• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying resale in Hawaii

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
If we were to purchase a floating resale week at Kaanapali Beach Club , would we have trouble reserving a week since it is advertised and sold as a floating week? It appears that most of Diamond is now operating on points so I am unclear if owning a re-sale week makes sense. We would use this strickly for Hawaii as we own 2 weeks already with Hyatt that we can use for trading.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If we were to purchase a floating resale week at Kaanapali Beach Club , would we have trouble reserving a week since it is advertised and sold as a floating week? It appears that most of Diamond is now operating on points so I am unclear if owning a re-sale week makes sense. We would use this strickly for Hawaii as we own 2 weeks already with Hyatt that we can use for trading.
I don't know. The only thing I know is the Hawaii Collection (points) owns 55% of KBC in 2016.
upload_2017-8-6_10-28-35.png

Last edited:

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fanta Sea Resorts, Flagship Atlantic City;
The Bay Club at Waikoloa, HGVC;
Ka'anapali Beach Resort, DRI;
I own a floating week there and had no problem this year getting the week I wanted and actually changed my week from August to September and they were fine with the change and the week I wanted. We are going there next month. I purchased my week resale last year.

I have a ocean front unit and look forward to going there next month. It will be our first time there and this is the first Diamond week that I own. I keep reading how bad Diamond is and how much people want to get rid of their unit and hopefully they are not as bad as I keep reading.

I am also trying to get in their exchange program but it tells me that I am not eligible, but as always I will keep trying. I will let you know next month what kind of week I have when I return.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I own a floating week there and had no problem this year getting the week I wanted and actually changed my week from August to September and they were fine with the change and the week I wanted. We are going there next month. I purchased my week resale last year.

I have a ocean front unit and look forward to going there next month. It will be our first time there and this is the first Diamond week that I own. I keep reading how bad Diamond is and how much people want to get rid of their unit and hopefully they are not as bad as I keep reading.

I am also trying to get in their exchange program but it tells me that I am not eligible, but as always I will keep trying. I will let you know next month what kind of week I have when I return.
Thank you. Hope it works out. We stayed there years ago and enjoyed it and the MFs are more reasonable than many in Maui.

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fanta Sea Resorts, Flagship Atlantic City;
The Bay Club at Waikoloa, HGVC;
Ka'anapali Beach Resort, DRI;
I thought the MFs were ok as well but I keep reading that they are raising all their fees and the increases are way more than they should be. I have only owned a year so I guess next year I will know if the. prices go way up or not. I am hoping now. I also enjoy going to Hawaii and keep reading about the flights going down next year with /southwest going there so I am hoping that is true too. Good luck.