• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Marathon Explosions

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Suspect is being taken for medical treatment.

If his conditions allows it, he will be arraigned tomorrow.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore:

Boston is probably the only major city that if you f%*& with them, they will shut down the whole city...stop everything......and find you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
2 men and one woman that are affiliated with the suspect have been taken into custody.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 men and one woman that are affiliated with the suspect have been taken into custody.

Yep, down on the south coast, New Bedford. This is not too far from U Mass Dartmouth where suspect #2 attended.

I heard that he's being taken to Mt. Auburn Hospital. That is good as I don't think any bomb victims are there.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Completely and utterly exhausting just to watch all this, can't imagine the sustained strength and fortitude it took for the various police members to restrain themselves so their jobs could be done with the best possible outcome. They're remarkable.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching the celebration on the teevee, you guys oughtta win a World Series or two to get this cheering thing out of your systems. Seriously, Kudos to the police for finding these perps and getting half of them alive. There will be much more information to glean from this, but this will help a million or so of you sleep tonight.

Jim

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching the celebration o the teevee, you guys oughtta win a World Series or two to get this cheering thing out of your systems. Seriously, Kudos to the police for finding these perps and getting half of them alive. There will be much more information to glean from this, but this will help a million or so of you sleep tonight.

Jim

You are so right. This will help us to sleep as it's closure on some of it.
Sleep has been broken and fitful since Monday.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now they're talking Mass General Hospital. I don't agree with that, but I am sure they have their reasons.

Oh, Officer Donahoe is at the Mt. Auburn right now.

Interesting.............

Late edit: At Beth Israel in Boston (this is where I had my surgery).

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
After the news conference, it occurred to me that the boat owner who saw the blood on his boat cover, then pulled back the cover and saw the bloody perp showed either stupidity, or a bushel basket of cojones! Hope he gets a reward. I hadn't heard of one offered for tips leading to his capture. Was there one?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I saw something very late last night about a reward, maybe what's usually in place for any 'FBI's Most Wanted' investigations? Not sure, there's been such a blizzard of information (and mis-information) but something is vaguely rolling around my brain. Regardless, I agree - he deserves whatever public recognition he wants and any reward that's due.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Video ? What's that ? I still use my Dad's Bell & Howell 16 mm home movie camera. Doesn't everyone ?

We really need to bring you into the 21st century, or at the least, teach you how to text. ;)

Eileen is in Florida for the weekend for a friend's wedding. She just called and sounds better than I've heard her sound since Monday. Thank goodness. :)

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
He's gonna need a new boat anyway. This one will float like a sieve. :)

tropical1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really need to bring you into the 21st century, or at the least, teach you how to text. ;)

Eileen is in Florida for the weekend for a friend's wedding. She just called and sounds better than I've heard her sound since Monday. Thank goodness. :)

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling a little better. I have been wondering how she was doing.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the top of mind at this moment is extreme respect for all of the LEO's that were on the scene for their dedicated composure and restraint in bringing this TERRORIST in to custody alive for questioning. I'm not sure how many among us would have shown this kind of composure.

But, they did the right thing, as the goons could very well be a portion of a TERRORIST cell. Perhaps not, but we would never know if they took him out in that boat. And that would have been soooo easy to do.

Hats off to Boston LEO's!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tomorrow I will celebrate this victory with the purchase of a beautiful new handgun. Nothing like a brand new Ruger! ;)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tomorrow I will celebrate by stopping by my local police department to say a heartfelt 'thank you' and maybe bringing them a celebratory cake. I might even offer to register my pressure cooker with them. ;)

This latest one made me laugh right out loud:
417917_10200551217559632_1028898728_n.jpg

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should accidentally release him into general population in a Boston prison... "Whoops, he was torn limb from limb before he could make it to trial."

CarolF

TUG Member
Reaction score
After the news conference, it occurred to me that the boat owner who saw the blood on his boat cover, then pulled back the cover and saw the bloody perp showed either stupidity, or a bushel basket of cojones! Hope he gets a reward. I hadn't heard of one offered for tips leading to his capture. Was there one?

I thought the same.

All the news reports I read, said that the boy escaped after his brother was shot by the police, and that the householder with the boat found the boy, not the FBI or other agency staff.

I thought the locals would be celebrating the householders bravery and reprimanding the law enforcement agencies for letting him escape in the first place. :confused:

Last edited: