• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo suggestions for family trip

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are considering Cabo for spring break with our kids (3 boys aged 2, 9 and 11). Is there things for them to do? I'm sure we can explore Cabo San Lucas and San Jose, but I'm wondering if the pool would get a little dull if there isn't a water slide or a safe beach for them. Our other options are Kauai (anyone know if you still have access to the Princeville beach?) or Atlantis. Thanks for any suggestions!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We are considering Cabo for spring break with our kids (3 boys aged 2, 9 and 11). Is there things for them to do? I'm sure we can explore Cabo San Lucas and San Jose, but I'm wondering if the pool would get a little dull if there isn't a water slide or a safe beach for them. Our other options are Kauai (anyone know if you still have access to the Princeville beach?) or Atlantis. Thanks for any suggestions!
I think you'd enjoy taking your kids to Cabo. When we lived in Bellevue, WA, we took our kids to Cabo for the first time in 1998 when they were 10, 12, & 16. We had taken them to Kauai the year before and we were amazed at how much better we liked the trip to Cabo because it was such a shorter flight and in the same time zone.

Being on a safe, swimmable beach and having the ability to walk to town made it ideal for our family and we had a lot of fun times going back each year.

If you can get a unit within walking distance to town, I think it would be a good place to go. I'd recommend any of the three Pueblo Bonitos. Sunset Beach isn't on a swimmable beach but has many pools and a free shuttle to the other two PB's which are on the swimmable beach. Other resorts on or near Medano Beach would include Cabo Villas, Casa Dorado on Medano Beach, Villa Palmar, and Marina Fiesta (not right on the beach but very close).

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it matters, note that even the kids will need passports to visit Cabo- or Atlantis- but not to Kauai.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think your kids, because of their age, would like Atlantis. I think you would like it too. I always wanted to take my family to Atlantis but had to settle for Disney World.

If you do go to Cabo with kids there are some activities that they would enjoy. The dolphin center is cool. Glass bottom boats. If you end up at the VDP , the whale slide in the pool is the cause of many injuries to all ages of users. It is made of concrete.

Bill