• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo San Lucas/Vidanta info

huenix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to Cabo in October. It *looks* like with where the Cabo GM is, you can just walk out to the street, which means the ability to get into town without jumping through Vidanta inspired hoops. I did a quick search but didn't see much. Any suggestions on things not to miss? We will prolly do a food tour and a snorkel trip but other than that we are open to about anything.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It's a fairly easy walk into the San Jose del Cabo downtown square with a church and lots of shops and restaurants along the way. I believe there's an art walk on Thursday evenings when the art galleries are open. You can also walk to the large grocery store as it's just several blocks away. Then you could take a taxi back if you had a lot of bags to carry.

If you've never been to the town of Cabo San Lucas, there are public busses that aren't expensive. It would give you a nice overview of the area along the water.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We went there about 10 years ago and loved it. Every unit has an ocean view. I would love a full report on the Haakasan day/night club. We have marked this resort off of our list because of this as we are not into the all day/night loud music. It was such a peaceful beach/pool day when we were there - I love to read while at both and do not like loud music blaring.

Karen is right - downtown Cabo San Jose is super easy walk. There are many restaurants and shops in the area - Check Trip-Advisor. The Mega is a very short walk from the resort (like from Buganvilias) with several bank ATM's on your walk to get Pesos. Down on the beach to your right, there were several "carport canopies" set up for super cheap (but good) massages - I like the ones in pink the best - did those regularly. :) There are a couple of good restaurants in the marina area (take a taxi).

The local bus is cheap to get to Cabo San Lucas that you can snag across the street from the Mega. It takes a while, but costs about 10-15% of the cost of a taxi. It is also a good choice when going home from the town square in San Jose.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
There's a very nice restaurant just up the street from the resort that we enjoyed when there. There's a dolphin encounter and a zipline across a dry river bed. We also loved taking a boat ride to the arch from the marina. I agree with the town square. Very nice area to visit with quaint shops, lots of restaurants. Also visit the church across the street from the square. It has an interesting story.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
There are several different swim with Dolphins options. The one we prefer is located in the Harbour at San Jose del Cabo. Others are in large cement pools. All activities will normally pick you up at your Resort and return you after it is done. Cabo Adventure has an activity in which you zip line, repel, minor easy cliff climb, etc. There are many restaurants in San Jose del Cabo. The downtown is just under a mile. If you have a car the best swimming/snorkeling beaches are Chileno and Santa Maria. These are both along the Corridor between the 2 towns. These are the places the boat snorkel tours take you. If you drive to one of the beaches there are bathrooms but remember to take your own toilet paper. There is a small family restaurant Mariscos El Chino on Miguel Hidalgo. Great Fish Tacos at a fair price.

huenix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info everyone! I definitely want to go see the arch (Although I just got back from Arches NP.) Is there a way to rent a kayak and paddle out?

We did a dolphin thing in Nuevo last summer and it was incredible. I didn't want to go at all but was told I was going, and it was amazing. They REALLY take care of the dolphins.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Drove out to East Cape today. Guard kept us from driving into the Resort area. He said it might be open by December. Once you get from the Resort to the Highway it is 17km into San Jose del Cabo on a winding, up and down, 2 lane road. Boy talk about being trapped on Vidanta.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Today we leave Cabo. Our first week was Cabo Azul. The second week was Coral Baja. Let me asure you that the presunrise reserving of multiple lounge chairs around the pool and the moving of umbrellas on stands is in full force here. The worse case at Coral Baja is one guy that goes down presunrise, spreads towels on about 8 chairs, and moves several umbrellas on stands to cover his chairs. At Cabo Azul people were reserving 10 to 15 loungs chairs. Also the hanging of towels and bathsuits on patios is widely practiced even though management reminds people not to do it. I guess they have not figured out that every Condo has a clothes dryer. Or maybe they think using clothes dryers is not resort living. We have had a wonderful time. We only got to snorkel twice. Once at Chileno and once at Cabo Pulmo. We were going to go yesterday but there were too many morning clouds. We like to be at Chileno between 8 and 8:30. No wind, no waves, and no people. We did visit 1 Open House. It was a Gated Community by East Cape. It was a gorgeous house. It came furnished, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, Infinity Pool, Hot Tub, etc, etc. It was only $2.8 million. The basic HOA's were about $600. If you wanted lawn and Pool care that was an additional $600. They would also manage the rental if you wanted. The house went for $1,080 per night with a 7 night minimum. They took 23%. It will probably be 2 years before we return as next year is Europe and Australia.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Today we leave Cabo. Our first week was Cabo Azul. The second week was Coral Baja. Let me asure you that the presunrise reserving of multiple lounge chairs around the pool and the moving of umbrellas on stands is in full force here. The worse case at Coral Baja is one guy that goes down presunrise, spreads towels on about 8 chairs, and moves several umbrellas on stands to cover his chairs. At Cabo Azul people were reserving 10 to 15 loungs chairs. Also the hanging of towels and bathsuits on patios is widely practiced even though management reminds people not to do it. I guess they have not figured out that every Condo has a clothes dryer. Or maybe they think using clothes dryers is not resort living. We have had a wonderful time. We only got to snorkel twice. Once at Chileno and once at Cabo Pulmo. We were going to go yesterday but there were too many morning clouds. We like to be at Chileno between 8 and 8:30. No wind, no waves, and no people. We did visit 1 Open House. It was a Gated Community by East Cape. It was a gorgeous house. It came furnished, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, Infinity Pool, Hot Tub, etc, etc. It was only $2.8 million. The basic HOA's were about $600. If you wanted lawn and Pool care that was an additional $600. They would also manage the rental if you wanted. The house went for $1,080 per night with a 7 night minimum. They took 23%. It will probably be 2 years before we return as next year is Europe and Australia.
Was this house in Encinitas or Mexico? 2.8M!?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Last I checked Cabo was at the Southern tip of Baja California, Mexico. There are a lot houses that go for more than $2.8 Million in the Cabo Area. Oops but I miss typed my earlier message and did not catch it. The house we looked at was only $1.8 million. But checkout Chileno Bay Resort, Cabo, Mexico. House easy for $3 to $4 Million.