• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought Wyndham Club Access Yesterday Without Understanding-Help Please?

Meatball

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I attended my very first timeshare presentation yesterday at Wyndham, Williamsburg, VA. I totally fell for the presentation without doing my usual research and due diligence. (I know,-STUPID!) Since I still have 6 more days to back out, I'm asking for assistance.
Note: I have spent around 7 hours searching through the TUG site looking for answers and although I have satisfied many questions, I still have more questions that I can't seem to find answers for. Additionally, many answers I found are over 10 years old so I'm not sure if the info provided is STILL true. Also, in reading this forum, I'm finding an awful lot of "rules" that make it appear as though the flexibility of the program isn't actually what was presented to me.

The Facts:
  • Club Wyndham Access which includes Plus, Perks and several other programs that I can't remember (and they conveniently didn't give me the paper that listed them all out)
  • $29,000 plus $1,150 Yearly Assessment Fees (This comes out to $145 per 1,000 points)
  • 200,000 Points
  • 300,000 Bonus Points (1X thing)
  • I am a virtual employee so I can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have an internet connection. So I often rent a cheap ($329/wk) condo through Armed Forces Vacation Club and work during the day and go explore after the work day. But I only take roughly 2 weeks of actual vacation time a year. I travel domestically and internationally in equal measures.
  • I am 41 years old, unmarried, no kids which means 1 bedroom units are fine and I (hopefully) have MANY years of vacationing ahead of me. And my plan is to use my points rather than sell/rent them.
1. Is this a good deal and worth keeping?
  • 3 salesmen literally had me surrounded in a small cubicle and kept insisting that this is an amazing rate and even showed me a chart from Wyndham showing that the $145 rate was last offered in 2005)
2. Are the additional programs, particularly the Plus Partners Network access, that you get from purchasing through the developer valuable enough that the above paid price is a good value?

3. Is it, in fact, difficult/impossible to get reservations at popular destinations during peak times? Although I have a lot of flexibility due to my job, sometimes I still like to experience popular places during popular times. For example, New Orleans during Mardis Gras! :) Or better yet, I've always wanted to go to NYC to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I'm wondering if I need to rescind and go for Resale CWA Points instead. If I do that, here are my questions:

A. Resale Points don't convey the Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), correct?
B. Resale Points don't convey access to the Plus Partners Network, including RCI, correct?
- Does this essentially mean that I would *only* have access to the 66 Club Wyndham Access properties and none of the WorldMark or RCI properties?​
C. Should I drop down to the 105,000 points package with the developer to keep access to all of the Wyndham Programs and then supplement with resale CWA points?
- If I do that, all combined points can be used with ARP and Plus Partners, correct?

I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback and recommendations. I'm really upset with myself for getting carried away by the beautiful picture they painted about all the possibilities and letting myself get so excited about it.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND IMMEDIATELY! The developer perks are *not* worth the price differential. Seven hours is not enough research. RESCIND FIRST, and then come back and read here from the experts (of which I am not one.)

Here's what I do know:
--The current listings for CWA points on Ebay. The most expensive is $2,500 for 500,000+ points. Think about all the cool things you could do with an extra $27,000.

--Resale points do convey ARP.
--You do get access to RCI
--Do not buy *any* points from the developer

MODs, could you move this to the Wyndham forum where it is more likely some of those experts will see his questions?

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind and continue to use your AFVC until you study and find a resale that fits your needs.

If the salesweasel's lips were moving, good chance s/he was lying. Resale points are EXACTLY the same as retail ones- except for (iirc) VIP status which isn't worth anywhere near what it would cost to acquire.

Follow the instructions near the signature page of the contract and save yourself some serious dough.

Jim

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I attended my very first timeshare presentation yesterday at Wyndham, Williamsburg, VA. I totally fell for the presentation without doing my usual research and due diligence. (I know,-STUPID!) Since I still have 6 more days to back out, I'm asking for assistance.
Note: I have spent around 7 hours searching through the TUG site looking for answers and although I have satisfied many questions, I still have more questions that I can't seem to find answers for. Additionally, many answers I found are over 10 years old so I'm not sure if the info provided is STILL true. Also, in reading this forum, I'm finding an awful lot of "rules" that make it appear as though the flexibility of the program isn't actually what was presented to me.

The Facts:
  • Club Wyndham Access which includes Plus, Perks and several other programs that I can't remember (and they conveniently didn't give me the paper that listed them all out)
  • $29,000 plus $1,150 Yearly Assessment Fees (This comes out to $145 per 1,000 points)
  • 200,000 Points
  • 300,000 Bonus Points (1X thing)
  • I am a virtual employee so I can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have an internet connection. So I often rent a cheap ($329/wk) condo through Armed Forces Vacation Club and work during the day and go explore after the work day. But I only take roughly 2 weeks of actual vacation time a year. I travel domestically and internationally in equal measures.
  • I am 41 years old, unmarried, no kids which means 1 bedroom units are fine and I (hopefully) have MANY years of vacationing ahead of me. And my plan is to use my points rather than sell/rent them.
1. Is this a good deal and worth keeping?
  • 3 salesmen literally had me surrounded in a small cubicle and kept insisting that this is an amazing rate and even showed me a chart from Wyndham showing that the $145 rate was last offered in 2005)
2. Are the additional programs, particularly the Plus Partners Network access, that you get from purchasing through the developer valuable enough that the above paid price is a good value?

3. Is it, in fact, difficult/impossible to get reservations at popular destinations during peak times? Although I have a lot of flexibility due to my job, sometimes I still like to experience popular places during popular times. For example, New Orleans during Mardis Gras! :) Or better yet, I've always wanted to go to NYC to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I'm wondering if I need to rescind and go for Resale CWA Points instead. If I do that, here are my questions:

A. Resale Points don't convey the Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), correct?
B. Resale Points don't convey access to the Plus Partners Network, including RCI, correct?
- Does this essentially mean that I would *only* have access to the 66 Club Wyndham Access properties and none of the WorldMark or RCI properties?​
C. Should I drop down to the 105,000 points package with the developer to keep access to all of the Wyndham Programs and then supplement with resale CWA points?
- If I do that, all combined points can be used with ARP and Plus Partners, correct?

I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback and recommendations. I'm really upset with myself for getting carried away by the beautiful picture they painted about all the possibilities and letting myself get so excited about it.
Rescind and read the threads on PICs. Developer purchase maybe right for you but just take a different route
Resales do get ARP and access to RCI
Educate yourself here first. Take your time no need to rush into anything. Then do what is right for YOU

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I don’t care if they are giving it to you for $10 per 1,000 points. If you have questions, back out now until you have all the answers you want. The rescission instructions are in the contract and the time you have varies by state so be sure to check now. Some states it’s as few as three days and that includes weekends.

Resale points give you everything retail does EXCEPT VIP status and Club Pass locations. You also do not get Plus partners that gives you the ability to convert points to car rentals and air fare. The trade is not worth it. It would be like paying $800 (in the form of maintenance fees for those points) to pay for airfare that only cost $200. The only time you buy from developer is if you want VIP. Many here will tell you VIP is a waste of money. Some will say it depends on how you will use it. Others say they have no regrets paying retail to get VIP. For a single person who has such flexibility, you’re better off sticking with the AFVC. You have no monthly commitment, and can choose not to vacation one year, and you won’t lose anything. If you decide you want to travel with friends and extended family on a regular basis who may not be able to afford places like those, then That might be different. But that doesn’t sound like the case for you. Also, I never recommend people get VIP by buying 400,000 or more points. I always tell them to utilize the PIC Plus Program. Get a dirt cheap three bedroom fixed week on eBay (has to be qualifying) buy 49,000 points and enroll that fixed week on PIC Plus. That three bedroom is worth 254,000 points. You do have to pay an $89 fee every time you want to exchange the week for points, but that’s only when you want it. That 49,000 package is around $10k. So you get more points for half the cost. You still have to pay MF on both the 49,000 points and the fixed weeks. Fixed week contracts normally have MF cheaper then points. Keep the MF under $800 a year and you’ll be cheaper in maintenance fees then the majority of points contracts.

Even better, buy resale or get one for free. TUB has a bargain bin forum where people are giving away contracts for free.

Meatball

Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone who has responded with your opinion and advice. I sincerely appreciate your quick response to help save me from making a big mistake. The consensus is clearly to rescind. I'll do that in person today after work and I'll also do it via certified mail. Any advice for doing so? Specifically, do you recommend that I write a letter and then have them sign a copy that I keep in order to prove their timely receipt? If so, do you recommend specific language that should be included in the letter?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
DO NOT GO BACK TO THE SALES CENTER, they will try to talk you out of rescinding. Follow the rescind process. Short note with all the details, signed by all those on the purchase agreement, mailed to the address noted in your contract. Make copies and be sure to get tracking.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much to everyone who has responded with your opinion and advice. I sincerely appreciate your quick response to help save me from making a big mistake. The consensus is clearly to rescind. I'll do that in person today after work and I'll also do it via certified mail. Any advice for doing so? Specifically, do you recommend that I write a letter and then have them sign a copy that I keep in order to prove their timely receipt? If so, do you recommend specific language that should be included in the letter?
Do not waste your time doing it in person.
Your rescission instructions should be above your signature on the contract. Usually even in bold print

Send certified letter no signature required. Track the letter and ounce it has been delivered print it off as your proof of mailing.
The postmark is the important day as that is the date you have officially rescinded.

Letter can be simple
I am rescinding contract number———-
Purchased at the Wyndham ————
On the date of —————

Sign. Date
Print name

Meatball

Reaction score
DO NOT GO BACK TO THE SALES CENTER, they will try to talk you out of rescinding. Follow the rescind process. Short note with all the details, signed by all those on the purchase agreement, mailed to the address noted in your contract. Make copies and be sure to get tracking.
GREAT point! I will avoid the sales center. However, they gave me an Amazon Fire that was NOT part of the "gifts" that they promised me. They loaded a bunch of Wyndham documents onto it for me to reference.
What do you recommend I do with that? (I was originally planning on returning it when I went back to cancel the contract so I don't get charged for it.)

Meatball

Reaction score
Do not waste your time doing it in person.
Your rescission instructions should be above your signature on the contract. Usually even in bold print

Send certified letter no signature required. Track the letter and ounce it has been delivered print it off as your proof of mailing.
The postmark is the important day as that is the date you have officially rescinded.

Letter can be simple
I am rescinding contract number———-
Purchased at the Wyndham ————
On the date of —————

Sign. Date
Print name
Thank you for the specific instructions. I will do exactly as you say. Do you recommend I then contact the company after a certain period to confirm that they cancelled it?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What do you recommend I do with that? (I was originally planning on returning it when I went back to cancel the contract so I don't get charged for it.)
I believe others who have done this would tell you to keep the Kindle, they've not been asking for them back. If, by chance, they come and ask you for it, give it to them then.

Meatball

Reaction score
I believe others who have done this would tell you to keep the Kindle, they've not been asking for them back. If, by chance, they come and ask you for it, give it to them then.
I'm glad you've heard of this situation before in order to provide advice. Again, thank you so much for helping.

Meatball

Reaction score
GREAT point! I will avoid the sales center. However, they gave me an Amazon Fire that was NOT part of the "gifts" that they promised me. They loaded a bunch of Wyndham documents onto it for me to reference.
As a side note, I'm really relieved to hear the recommendation to NOT go back to the sales office. One of the salesmen kept commenting on how attractive I am and told me that he'd like to bring me an "extra welcome gift" to my hotel room (also a Wyndham property but booked through AFVC). It was making me uncomfortable and I even made a comment in front of his boss that he's looking for an excuse to come to my room... the boss actually agreed that's what he was doing. I'm hoping the boss talked to him afterwards though to tell him not to approach me here. Anyway, I'm going to high tail it out of my room to go explore as soon as I clock out of work! I know this story has nothing to do with my questions but provides a little context about why I'm so uneasy about the whole thing. I know I should have walked out. Lesson learned.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd add the sentence, "Promotional Materials to be returned under separate cover." Then send it back by cheapest means. They might try to charge you $50 or so for the tablet. You can decide if it's worth that to you.

If you send your rescission letter by USPS Certified w/return receipt, you'll know that it's been delivered. No need to check on them. It's STATE LAW that they honor a timely rescission letter- not a courtesy. LAW! They have up to 45 days to refund your down payment. It will probably take much less, but depending in when it hits your billing cycle, it's possible and they are under no obligation to inform you on the progress of the rescission. We know it's stressful, but just be assured that it will happen. Wyndham won't dare play games with it. Some other TS outfits might, but not them.

Glad you found us in time. Now go mail your letter and resume your vacation and have a cold one.

Jim

Meatball

Reaction score
I like the way you think! And thanks for the reassurance! I get off work in 23 minutes and then I'm headed out to take care of this. Afterwards, I shall treat myself to some good grub, good beer and then a little shopping for good measure. :D

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're still in Williamsburg, we were just there last month and had our 15th Anniversary dinner at "Cochon on 2nd". It was wonderful! Or I can recommend "Food For Thought" on Richmond Road.

Meatball

Reaction score
If you're still in Williamsburg, we were just there last month and had our 15th Anniversary dinner at "Cochon on 2nd". It was wonderful! Or I can recommend "Food For Thought" on Richmond Road.
Awesome, thank you! I'm starving right now so I appreciate the recommendation.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be sure to let us know how this all ends. After you get your purchase refunded, join Tug and keep learning. A Wyndham timeshare ownership will get you some really nice vacations. You just need to become an owner on your terms.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you! I'm starving right now so I appreciate the recommendation.
Or if BBQ is your thing, Pierce's (Rochambeau road) is over the top, and will cost half of the other recomends.

Meatball

Reaction score
Be sure to let us know how this all ends. After you get your purchase refunded, join Tug and keep learning. A Wyndham timeshare ownership will get you some really nice vacations. You just need to become an owner on your terms.
I sure will! I look forward to learning all this. Right now I'm pretty overwhelmed. I'm so glad I found you guys and that you all took pity on me :) and guided me. This is exactly why I always refuse to go to timeshare presentations. I get so caught up sometimes, especially about travel, that I sometimes jump the gun.

Meatball

Reaction score
Or if BBQ is your thing, Pierce's (Rochambeau road) is over the top, and will cost half of the other recomends.
I suspect I'll be trying at least two of your recommendations! Though I want to go to Sal's before I leave too. I just love their food!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect I'll be trying at least two of your recommendations! Though I want to go to Sal's before I leave too. I just love their food!
We figure you can afford it. After all, we saved you $29,000 today. Enjoy!!

Jim

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the specific instructions. I will do exactly as you say. Do you recommend I then contact the company after a certain period to confirm that they cancelled it?
I can’t remember anyone that sent the certified letter and printed the tracking off ounce it was delivered having any trouble. The rescission of the contract will go through. This is one area that would be a big problem for Wyndham with government agencies if they start playing games with rescissions.
Some have asked for email confirmation but they usually don’t get in on the first request.