• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Broker selling RCI Platinum Points in exchange for Wyndham Deed

bmanlanc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Have a 15x,000 point deed with Wyndham Not useful to me anymore.

A broker is trying to sell 30 or 60K points with RCI Platinum

$16K cost. There is 124 membership annual membership fee, and another $89 fee every three years. Maintenance is $300 for 30,000 points, or $600 for 60,000 points.

My concerns:
Broker says to, or they will open a ccard with a 0% interest for 15 months to finance it. Then thy say to just keep rolling the amount into new 0% interest rate cards. That sounds, like it is not going to work very long, and it a sketchy idea. Maybe the first card, but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th?

Also said need to get a lawyer, pay fees, probably 5 years in probate to get rid of deed... Wyndham has the Ovation program and I qualify to walk away from it, no fee on my end, 4 months time. Other people say it has been successful with them. Seems like a bold faced lie.

Points get me what? I have no f'ing idea. At the meeting, says to go to RCI and see what the points to get. RCI will not me exactly zero, unless I become a member. No idea what 30K will do, or 60K will do. RCI simply won't tell me. I have been exchanging from Wyndham into RCI, but I know its leftovers.

Suppose the 0% finance things works, I did the math and over 20 years, I am paying the same amount to Wyndham and a RCI exchange fee, as I am to these guys with the maintenance fees, and an extra 6 thousand for the 60K program.

This does not sound right or like a good idea. ANy thoughts please?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You could give back what you own through Ovations to Wyndham and buy the same type of "deal" for $500 or less all in. 30k-60k RCI points won't get you much in the way of vacation though. So you probably would be better off using ovation and renting weeks as you want to vacation.

bmanlanc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How would one buy the same deal for $500? Aftermarket, people selling their plans?

And what can 30 or 60K do? The broker was showing examples, but I can't find any info online.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A single prime week would take 60k for a 1 BR in a newer resort and 85,000-100,000 points.

30,000 will get you a studio or an off season 1 br. Each RCI exchange also costs $199-$239 exchange fee. Their are last minute weeks for 10,000 points but you still pay the $239 exchange fee and that really doesn't make them much better than the Last call rentals which cost slightly more regularly and slightly less if you catch one of RCI's frequent sales on rentals.

Here's a pdf of most of the US RCI points resorts and the points for each week based on size.
https://www.rci.com/static/docs/en_US/points-grid.pdf

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Someone is giving away a deed worth 92,500 RCI Points in the bargain deals forum. Free is always better than $16,000.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Don't walk, run away from this deal. It is absolutely horrible!

First of all you may be able to give away your Wyndham points deed here on TUG asking some to pay the closing costs. Yes, Ovation is legit and they will do it a lot faster than it takes to get a deed transferred to a new owner.

Second that 92,500 point deed at Vacation Village at Parkway that is being given away in the Bargain Deals is a darn good deal. You should seriously consider it. If you can find someone giving away or selling cheap a 98,000 point deed at Grandview Las Vegas, also a Vacation Village property, that would be another good deal to jump on. A lot of people here on TUG have used LT Transfers to transfer or sell a deed to another owner and highly recommend them. So no worries about how this would be done if you take this person up on their great offer.

As a first time points owner in RCI you will pay $224 and if you would buy any other point deeds it will only cost you $99.

RCI® Points Fees United States effective July 1, 2018
Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI - you pay your resort directly.

Annual RCI Points® Subscription Fees USD
1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499
Annual RCI Points Platinum Fees Total Cost (USD) Price Per
Year (USD)

RCI Points Platinum® 1 Yr $89
RCI Points Platinum® 2 Yrs $155 $77.50
RCI Points Platinum® 3 Yrs $221 $73.67
RCI Points Platinum® 4 Yrs $279 $69.75
RCI Points Platinum® 5 Yrs $322 $64.40
Exchange Vacations USD (Call Center/RCI.com)
Home Week Reservation (7 nights) No Charge
Home Resort Reservation (7 nights) $50
RCI Points Reservation 14 nights + $288
RCI Points Reservation: 7-13 nights $209
RCI Points Reservation 6 nights $199
RCI Points Reservation: 5 nights $179
RCI Points Reservation 4 nights $139
RCI Points Reservation: 3 nights $109
RCI Points Reservation 2 nights $79
RCI Points Reservation: 1 night $59
RCI Weeks Reservation (7 nights) $239
Managing Your Points USD
Points Saving Fee $26
Points Extension -
Less than or Equal to 30,000 Points $85
Points Extension -
30,001 Points or more $125
Points Extension Fee - WVO
Flat rate $109
Points Rental Fee (Per Point) $0.03
Points for Deposit Fee $49
RCI Points Protection
Purchased 30 days or less from the date of vacation confirmation AND 15 days or more before check-in date
USD
1-2 nights $39
3-4 nights $49
5+ nights $59
Purchased 31 days or more from the date of vacation confirmation OR 14 days or less from check-in date USD
1-2 nights $79
3-4 nights $89
5+ nights $99
Miscellaneous Fees
USD
Guest Certificates $84
Membership Transfer Application (MTA) $98
Duplicate Points Directory (S&H) $6.95

RCI PLATINUM® Benefits

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-RentalDiscounts.png

10% Discount on Extra Vacations getaways and Last Call Vacations
Enjoy an additional 10% off all your Extra VacationsSMgetaways and Last CallSM Vacations — even those already on sale.*

RCI Platinum Points Extension
Get more time to enjoy your Points! As an RCI Platinum member, who is also an RCI Points® member, you are eligible to extend your unused Points for Two Use Years, as compared to standard RCI members who can extend their Points for only One Use Year, when they pay the same applicable fee. While extended Points expire at the end of a Third Use Year for standard RCI members, RCI Platinum members will enjoy a Fourth Use Year with no additional fee.

Free Ongoing Search
Can’t find the vacation you’re looking for right now? We’ll keep a lookout for you 24/7 and you won’t be charged your exchange fee until we find a match!

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreeOnHold.png

Free On-Hold Vacations
Not quite ready to book? We’ll hold your 7-night RCI Weeks®vacation for you without a fee while you iron out those last minute details.

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-GuestCertDiscount.png

25% discount on Guest Certificates
Receive a 25% discount on the purchase of Guest Certificates which you can share with family or friends! An RCI® Guest Certificate lets them experience a vacation at an RCI affiliated resort booked through your RCI account.

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-TravelConcierge.png

Travel Concierge
Receive access to the comfort, care, and attention of personal assistance coordinators available 24/7 to respond to your phone calls. Available services include restaurant reservations, event ticketing, ground transportation coordination, golf tee-time reservations, and more! Click here to view all available services. Please contact RCI directly (at 1.866.545.7205) to assist you with Exchange-related inquiries. To take advantage of your Travel Concierge services, call 1.866.557.3238 (domestic) or 715.342.2414 (International collect).1

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-TravelAssistance.png

24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance
Relax knowing you have access to dedicated around-the-clock travel counselors, just a phone call away to help solve last minute travel problems or to help with emergencies, such as flight or hotel re-booking, roadside assistance - assist only, or emergency travel return services. Click hereto view all available services. Please contact RCI directly (at 1.866.545.7205) to assist you with Exchange-related inquiries. To take advantage of your Emergency Travel benefits, call 1.866.557.3238 (domestic) or 715.342.2414(International collect).1

City Attractions
Save 20% off things to do when you travel with a Go City Card multi-attraction pass. Passes include admission to top attractions, tours, museums, and more in 11 popular destinations for one low price. Pay nothing at the gate. More choices, more savings.

Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Changes
Here’s how it works: when you book your confirmed Exchange vacation, you’ll have the opportunity to receive Complimentary Unit Upgrades and Resort Changes. Just let us know you’re interested in a unit upgrade or resort change. Within two weeks of check-in, if one of the resorts you’ve specified, or a bigger unit at your confirmed resort becomes available, we’ll change your reservation and provide you with the details.

Savings Dollars
Earn Savings Dollars on select RCI transactions you already do (like paying exchange fees and renewing your RCI®subscribing membership).Then it’s up to you how you redeem them – hotel stays, home electronics, fashion, wine (where legally available to ship), jewelry, sporting goods, dining certificates and more.*

Priority Access
Get exclusive access to exchange vacations at select hotels and resorts before they’re made available to standard RCI®subscribing members for exchange.

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PlatinumPreviews.png

Platinum Previews
RCI Platinum members have first dibs on Extra VacationsSMgetaways sales! With RCI Platinum membership, see (and book) Extra Vacations getaways sales one day earlier than standard RCI members.

RCI® Points Partner Program
Make your Points go farther! RCI Platinum members, who are RCI Points members, can use more of their annual Points allocation when booking travel – 50% of your annual Points allotment, rather than 33% for standard RCI members.

Platinum Cruise Exchange
RCI Platinum members still receive an extra $25USD off per cabin towards the purchase of select cruises (and can enjoy this benefit on an unlimited number of cabins, so bring along the whole family!)

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PriorityAnswer.png

Priority Answer
RCI Platinum members who call 1.866.545.7205 get quicker access to our knowledgeable guides. Enjoy fast answers from the RCI Platinum experts who are waiting to help you with your vacation planning!

Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreePointsTransfers.png

Free Points Transfers
Know an RCI Points member that could use additional Points? Lucky them! Now RCI Platinum members no longer pay a Points transfer fee, so transfer away!

RCI Platinum® Guided Vacations
Looking to explore exotic locales? Or do you want to visit a new location in the U.S.? Either way, we’ve got a vacation tour for you! Plus, RCI Platinum members receive an extra $25USD per couple towards the purchase of select tours, as compared to standard RCI members.

bmanlanc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Everything from thhe exchange vacations down, I am not familiar with. Only used Wyndham and poitns before, and had to exchange into RCI with whatever RCI let us use (broker said, for whatever that is worth, that we do not see all the unit available doing that - which does not make sens to me).

Ltdvacation

Reaction score
The 0% card gets them paid today and you left to deal with it.
Once promo is up usually 20+%...
I’ve been watching on eBay and tug marketplace trying to get a feel for what actual market price is.
I’m sure someone would take the Wyndham deed off your hands on here. ;)