• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying off ebay, add more points later?

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking into buying a small contract <100,000 at Wyndham as part of the club so I have no home resort.
If I buy a small amount up front, can I them buy another club contract if I want to add more points later, and will they just roll into my current contract?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Looking into buying a small contract <100,000 at Wyndham as part of the club so I have no home resort.
If I buy a small amount up front, can I them buy another club contract if I want to add more points later, and will they just roll into my current contract?

The quick answer is "Yes, you can add more contracts later."

There are other things you should be aware of with having a small contract... sorry I can't elaborate right now, but I'll check back when I have more time... if others haven't chimed in with more details I'll expand.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks that would be great...I'm still scouring the wealth of info on this page.
I would like something small at first to see if it's a good fit for us and add more as the time goes along.

I don't want to jump into something with huge fees and wind up not using it....but if I'm finding myself wanting longer stays, etc I would like to add later.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
I would suggest you look at the points chart for Wyndham properties, this will give you an idea of the amount of points you would need to book a unit of your liking. Once you know this, then that is the least amount of points you should consider buying. If you want to try the system, is better to rent points from an owner and test the system this way.

The problem in buying a small contract, and then adding another contract, is that you would have two or more closing costs. You would still have to pay full yearly Wyndham membership fee on the small contract, and if you decide you did not like it, you would have to pay closing cost again to sell them or give them away. Also, do not buy an EOY as your fist purchase, as membership fees are paid yearly.

My last bid of advice is to know where you want to vacation. Wyndham has many properties, and probably the largest vacation club, however, they have more properties on the East Coast. So review, compare, and research Wyndham and any other club, because you may find a club that suits you better. And you can always get answers here.

Good luck!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add contracts later to your account.
They will not roll in with another contract, but will be in your one account. All points can be combined together at 10 months.
Reservations made 13 to 10 months out cannot combine points at different home resorts

The only problem starting with a small contract is the Wyndham minimum program fee is based on about 233,000 points.
Minimum program fee for a resale account is $135.00 [$.58 per 1,000 points owned]
MFs are based on points owned with no minimum fee

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you look at the points chart for Wyndham properties, this will give you an idea of the amount of points you would need to book a unit of your liking. Once you know this, then that is the least amount of points you should consider buying. If you want to try the system, is better to rent points from an owner and test the system this way.

The problem in buying a small contract, and then adding another contract, is that you would have two or more closing costs. You would still have to pay full yearly Wyndham membership fee on the small contract, and if you decide you did not like it, you would have to pay closing cost again to sell them or give them away. Also, do not buy an EOY as your fist purchase, as membership fees are paid yearly.

My last bid of advice is to know where you want to vacation. Wyndham has many properties, and probably the largest vacation club, however, they have more properties on the East Coast. So review, compare, and research Wyndham and any other club, because you may find a club that suits you better. And you can always get answers here.

Good luck!

I am renting at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this fall..not direct from an owner but a travel agency who banks owners unused points. I have a Wyndham in my town so if I were to get a smaller amount up front I could at least use their facilities.
If I later added another contract, I would have to pay 2 membership fees forever? They wouldn't combine into one happy account?
You can add contracts later to your account.
They will not roll in with another contract, but will be in your one account. All points can be combined together at 10 months.
Reservations made 13 to 10 months out cannot combine points at different home resorts

The only problem starting with a small contract is the Wyndham minimum program fee is based on about 233,000 points.
Minimum program fee for a resale account is $135.00 [$.58 per 1,000 points owned]
MFs are based on points owned with no minimum fee

So after 10 months It would just show my total points regardless of contract?

Also, you're saying that regardless of how many points I had below 233000, I would still pay the minimum of $135?

Thanks again for the help guys. There is so much info here and I will take the time to learn it...

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I later added another contract, I would have to pay 2 membership fees forever? They wouldn't combine into one happy account?

So after 10 months It would just show my total points regardless of contract?

Also, you're saying that regardless of how many points I had below 233000, I would still pay the minimum of $135?

Thanks again for the help guys. There is so much info here and I will take the time to learn it...
You will have one member number & there is no membership fee. All contracts will be listed separately in the your one member account
At 10 months all points are combined & can all be used for one reservation
Correct minimum program fee is $135 & is based on total points owned not individual contracts.
Minimum program fee is $135 if you only own resale contracts, fee is $.58 per 1,000 points
If you even have one developer contract the minimum program fee is $155 on all contracts including resales in your membership, fee is $.60 per 1,000 points

MFs are same per 1,000 points, it doesn’t matter if you own 10,000 or 10mil points.
If your MFs are $5 per 1,000 points, on 10,000 points its $50 or on 10mil its $50,000

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
MFs are same per 1,000 points, it doesn’t matter if you own 10,000 or 10mil points.
If your MFs are $5 per 1,000 points, on 10,000 points its $50 or on 10mil its $50,000

Point of clarification... MFs vary by resort, contract, resort phase, etc. So one contract may be $5/1000 and another may be $7/1000 or some other amount. The program fee per thousand will be the same for the entire account.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do MF's vary if you have club access contract(s)?