• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Calendar Calculator

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
I seem to remember seeing an on-line calculator linked here a while ago where one can put in the desired check-in date and it calculates back to display the relevant windows such as ARP dates, VIP discount dates, cancellation date, etc. I can't remember if it was a Wyndham provided tool or just something someone here created. I've been searching around and haven't been able to find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can provide a link I'd appreciate it!

Specifically I'm wondering about the last day to cancel and still get points back. I know it's 15-days but is that inclusive or exclusive of the check-in and/or 15th day? For example, if I have a reservation check in date of the 28th of some month, do I have until the end of the day on the 12th, 13th or 14th to cancel?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
15 full days before the check in date, not counting the check in date. So using your dates it would be the 13th.

CW-Plus-Reservation-Timeline.jpg

Important Information:
  • During Prime season, you may reserve a minimum of three (3) nights, and a maximum of 14 nights on one reservation with no more than seven nights of the reservation going into the next booking window.
  • During High, Quiet and Value seasons, a two-night minimum stay is required.
  • During the Standard booking windows within all seasons you may check in on any day of the week. Some affiliate and associate locations may require check-in or out on selected days and may also require a 7 night stay. Requirements are located on the resort’s individual point’s chart.
  • You may rent additional points as needed to complete a portion of the last night’s reservation at a rate of $12 per 1,000 points online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.

Last edited:

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
There used to be a widget on the Wyndham website where you put in the check in date and it gave you the specific date to cancel, etc. When they rolled out the new, “improved” website design, it was eliminated. I wish they would put it back!

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
So using your dates it would be the 14th

Jan, that's not how I read the 15-day rule, although I've never tried a cancellation
exactly 14 days before the checkin date to verify. I always cancel by the end
of day (Eastern time) 15 days before the checkin - in the OP's example that would
be the 13th, not the 14th. There might be a one-day unadvertised grace period?

Has anyone reading this actually tried cancelling, e.g., on Tuesday the 14th
a reservation for a stay commencing on Tuesday the 28th?

The language on page 250 of the online member directory says it best for me:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/266

"If your reservation is cancelled 15 days or more prior to the check-in date
by 11:59 p.m. ET, the points used for your reservation will be returned to
the Use Year from which they came."

To me, the language in the Voyager website help file is not quite as clear:

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/...king-my-vacation/cancelling-reservation.page?

"
Canceling a Reservation
We encourage you to make your vacation reservations as far in advance as possible, when availability is greatest. We realize that sometimes your plans change and you may need to cancel your vacation.

You may cancel a reservation online or by calling the Vacation Planning Center at 800-251-8736.

Important Information
Canceling 15 Days or More Prior to Check In

If your reservation is canceled 15 days or more prior to the check-in date, the points used for the reservation will be returned to the Use Year from which they came and will retain all of their original benefits.

Canceling 14 Days or Less Prior to Check In

If your reservation is canceled 14 days or less prior to the check-in date the points used for your reservation will be forfeited.

Last-Minute Reservations

If you are making a reservation 15 days or less prior to check-in, you have 24 hours to cancel your reservation without forfeiting your points.

When booking a reservation for same-day check-in, the reservations must be cancelled prior to day of check-in to avoid forfeiting your points.

Canceling reservations with Points Protection

If Points Protection has been purchased for your reservation, you have until the day of check-in to cancel your reservation without forfeiting your points.

Points and Housekeeping Credit Rental*

If you cancel a reservation made with rented CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points or Housekeeping Credits, in accordance with the Cancellation Policy, you will now receive a refund of those fees spent to the original source of payment. This also includes reservations made through WYNDHAM Club Pass. *This applies only to reservations made and canceled after the launch of the upgraded system.

Reservations that were made prior to the launch of the upgraded systems that are cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy, will result in the points and Housekeeping Credits being returned to the Use Year of the reservation.
"

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan, that's not how I read the 15-day rule, although I've never tried a cancellation
exactly 14 days before the checkin date to verify. I always cancel by the end
of day (Eastern time) 15 days before the checkin - in the OP's example that would
be the 13th, not the 14th. There might be a one-day unadvertised grace period?

I fixed my error. I'm in need of more caffeine apparently. I didn't catch that I typed the wrong date. What I wrote about it being 15 full days before but not including the check in date clearly didn't agree with the date I posted.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham does have a tab for checking the cancelation date.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham does have a tab for checking the cancelation date.
Don’t you think it would be nice to actually inform the OP & the rest of us on where it can be found??
Where’s the helpful information? Instead of the I have a secret response

Last edited:

rubbub

TUG Member
Reaction score
There used to be a widget on the Wyndham website where you put in the check in date and it gave you the specific date to cancel, etc. When they rolled out the new, “improved” website design, it was eliminated. I wish they would put it back!
Ah thanks. That's probably what I was thinking of and why I couldn't find it again.

I fixed my error. I'm in need of more caffeine apparently. I didn't catch that I typed the wrong date. What I wrote about it being 15 full days before but not including the check in date clearly didn't agree with the date I posted.
Sorry Jan, it was probably my fault. I didn't think my post was clear enough initially so I edited it right afterwards. You may have started responding before I published my edit and may very well have been correct the way it was first written. I think your follow-up and the others are very clear now. Thank you.

Don’t you think it would be nice to actually inform the OP & the rest of us on where it can be found??
Yes, if it's on the site somewhere I'd like to know. I haven't been able to find it. I see the '15 days or more' written but not a specific date.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah thanks. That's probably what I was thinking of and why I couldn't find it again.

Sorry Jan, it was probably my fault. I didn't think my post was clear enough initially so I edited it right afterwards. You may have started responding before I published my edit and may very well have been correct the way it was first written. I think your follow-up and the others are very clear now. Thank you.

Yes, if it's on the site somewhere I'd like to know. I haven't been able to find it. I see the '15 days or more' written but not a specific date.

Under tab Owner 101, Knowledgebase, cancel reservation. I do recall a widget that gave you a day you had to cancel by if you already had a reservation.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under tab Owner 101, Knowledgebase, cancel reservation. I do recall a widget that gave you a day you had to cancel by if you already had a reservation.
I don’t see anything. The only item I can see to click on is the phone number for a VC.
Or did you post false information?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I can't find a widget.

c055e48c-b98c-44a5-9273-48354ab962e4

Sometimes a sanity check is nice, I can't find anything though.

In my head, to figure 15 days, it's 2 weeks + a day. So if today is Saturday, I know I can cancel through Sunday (inclusive). That's until midnight.

When you start the cancellation process, you'll get a message telling you if you'll get your points back (before you commit to cancelling). If you are booking within 15 days, you need to keep track of your 24 hours.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-25_22-54-52.png
    upload_2019-5-25_22-54-52.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 58

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct no widget any more. Someone posted it was removed with new system roll out.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score