• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boycott Godiva Chocolates NOW

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
differences

The tort, as I recall, takes different forms in different states. Some require contractual relations to exist between the parties- others don't, but it has been some time since i reviewed those differences. In any case, calling for a boycott should not be a casual occurence.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The tort, as I recall, takes different forms in different states. Some require contractual relations to exist between the parties- others don't, but it has been some time since i reviewed those differences. In any case, calling for a boycott should not be a casual occurence.
In any and all cases any assertion of tortious interference is subordinate to First Amendment.

The Supreme Court has determined that screaming fire in a crowded theater is not a first amendment right, because of the clear and present danger associated with such utterances.

Calling for a boycott of a company because of dissatisfaction is so far removed from a case of crying fire in a crowded theater that the two concepts are only relevant to illustrate the differences.

There is a slightly higher standard of care required as regards liability when speech concerns a private individual as compared with a public entity or individual. However, a corporate entity such as Godiva. which presents itself to the public and manages its public image, is subject to the lesser standard as a public entity.

In any case, to even presume the postings of the OP are in any way fathomable as tortious interference is. IMHO, totally ludicrous.

The only way I can conceive of a court proscribing such activities would be if the OP conducted the campaign inside the store. Even then, that would be almost surely addressed as a case of trespass rather than tortious interference.

gpurtz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, but what if you yelled "fire" when you fell into chocolate?

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to see this goes on and on and on

Lets keep this thread going. Maybe there is a record we could break for the longest bb thread ever on the most inane topic ever.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
T. P.

Maybe there is a record we could break for the longest bb thread ever on the most inane topic ever.
All-time inane topic is clockwise toilet paper on the 1 hand & anti-clockwise toilet paper on the other hand.

That, plus ROFR.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

gpurtz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, the inanity of it all. Where's that toilet paper topic? I'd like to add my 2 cents while I'm on a roll. Oh well, time to go dive into a different subject! :wave:

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
All-time inane topic is clockwise toilet paper on the 1 hand & anti-clockwise toilet paper on the other hand.

That, plus ROFR.

Fascinating. Did the group come to a consensus? I hear that is a very big issue in Austrailia where the toilets flush counter clockwise. You must get matching toilet paper to avoid disorientation. In some severe cases tp disorientation has been mistaken for dementia resulting in the involuntary instiutionalization of perfectly healthy elderly by their greedy relatives seeking to drain their estate dry. My apologies for bringing up this somber subject.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets keep this thread going. Maybe there is a record we could break for the longest bb thread ever on the most inane topic ever.

or maybe we could think of someway to make turn this political :ignore:

geekette

Reaction score
Fascinating. Did the group come to a consensus? I hear that is a very big issue in Austrailia where the toilets flush counter clockwise. You must get matching toilet paper to avoid disorientation. In some severe cases tp disorientation has been mistaken for dementia resulting in the involuntary instiutionalization of perfectly healthy elderly by their greedy relatives seeking to drain their estate dry. My apologies for bringing up this somber subject.

Oh my! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

My brother's x-wife's family is Australian and on the wealthy side. They also enjoy their share of The Drinkie. Had no idea there was such a simple way to part them from their funds! Will pass that on immediately.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the TP dilemma was about 'Unroll over the top, vs. under the bottom'. Seems to me that cat owners favored under the bottom unrollers. We're 'over the top'ers around here.... Jim

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
6 Of 1, Half-Dozen Of The Other.

I thought the TP dilemma was about 'Unroll over the top, vs. under the bottom'.
You are correct, sir.

That's just another way of saying pretty much the same thing, depending on one's view of the situation.

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct, sir.

That's just another way of saying pretty much the same thing, depending on one's view of the situation.

Well, tie me Kangaroo down Sport! The real issue is "down under" versus "up over". Once again, Australia is "down under" thus requiring that tp rolls be used in that way. Just another way for selfish greedy Aussies to use the confusion to put their benevolent fuzzy old relatives away for good while draining their bank accounts!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Modern Technology.

I hope that no one is suggesting a boycott on toilet paper!
Specially not now that the Sears catalog has gone on-line only.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope that no one is suggesting a boycott on toilet paper! :eek: ;)
Maybe a moderator needs to add "toilet paper" to the original title of this post.

TP is a relatively recent invention in the world's history. Many people still do not use it. I am reading "The Places In Between" and recently finished "Three Cups of Tea." I had to google squat toilets to understand the concept and how to get by without toilet paper. Ewwwww

I am like Jim (Passepartout) in that I am also "over the top."

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the TP dilemma was about 'Unroll over the top, vs. under the bottom'. Seems to me that cat owners favored under the bottom unrollers. We're 'over the top'ers around here.... Jim

It's obviously "over the top" - but didn't Dear Abby try to deal with this several decades ago, and she finally gave up and said she wasn't going to talk about it again?

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's obviously "over the top" - but didn't Dear Abby try to deal with this several decades ago, and she finally gave up and said she wasn't going to talk about it again?
That came to my mind also. Maybe tp is like religion/politics/forbidden social issues and we shouldn't talk about it.;)

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

The list, as of 2/23/10 at 12:20 PM EST:

Picture of the day: 2339
American Idol 2009 882
Healthcare in Canada (locked) 348
Window washing $275/hour 250
Prostate problems 247
Words used incorrectly 235
New Year Weightloss 217

And….
Ta Da……

Godiva 216

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The list, as of 2/23/10 at 12:20 PM EST:

Picture of the day: 2339
American Idol 2009 882
Healthcare in Canada (locked) 348
Window washing $275/hour 250
Prostate problems 247
Words used incorrectly 235
New Year Weightloss 217

And….
Ta Da……

Godiva 216

I don't think we can be compared to "Picture of the Day" or "American Idol" because they always have fresh material for the threads. Healthcare In Canada and Prostate problems are not inherently inane threads. I think window washing, words used incorrectly, and new year weightloss are fair game. Just saying.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We're not discriminatory when it comes to TP. The holders that attach at either end are done roll-under and the holder that looks like a hook gets the roll-over treatment. That's how we've found we can keep the rolls from acting like they're automated and we've put in three dimes to get eight-thousand sheets at once.

YTPMMV.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
C'mon, we can beat window washing! :hysterical:

BTW - I just got another FREE ribbon at Godiva after lunch today. This time my wife and I chose blue and we only bought a couple of individual pieces. Plus, we walked into Godiva carrying our See's Candy bags. :whoopie:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Where are you that you have See's AND Godiva within shopping distance?!?! That's an embarrassment of riches - you should be ashamed to admit that your life is so much better than everybody else's. Braggart. HmmmmmmPH. :annoyed:

geekette

Reaction score
I hope that no one is suggesting a boycott on toilet paper! :eek: ;)

cheryl crow wasn't calling for a boycott, just a major reduction in how many squares to spare for back there.

If she can do the job with one square, well then goody for her.