• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying Marriott Reward Points?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Those of you that have purchased Marriott Rewards Points (MRPs), how long does it take to get them deposited in your Marriott Rewards Account? I need about 25,000 more points to buy a travel package and am wondering if I have enough time to get them in my account.

Thanks, Ray

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Took about 48 business hours. I just did it for 50K MRPs over the weekend, received an email on Monday morning that they were having system issues and asked that I go through the purchase again. I did it on Monday and the points were deposited on Wed.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Since you just did it....how much does 50k points cost? Please save me from navigating the Marriott sight.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Thx for the information!

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
$625. More expensive than the SPG promo but we have already bought those as well.

If you have an SPG account, much better deal to get the current 35% off promo to buy Starwood points and then convert them to Marriott Rewards Points at a rate of 1 Starpoint for 3 MRPs. Last night I purchased 30k Starpoints for about $680 (with the 35% discount). I converted those to 90k MRPs in less than 5 minutes start to finish. Posted immediately. Of course, you need to already have an SPG account. The 35% discount ends tonight at midnight. Good luck.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have an SPG account, much better deal to get the current 35% off promo to buy Starwood points and then convert them to Marriott Rewards Points at a rate of 1 Starpoint for 3 MRPs. Last night I purchased 30k Starpoints for about $680 (with the 35% discount). I converted those to 90k MRPs in less than 5 minutes start to finish. Posted immediately. Of course, you need to already have an SPG account. The 35% discount ends tonight at midnight. Good luck.
See my post which you quoted. :) I had already bought the SPG points...

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good. Hopefully, the OP can take advantage of this offer as well.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Thanks to ALL! And thanks for the heads up on the points sale at SPG. Just purchased the points I needed and was able to get the 35% off on the last day!

Thanks Again!
Ray

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to ALL! And thanks for the heads up on the points sale at SPG. Just purchased the points I needed and was able to get the 35% off on the last day!

Thanks Again!
Ray

Glad it worked out. To me any chance to purchase MRPs for less than .01 each is a deal.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We need 400K UA miles for 2 one-way business class tickets to Sydney from the US for our Transpacific cruise in 2020, hence we bought multiple packages to get us those miles. We did something similar for the past 2 years to get us 720K UA miles for 2 roundtrip business class tickets to South East Asia for this Dec's cruise. After this I have no idea how we are going to get miles at a reasonable conversion rate.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A
We need 400K UA miles for 2 one-way business class tickets to Sydney from the US for our Transpacific cruise in 2020, hence we bought multiple packages to get us those miles. We did something similar for the past 2 years to get us 720K UA miles for 2 roundtrip business class tickets to South East Asia for this Dec's cruise. After this I have no idea how we are going to get miles at a reasonable conversion rate.

Agreed. We are stocking up on TP FF miles for the same reason. At one time, I redeemed MRPs for cruise vouchers. Then they devalued those to a point to make them worthless to me. I am afraid that based on the new TP prices, the chance to get FF miles at a good price is going the way of the cruise vouchers of a few years ago. At least we are getting a chance to stock up. With the cruise certificate devaluation there was far less warning.