• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought timeshare on EBay & there are problems

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I asked but I didn’t get a definitive answer.
Call, email everyday. Start keeping proof. If you don’t get a definitive answer and proof of yes it is being transferred back to seller within the week start with a complaint to the better business bureau. If you feel comfortable tell us which seller and closing company. It might help one of us give you more insight to what type of seller you are dealing with.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Is Kauai Beach Villas one of the resorts you are familiar with?
Aloha Cheryl,
A glance at my list of resorts owned shows that I own at Kauai Beach Villas and Shearwater.
I attempted to find your transaction based on either Cheryl or Troy at https://boc.ehawaii.gov/docsearch/search.html but found nothing.
It appears that the resort is Kauai Beach Villas. On the off chance that you have been deeded an ocean front unit (given that you wanted a unit already enrolled in Wyndham, a KBV ocean front is the only non Wyndham outcome you might want to consider keeping), what is the ICN (interval control number) on the first page of the interval conveyance?
I no longer need any other information from your deed to answer any residual questions.
Jack

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is Kauai Beach Villas one of the resorts you are familiar with?

My guess is you were sold one of the Weeks at KBV that were converted to Points when Wyndham was the managment company. But if I recall things correctly, now that Wyndham is no longer the management company at KBV, sales of converted Weeks revert back to the underlying Weeks ownership. And that means it would fall to Grand Pacific Resorts, the current management company.

My other guess is if you contact Advanced Financial, the title arm of Grand Pacific Resorts, you'll find your deed has been transferred to your name through them, and you now own a Week at KBV.

Dave

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Dave,

I hope the following isn't too confusing in this newbie section. We only own unconverted traditional weeks. I am not an expert on either RCI Points or Wyndham points.

I am not sure of all the facts related to the OP's problem. One hunch I was trying to confirm or refute was that the ebay listing was for a traditional Pahio (now identified to be KBV) unit that the seller assumed was converted to Wyndham but was not and that the deed for the traditional ownership was processed and of course Wyndham would not know about it. That is a long winded way of aligning with your statement: "My other guess is if you contact Advanced Financial, the title arm of Grand Pacific Resorts, you'll find your deed has been transferred to your name through them, and you now own a Week at KBV."

Given that the OP wanted a Wyndham based resort (a fine idea if bought resale), she should pursue getting the situation corrected unless there is a reason to change her mind. As I previously stated, winding up with a free 2 bedroom KBV oceanfront might be a valid reason. If it is a lagoon view (statistically more likely), those are readily available for $1 so there is no reason to currently accept that if the desire was for Wyndham.

Long ago before Dave Walters (original developer) sold out to Wyndham, his sales crew were heavily promoting conversion to RCI Points rather than staying in traditional weeks exchangeable in RCI's traditional weeks program. Long ago, I was under the impression that the RCI Points feature did not transfer with a sale; however, I am not sure whether that is correct or not. Once Wyndham took over, I imagine they only promoted conversion to their own club Wyndham program which required purchase of at least one new Bali Hai unit and a fee for each traditional Pahio unit to join. Based on long time observation of ebay, I believe that Pahio units converted to Wyndham retain their Wyndham nature upon resale even if VIP benefits do not transfer. If your statement: "sales of converted Weeks revert back to the underlying Weeks ownership" is correct, it is news to me. If a tugger is sure they know, please speak up.
I believe KBV owners who bought into the Wyndham program can withdraw their KBV units from Club Wyndham but do not get any of their money back.

Grand Pacific is the current management company for KBV. Owners of traditional weeks may use Grand Pacific's internal exchange program without annual membership fee (but with a fee for an actual exchange). I am not sure what you meant by "And that means it would fall to Grand Pacific Resorts, the current management company."

Jack

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is you were sold one of the Weeks at KBV that were converted to Points when Wyndham was the managment company. But if I recall things correctly, now that Wyndham is no longer the management company at KBV, sales of converted Weeks revert back to the underlying Weeks ownership. And that means it would fall to Grand Pacific Resorts, the current management company.

My other guess is if you contact Advanced Financial, the title arm of Grand Pacific Resorts, you'll find your deed has been transferred to your name through them, and you now own a Week at KBV.

Dave
Your ownership doesn’t change because Wyndham no longer manages the resort.
If you own a converted week to Wyndham points. You still own a converted week to Wyndham points.
There’s two ways that changes
1. Is if an owner opts to take the week out of the Wyndham points program going back to a straight week ownership.
2. The owner falls behind on the MFs long enough Wyndham will remove the week from the points program.

That’s my guess the MFs are so far behind that Wyndham rejected the transfer of ownership and might of very well removed the week from the Wyndham points program

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your ownership doesn’t change because Wyndham no longer manages the resort.
If you own a converted week to Wyndham points. You still own a converted week to Wyndham points.
There’s two ways that changes
1. Is if an owner opts to take the week out of the Wyndham points program going back to a straight week ownership.
2. The owner falls behind on the MFs long enough Wyndham will remove the week from the points program.

That’s my guess the MFs are so far behind that Wyndham rejected the transfer of ownership and might of very well removed the week from the Wyndham points program
What if the owner tries to sell the week to someone else, does it then lose the Wyndham points?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if the owner tries to sell the week to someone else, does it then lose the Wyndham points?
It automatically stays in Wyndham points program as a resale. Ron Parise bought a bunch of Pahio resale converted weeks over the years.
An owner has to request the week be removed from the Wyndham points program.
Or Wyndham will knock it out of the points program if the MFs fall to far behind.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I appreciate the corrections. My memory of "the way it was" is obviously incorrect. I apologize. Disregard my post.

Dave

cab6012000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Aloha Cheryl,
A glance at my list of resorts owned shows that I own at Kauai Beach Villas and Shearwater.
I attempted to find your transaction based on either Cheryl or Troy at https://boc.ehawaii.gov/docsearch/search.html but found nothing.
It appears that the resort is Kauai Beach Villas. On the off chance that you have been deeded an ocean front unit (given that you wanted a unit already enrolled in Wyndham, a KBV ocean front is the only non Wyndham outcome you might want to consider keeping), what is the ICN (interval control number) on the first page of the interval conveyance?
I no longer need any other information from your deed to answer any residual questions.
Jack
ICN No. B9-23-EV and it is a lagoon view

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aloha Cheryl,
You've already figured out that it is not ocean front. It is an every even year unit. Even though we think highly of KBV and own several weeks, this is not what you wanted and I can think of no reason to recommend changing your mind. Pursue the advice others are giving you in holding the seller responsible to unwind this. Dave's suggestion of contacting the Grand Pacific affiliated company that processes ownership changes to inquire about status and ask to freeze if not already processed.
Advanced Financial Company 800-234-6222 customercare@advancedfinco.com
Good Luck & come back and visit us at TUG.
Jack

cab6012000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Aloha Cheryl,
You've already figured out that it is not ocean front. It is an every even year unit. Even though we think highly of KBV and own several weeks, this is not what you wanted and I can think of no reason to recommend changing your mind. Pursue the advice others are giving you in holding the seller responsible to unwind this. Dave's suggestion of contacting the Grand Pacific affiliated company that processes ownership changes to inquire about status and ask to freeze if not already processed.
Advanced Financial Company 800-234-6222 customercare@advancedfinco.com
Good Luck & come back and visit us at TUG.
Jack

Based on your post you were able to find a deed in my name. I have contacted Advanced Financial Company and I will follow all of the advice I’ve been given in the past two days. I will press the seller to correct this matter as quickly as possible. I thank all of you for your help.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Correction: I was not able to find a deed (neither good or bad news). That post #27 has a link. You can use it yourself. Perhaps the name on the deed does not match either Cheryl or Troy or perhaps it has not been loaded into the Hawaiian Bureau of Conveyances online searchable database yet.

cab6012000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Correction: I was not able to find a deed (neither good or bad news). That post #27 has a link. You can use it yourself. Perhaps the name on the deed does not match either Cheryl or Troy or perhaps it has not been loaded into the Hawaiian Bureau of Conveyances online searchable database yet.
Thank you for that correction!

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
@CherylTroy2144, I am considering purchasing (eventually after many more hours of pondering and research) on eBay if I don't find what I want/need here in bargain deals or in the tug marketplace. If your issue is not resolved during a "reasonable amount of time" (not sure what that is) then could you please let us know who the eBay seller is so that I can avoid? (Or you can PM me, please!)

cab6012000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Hawaii.gov, Bureau of Conveyances finally reported the transfer of the deed back to the original owners. I thank everyone for their help and I can now shop the marketplace.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
You mentioned that you "won the auction" so I'm assuming that it is ebay. With ebay you only have a short time - - perhaps eight weeks - - to give the seller his rating and perhaps also to file a claim. Perhaps you should file a claim while you still have time. It may incentivize the ebay seller to straighten things out.

cab6012000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
They finally got it straighten out and reversed the deed back to the original owners.