• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Building Request for Christmas Stay at Hyatt High Sierra Lodge

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we well be spending Xmas week at HSL in Incline Village and were curious what are considered preferred buildings and floor for a winter stay? Intuitively I am thinking building 3 because we have young kids and will be going over to the hotel a lot to eat and play...But there may be other nuances I am not aware of where another building may be more optimal. We are fairly new owners so this will be our first stay at our home resort (after many fun stays at the Hyatt regency next door). Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

aristotechie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 3 is the closest to Hyatt Regency Hotel, where we go to catch bus rides to Diamond Peak in the winter time. We also take advantage of the bigger pool and jacuzzi over at the hotel side. At the end of the day, It isn’t really that much further to the hotel from other HSL buildings. There are slopes behind building 5 and 2 for sledding, if you have kids or adults that are young at heart. Parking is easier for buildings 1, 2 and 3 as spots next to buildings 4, 5 and 6 are more scarce and are often taken.

I prefer the ground floor because of all the ski and snowboarding gear being lugged around daily. Also my kids like to run around and we don’t want to disturb anyone under us.

We will be up there next week as well so see you around!

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 3 is the closest to Hyatt Regency Hotel, where we go to catch bus rides to Diamond Peak in the winter time. We also take advantage of the bigger pool and jacuzzi over at the hotel side. At the end of the day, It isn’t really that much further to the hotel from other HSL buildings. There are slopes behind building 5 and 2 for sledding, if you have kids or adults that are young at heart. Parking is easier for buildings 1, 2 and 3 as spots next to buildings 4, 5 and 6 are more scarce and are often taken.

I prefer the ground floor because of all the ski and snowboarding gear being lugged around daily. Also my kids like to run around and we don’t want to disturb anyone under us.

We will be up there next week as well so see you around!
Awesome! I do have young kids (7 and 4.5). We are an hour away in our deive...Whew...! Looks like only 6 runs are open at diamond peak but given the age of our kids, that is where we will be headed.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

aristotechie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traffic is indeed worse than I expected. We are halfway up, stopping at Roseville/Rocklin for a late lunch and last minute winter gear. My kids are 5 and 10, so Diamond Peak will be fine as long as the main trails are open.

Mount Rose has better trail conditions, so we may check it out later in the week.