TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Branson: Grand Regency and the Colonnade have shut down

Discussion in 'US - Central States Timesharing' started by dougp26364, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Erin Bates

Erin Bates Guest

Don't pay your MF's for 2 reasons:
    1) The Colonnade and another place called Grand Regency in Branson are going to be under new management so there's no point in paying old owners that hit legal trouble.
    2) While everything is getting finalized with the transition with the bank/management you can get out of your ownership with these 2 resorts without exit fees at this site (link removed). Not sure how long they'll be doing it, but they're wanting to fix the old reputation because you can pretty much go to any review site online and they have around 2.5 stars or less mainly from disgruntled owners. And I know it's not smoke and mirrors because they did it for our friends.

We don't have to do this because we dodged the bullet and hit "no deal" after the presentation, but our friends weren't so lucky.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Mtsmith

Mtsmith Guest

Thanks for the information. Will be contacting them to try to exit without fees. I’m ready to just be done with them. Hope for the best.

3. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

updating this, as the link provided above does not appear to be related to the resort in any way, and is instead just an upfront fee cancellation company charging more than 1800 dollars for their "services"

on top of that, the individual who called the number on the link above spoke with an "Erin bates"...no suprise this was nothing more than a shill posting.

for those who may have already gone to the link, please note that that page is designed to look like it is the official resort page, or somehow representing the resorts mentioned in this thread, but instead is merely a new website created by the cancellation company to lure unsuspecting owners at this resort!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. Mtsmith

Mtsmith Guest

Thanks for the heads up Brian. I contacted resort closing services. Upon further investigation it isn’t associated with timeshare like the “Erin Bates” post suggests. Another reason to be a TUG member!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    TUGBrian likes this.
  5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

big thanks go out to the St Louis BBB for contacting us directly and bringing it to our attention!

its nice to know some agencies out there still actively go the extra mile to protect consumers!

Mtsmith likes this.
  6. bjvacation

bjvacation Guest

We traded our Sunbay Beach Club in Hot Springs for the Colonnade years ago and have regretted it many times, but never more than this last year. We got a MF bill and have decided they have stolen enough of our money. We've paid on time every single time till now. We own in Orlando and Santa Fe and wish we still had our HS week! I want this man prosecuted to the max!

7. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

I never owned at the Sunbay in Hot Springs but liked eating at their restaurant. This was many years ago so don't take it as a recommendation but rather as something to check out.

George

8. dougp26364

dougp26364 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

FWIW, I’ve heard absolutely nothing since returning our MF bill with a letter explaining why we wouldn’t be trphrowing good money after bad. Of course these things take time to move thru the court systems so it’s possible we could receive something several months, or even years down the road. We had given our week away to friends who live not to far away from us. They haven’t been notified of anything nor have the pay received a MF bill. My assumption is that I paid a fee to transfer ownership and title but that money went directly into someone’s pocket rather than actually transfer the title.

9. dougp26364

After not hearing anything about the bankruptcy filing, I decided to do some more serious online digging to see what I could turn up. After a little online googling I came to the site for US courts (Pacer), found the case number, created an individual account and then looked the case up.

In summation this is what I found:
    1. It appears the chapter 11 bankruptcy was filed as a method to avoid Green lake Real Estate Fund LLC from foreclosing on the property, which was scheduled for June 20, 2017.
    2. The case was dismissed without prejudice 7/21/2017 for cause sighting bad faith:
    2a. Debtors failed to employ counsel
    2b. debtors contended Greenlake is an oversecured creditor but, income was inadequate to service even the interest on the debt. It went on to state the evidence is uncontradicted that the condition of the properties is deplorable, there is insignificant maintenance and the value of the properties is deteriorating (I'm paraphrasing some of this)
    2c. The filing was an unfair attempt to manipulate the bankruptcy court to stop a foreclosure sale.

There is a total of 6 pages so I'm hitting a few of the highlights.

It also mentions that perhaps $200,000-$300,000 had been received during 2017 from all sources related to the debtors, but such funds have been deposited in the name of Grewal, not the debtors, their management companies or their home owners associations.

So I'm assuming now the properties were foreclosed on but I'm unaware of who actually owns them at this time.

10. Miss Marty

Miss Marty TUG Member

Grand Regency at Thousand Hills
    Colonnade - Branson Missouri

Has anyone posted information or exterior photos
    on Facebook or Instagram of these two Branson
    Timeshares, now that they have been closed down
    (to let other t/s owners know what is going on) ?

11. Robin314

Robin314 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Collonade Branson
    Are there any updates on theCollonade foreclosure? I’m an owner and completely in the dark. I did not pay 2018 fees but don’t know what to expect now?

12. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

Rereading this thread reminded me that I didn't tell the whole story. What I neglected was the disposition of the lot in HSV. I sold it for $18,000. Thus quasi worthless TS Week > lot in HSV > $18,000. There were times I just lived right.

George

13. jlp879

jlp879 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

14. dougp26364

There is a BIG red flag in that they are only accepting cash or check payments.

15. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

wasnt this the same website was mentioned in a previous post by the BBB as a complete sham created to "look" like a legitimate site representing those resorts.

16. Beetlesmoothie

Beetlesmoothie Guest

Get out of the timeshare while you can. If you can. They plan on raising MFs.

Both properties were shut down because they were not safe and were running illegally. The company let people stay there without any concern for their personal safety or health. It won't be open anytime soon.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  17. BigRedOne

BigRedOne TUG Member

The timeshare business got overbuilt rather quickly in Branson. Expect more bankruptcies.

18. BigRedOne

BigRedOne TUG Member

Roark Resort, the original and oldest timeshare resort in Branson (sold out for many years) just got bought by Summer Winds. The original owner died several years ago and his kids took over and ran the resort into the ground. I’m afraid that Summer Winds is creating a scam that is going to leave Roark owners in the same condition. See my tread about Roark.