• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brewster Green

rachel1998

Reaction score
We are scheduled to go there in October. My brother and niece are going to meet us I guess in Boston. They are flying in from California and we will take the Amtrak from Atlanta to Boston. Is Boston the best place for all of us to meet to go there or can we fly or take the train someplace closer and not as congested?

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How about Providence, RI?

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too. Are you trying to meet up so as to only rent one car? If so, you might be better off meeting them in Boston. Unless they rent the car at Logan, then pick you up in Providence.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
The driving is pretty challenging in Boston around Logan. Providence would be an easier place to rent a car and drive, and the drive to Cape Cod would be very straightforward from there, too.

rachel1998

Reaction score
Yes, we are only going to rent one car. We will probably arrive one day early and then pick them up at the airport. You think Providence would be better than Logan?

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we are only going to rent one car. We will probably arrive one day early and then pick them up at the airport. You think Providence would be better than Logan?

Are you brother and niece definitely flying into Boston or can they re-route to PVD (though they might have better options flying into BOS anyway).

It's definitely easier to get in and out of Providence (by the way, the airport is not in Providence but several miles south in Warwick). From my experience, it's now easier to get to Logan with the new tunnels, but can still be tricky getting out.

If they already have airfare from the West coast into BOS, one suggestion I can make is that you stick with your original plans to pick them up in Boston, but instead of driving to Logan, drive to the outlying T-Stop in Quincy, and take the 'T' (subway) to/from Logan http://www.mbta.com. From Quincy, it is a straight-shot down Rt 3 to the Cape.

I have done this in the past just to avoid the hassles of driving around Logan.

Of course this will be a tad more difficult if there is a lot of luggage involved and might add a few dollars to the cost (parking in Quincy and fares for the 'T')

FYI, I do not know which, if any, car rental companies are located at the Providence Train Station.

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd look at Providence also. SouthWest Air flys into Providence from the west coast with reasonable airfares. Amtrack stops in Providence as well. Providence is definitely an easier city to navigate and a little closer to the Cape.

rachel1998

Reaction score
My brother hasn't gotten his plane tickets yet, that is why I thought I would check now. We will definetly do Providence. I hate all the hastle going to Logan. How far is it to Brewster Green from there?

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
It's easy to follow the hwy to the Cape from PVD TF Green. Easy airport to navigate.. 90 minutes is my guess to BG.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's easy to follow the hwy to the Cape from PVD TF Green. Easy airport to navigate.. 90 minutes is my guess to BG.

Yep, about that--Mapquest says 2 hrs 5 minutes from Warwick to Brewster.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
For the last couple of years flights from PVD were a bit more than Logan but after my current searches it has reversed itself to being a bit lower like it used to be for years. There are not as many flight options when using FF tickets at least in 2008.

I live about 35 minutes from PVD and it takes me about 90 minutes to get to BG and 75 minutes to get to my SIL in Mashpee.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We drive like snails. :wave: Everything always takes us at least half an hour more than Mapquest says it will.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, about that--Mapquest says 2 hrs 5 minutes from Warwick to Brewster.

I assume you are going to BG on a Saturday or Sunday, BUT, if you are going to be traveling to/from the airport to/from BG on a weekday, be prepared for traffic and congestion going through Providence during rush hour (am & pm)

Enjoy the trip. October is a great time to be in New England.