• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bulk space banking - which Hawaii resorts??

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
We have been staying at Paniolo Greens for Jan-Feb for 2 yrs since they bulk space bank 2 br units around the 2 yr window and I can easily book consecutive RCI exchanges for the entire timeframe. However, would like to try another island for a winter getaway.

Do other HI resorts bulk space bank 2 br units - if so, how far in advance?

Thanks for any help.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Hilton releases bulk units. The ones I saw, and was interested in, were on the Big Island in the Waikoloa resort area. I "think" I remember seeing them around March or so. They also do a bulk release for Oahu.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Jwerking - Your best bet is to put in an ongoing search 12 mos. or more in advance - then you don't have to worry about trying to catch a space banking when it comes in. Also - ongoing searches are filled FIRST, before inventory goes online. If you only look online, you only see the leftovers.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Denise:

Ongoing searches for a 8 wk stay in HI is very difficult for Jan - Feb esp when TPU values are high for 2 br units. It would require 8 deposited wks with relatively high TPU values in the mid 30s to 40 - which unfortunately I do not have when I lock off my 2 Hilton Head beach wks (8 wks total). Usually only get 25 to 32 TPUs for each deposit - which I have combined into one giant deposit and exchanged for Paniolo Green wks one by one when they are sitting online - which is the reason we have gone there for the last two yrs.

Very strangely, for our upcoming 8 wk stay at Paniolo Greens starting in 10 days - there must have been a glitch in the RCI system - as the weeks only required from 12 to 16 RPUs for a 2 br unit. A real bargain for this year's stay. Currently, available wks are posted at 28 TPUs - which is more reasonable but still a bargain IMHO for a 2 Br. We have gotten to know the Front Office staff pretty well after last yrs 2 month stay and I am delighted that they are going to provide a complimentary upgrade to a 3 BR unit this year as they did last year.

The Hilton resort at Waikoloa, which Luanne mentioned, requires about 42 TPUs or maybe more for a 2 br. While it is a very nice resort, you still have to drive to the beach - so not worth the extra TPUs in my opinion for an extended 2 month stay.

I may give Hawaii Timeshare Exchange (HSTE) a try - we used them about 5 yrs ago for exchanges into Lawai Beach Resort in Kauai - which I liked a lot albeit they did not have AC - which I prefer.

Joyce

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was going to mention HTSE and Lawai Beach resort. That's the only thing I could think of for two months. They maybe able to help with a month at one and a month somewhere else, if you are open to that.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Jeff for your reply. I did email HSTE and got a prompt reply from them. Of course, they state that Xmas - Mar is prime season and getting 2 br units at Lawai Beach will be difficult. A few yrs ago - I somehow managed to get a XMAS and New Years week with them in Lawai Resort 2 BR units. Pure luck - as the units were just sitting there online and they were nice enough to hold them for a few days while I joined and got my weeks deposited with them. Nice service from a small exchange company.

Nice think about HTSE is that there is no trading power computation - a week is a week. Will likely just deposit my 2018 weeks with them and try to get the month of January 2020 in Kauai. I should be able to at least get 1 br units. May also be fun to spend a month in Maui - I just don't want to spend wasted time switching resorts.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Hilton releases bulk units. The ones I saw, and was interested in, were on the Big Island in the Waikoloa resort area. I "think" I remember seeing them around March or so. They also do a bulk release for Oahu.
Do you happen to know when they have Oahu available in RCI. Every time I check there's nothing available

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Do you happen to know when they have Oahu available in RCI. Every time I check there's nothing available
No, sorry I don't know. I am never looking for Oahu.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might also look at trading places for Maui schooner and Wyndham Mauna loa or Kona resort. Each of these are bulk banked and it is possible to get consecutive weeks.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
For several years Hilton released bulk units for Waikoloa at 14 months out. This year they've released bulk units for Grand Waikikian (Oahu) at 6 months out and Kingsland and the Bay Club (the Big Island) at 5 months out.

That's for summer. I don't know if it differs for winter.

jnsrusty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa
I believe I saw the bulk deposit to RCI for Oahu in March last year. Should be happening soon!