• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breville Mini Pie Maker: Love It!

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Scrambled Egg & Sausage Breakfast Pies

defb0c17.jpg

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I saw the Bella and Babycakes ones at Kohl's and Wegman's.....there's a mini-mini one that makes tiny pies to top off lollipop sticks.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/per...ociate/PRD~910080/Babycakes+Pie+Pop+Maker.jsp

I think eating a pie on a lollipop stick would be rather messy, but it'd be a good size for making little tarts.

I think they were 29.99 minus the current 15, 20, 0r 30% certificate.

Kohl's has become my new obsession for good deals: PGO15OFF (15%) & SAVEATKOHLS (30%) stack if your purchase amount it at least $100 for a total of over 40% off through tonight with a Kohl's cc.

Since I discovered the online codes, I have bought quite a bit from them. It seems like I was the last person who didn't have a cc or was unaware of their great discounts.

sstug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I discovered the online codes, I have bought quite a bit from them. It seems like I was the last person who didn't have a cc or was unaware of their great discounts.

Same here, I must have been the second to last...

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
Heathpack -

Those look pretty tasty! I make my own breakfast sausage, and occasionally will make a loaf of what I call 'Breakfast' bread. I make it jelly-roll style with chopped hard-boiled egg, bacon and cheddar cheese (and I substitute bacon fat for the shortening/oil). I'm going to give your pastries a try next round though!

pkyorkbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
The breakfast pies look delicious. I have been reading the threads trying to tell myself I do not need one of the pie makers. But now that I see the breakfast pie the family would like this....

Even the taco recipe thread sounds good. Family does not eat too much in the way of dessers.

Thank you
hope the ideas continue....:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the Emeril mini pie maker for my birthday and want to try pecan and apple pie in them. Will they cook well enough in 10-15 minutes or do I need to cook the filling a little first? I plan to use homemade crust since we don't really like the taste of the ref. crust.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I used my Sunbeam pie maker last night to make Manwich sloppy joe meat pies. Can I just say, they were AWESOME? :)

Dave, who is becoming more comfortable in the kitchen. Sort of...

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received the Emeril mini pie maker for my birthday and want to try pecan and apple pie in them. Will they cook well enough in 10-15 minutes or do I need to cook the filling a little first? I plan to use homemade crust since we don't really like the taste of the ref. crust.

A warning regarding homemade crust - be sure to roll it very thin (which is much easier with the prepared crusts - even those they suggest rolling out to 11" instead of 9).

I would cook the apples first, because they won't cook fully in the 10-12 minutes. The instructions for the Bella and Sunbeam both warn that meats should be precooked, because they won't cook enought in the time needed to finish the crusts. I don't know about pecan pies, but it probably wouldn't hurt to precook the filling as well.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
A warning regarding homemade crust - be sure to roll it very thin (which is much easier with the prepared crusts - even those they suggest rolling out to 11" instead of 9).

I would cook the apples first, because they won't cook fully in the 10-12 minutes. The instructions for the Bella and Sunbeam both warn that meats should be precooked, because they won't cook enought in the time needed to finish the crusts. I don't know about pecan pies, but it probably wouldn't hurt to precook the filling as well.

In the Breville, manufactuer recommends filling be precooked and hot. Definately the apple pie filling must be cooked, I will look up the pecan pie instructions when I get home from work.

H

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Pecan pies: filling does not need to be precooked. Will cook fully in 10 min (at least in the Breville).

Filling:
1/3 cup cane syrup or light corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 T melted butter
Pinch salt
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk together sugar, syrup, butter and salt until smooth. Blend in eggs & vanilla until smooth.

Scatter 1/2 cup chopped pecans between the 4 crusts, then add sugar mixture. Bake about 10 min.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I don't think it's compatible with Weight Watchers, though :bawl:
I'm wondering if the crescent roll dough in the tube might work. I'm on Weight Watchers, too, and at one meeting they had a recipe for a chicken pie tart that used the low fat version of crescent roll dough. You unroll the sheets of dough and use two triangles to make a square. Since the tube of dough would make 8 crescent rolls, it would make 4 squares and that would be right for the pie maker.

Anyway, the lowfat crust along with cooked chicken, chopped onion, lowfat cream cheese, and a little milk made a tart that equaled 9 Points Plus value on Weight Watchers. They were called Chicken Baseballs because you put a mound chicken on top of the square of dough and pulled the opposite corners together to make a little tart. It was delicious and might lend itself to the piemaker quite nicely.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I'm wondering if the crescent roll dough in the tube might work. I'm on Weight Watchers, too, and at one meeting they had a recipe for a chicken pie tart that used the low fat version of crescent roll dough. You unroll the sheets of dough and use two triangles to make a square. Since the tube of dough would make 8 crescent rolls, it would make 4 squares and that would be right for the pie maker.

Anyway, the lowfat crust along with cooked chicken, chopped onion, lowfat cream cheese, and a little milk made a tart that equaled 9 Points Plus value on Weight Watchers. They were called Chicken Baseballs because you put a mound chicken on top of the square of dough and pulled the opposite corners together to make a little tart. It was delicious and might lend itself to the piemaker quite nicely.

Scrambled Egg and Sausage Pie
1/8 Pillsbury Pie Crust...........100 cal
1 large egg............................70 cal
1/2 light bfast sausage...........20 cal
1 T 1% milk...........................5 cal
TOTAL.......................approx 200 cal

Weight Watchers Mini Pie Breakfast
1 scrambled egg & sausage mini pie.................200 cal
Fruit salad: 1 orange, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana.....150 cal
Black coffee
TOTAL............................................................350 cal

Just sayin', it can be done!

H

PS: Ok, so admittedly I did eat two of these for breakfast. But it was the weekend and I was hungry.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Scrambled Egg and Sausage Pie
1/8 Pillsbury Pie Crust...........100 cal
1 large egg............................70 cal
1/2 light bfast sausage...........20 cal
1 T 1% milk...........................5 cal
TOTAL.......................approx 200 cal

Weight Watchers Mini Pie Breakfast
1 scrambled egg & sausage mini pie.................200 cal
Fruit salad: 1 orange, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana.....150 cal
Black coffee
TOTAL............................................................350 cal

Just sayin', it can be done!

H

PS: Ok, so admittedly I did eat two of these for breakfast. But it was the weekend and I was hungry.
Actually your WW menu would work well on the new Points Plus plan. Calories aren't counted--foods have various point values. All the fruit is free, an egg is 2 pts., sausage is 3 pts., and whatever the crust is worth in points--maybe 2-3 pts. If someone gets 29 pts. per day, this breakfast would fit nicely into the plan with 7 or 8 pts. total.

persia

Reaction score
Any ARP privileges? Resale or Developer points?

Actually your WW menu would work well on the new Points Plus plan. Calories aren't counted--foods have various point values. All the fruit is free, an egg is 2 pts., sausage is 3 pts., and whatever the crust is worth in points--maybe 2-3 pts. If someone gets 29 pts. per day, this breakfast would fit nicely into the plan with 7 or 8 pts. total.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Breville, manufactuer recommends filling be precooked and hot. Definately the apple pie filling must be cooked, I will look up the pecan pie instructions when I get home from work.

H

Thank you. I tried both the apple pie filling and chicken pot pie last night. The homemade crust did get done and brown. I do need to cook the apple pie filling but the chicken pot pie was done inside. (I always precook the chicken in my regular pies, so did in this as well). I thought they were pretty good for a first attempt. Next time I will definately precook the apple pie filling. It wa okay, but the apples were slightly undone. Fortunately I normally slice my apples thin which helped. Thanks for the information. Pecan pie is next!! I also cut out some extra circles and put them in the refrigerator and freezer to see how this would work. That way we can always have fresh pie!!!

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pecan pies: filling does not need to be precooked. Will cook fully in 10 min (at least in the Breville).

Filling:
1/3 cup cane syrup or light corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 T melted butter
Pinch salt
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk together sugar, syrup, butter and salt until smooth. Blend in eggs & vanilla until smooth.

Scatter 1/2 cup chopped pecans between the 4 crusts, then add sugar mixture. Bake about 10 min.

Thank you. This recipe will be my next venture. Although I will have to add a few chocolate chips I think.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kohl's has become my new obsession for good deals: PGO15OFF (15%) & SAVEATKOHLS (30%) stack if your purchase amount it at least $100 for a total of over 40% off through tonight with a Kohl's cc.

Same here, I must have been the second to last...

Online codes :confused: :confused: :confused: where do you get them?

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hmmm....I could see doing a lot of tweaking, like less sausage or maybe turkey sausage, egg-beaters whites only, and so forth.
If the lower-fat crescent roll dough works it would be a help.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Hmmm....I could see doing a lot of tweaking, like less sausage or maybe turkey sausage, egg-beaters whites only, and so forth.
If the lower-fat crescent roll dough works it would be a help.

Those pies only have 20 cals worth of sausage. Half of a light breakfast sausage link per pie. Your best bet on carving out a few calories are in substituting a lower calorie crust.

You can make these using toast as a crust. I tried them with light whole wheat bread, they came out ok but not as good as the pie crust.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wrap the egg and sausage in a low cal tortilla.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Wrap the egg and sausage in a low cal tortilla.

You could do that, sure, but then it would be much less like a pie and rather more like a breakfast taco. Tasty, but not a pie.

sstug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online codes :confused: :confused: :confused: where do you get them?

I don't use a particular website, but if I receive the 15% or 20% in the mail I usually google something like "kohls 30% coupon code oct 2011" then start checking all the coupon code sites till I find the current one. I think I found it once on dealsea.com. I do this all the time before placing catalog orders to see if there are any free shipping or discount offers.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could do that, sure, but then it would be much less like a pie and rather more like a breakfast taco. Tasty, but not a pie.

True, but using bread as a "crust" makes it a breakfast sandwich, also not a pie. I figured since the topic was drifting toward low cal options, a tortilla was a much better choice than bread.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Breakfast pies with toast crust are still pies in my book

04eca760.jpg

However, as you can see they are kind of burnt. By the time we got the eggs to cook through, the toast was overly browned. These were the only bad pies we've made (still ate em though). We have since abandoned them toast crust idea, but it could possibly be revisited to save calories.

Sorry Jim maybe I just do not really understand what you are saying. Tortilla wrapped around filling = taco. Pie filling baked in toast crust = pie. Just a bad kind of pie in my hands.

H

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the tortillas could be cut and used as a crust, just like the toast, but I suspect it too would burn a bit, because just like the bread it is already baked.