• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can Timeshare change the due date of yearly payment?

Do you own at Law Cranberry?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • If "yes", are you happy with your ownership?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If "no", why not?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a timeshare with Law Cranberry in Collingwood for almost 20 years. In the past they send us an invoice for the maintenance fees that are due Jan 1st for that next years' usage. Once you pay, you can reserve a week in that year. Just this year, they sent us a letter saying that most of the members were saying it's a very poor time of year to have invoices for their vacation to come due etc. So now they say that the new date of July 31st will be the new due date and we can book in the following year.
My question is, can they change the due date and add interest if we don't pay it? Also when I purchased the timeshare, we initialed where it said that we would pay at a certain time of year, can they just change this????

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instead of paying in January, you will pay in July, having 5 additional months to come up with the money next year?

#1 Vacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
we used to pay the year of our stay, now they're asking 6months prior to the year of usage.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
we used to pay the year of our stay, now they're asking 6months prior to the year of usage.
But wouldn't you like to be able to book way in advance of your stay? With most paperwork, it usually includes in fine print that policies can be subject to change.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a timeshare with Law Cranberry in Collingwood for almost 20 years. In the past they send us an invoice for the maintenance fees that are due Jan 1st for that next years' usage. Once you pay, you can reserve a week in that year. Just this year, they sent us a letter saying that most of the members were saying it's a very poor time of year to have invoices for their vacation to come due etc. So now they say that the new date of July 31st will be the new due date and we can book in the following year.
My question is, can they change the due date and add interest if we don't pay it? Also when I purchased the timeshare, we initialed where it said that we would pay at a certain time of year, can they just change this????

I don't know if they can do this, but it looks like they are doing it. If it makes the Association have a better time of keeping their heads above water then I see no issue in it.

The problem is; Either this year or next year you will need to pay in January and July, and then every July thereafter.

Some may have difficulty coming up with two payments in the same year in order to get the new system up and running.

Keep us posted.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
As for your OP, I agree, 1/1 is a horrible time to have six or seven or 8 MFs due, and two real property taxes bills, and a bunch of personal property tax bills, and insurance renewals, and . . . .

:(

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also when I purchased the timeshare, we initialed where it said that we would pay at a certain time of year, can they just change this????

I think an honest answer to your question is that they can do what they darn well please. Primary reason is that the cost of fighting them will be high and your chance of prevailing if you do will be low...

George