• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Borrowing Welk points

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
So my Welk friends, I've been told by resale buyers that resale points will remain in seperase accounts. This sounds like a problem, HOWEVER: I have been told by owner services that an owner can borrow/trade points with other owners.
The seemingly obvious thing to do would be to trade points between your own accounts to combine say 240k from one with 300k from another to get a large prime season unit in Tahoe or Cabo. Anyone ever do this or tried it?

Guitarmom

Reaction score
Interesting question. First, I find owners services to be highly reliable in what they tell you. So ord probably true. One the other hand, while we had three different contracts: one was a fixed week, one was a floating week, and the third was Platinum Points. So there was no possibility of combining anything. I'll be fascinated to hear if you can borrow and combine your own points!

The one wrinkle that comes to mind is that you may be limited to a 60-day booking window. When I wanted to borrow points from another year, the 60-day window applied.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
They're customer service has drastically improved in the last two years. And the booking windows seem to have expanded. I was able to be one click away from reserving a week at Northstar the week before Thanksgiving when I was just looking around. Ive only got the one account now and prolly won't get another for a couple years but definitely a strong possibility as my family grows

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aquamarine, Welk, Channel Islands
So my Welk friends, I've been told by resale buyers that resale points will remain in seperase accounts. This sounds like a problem, HOWEVER: I have been told by owner services that an owner can borrow/trade points with other owners.
The seemingly obvious thing to do would be to trade points between your own accounts to combine say 240k from one with 300k from another to get a large prime season unit in Tahoe or Cabo. Anyone ever do this or tried it?

I spoke with Owner Services about this same issue. During the transfer process if the resale points are put under the same owner number, and have different contract numbers, they tell me that you in fact CAN combine points you own to book a reservation that costs more than a single contract. BUT, they were not 100% sure and suggested I ask the transfer department. I asked the transfer department and was told that they believed that was true; you can use multiple contracts under a SAME owner account to book reservations. HOWEVER, she also told me she would double check. When I get it in writing I will share it with you.

It has never been a problem before, but as we all know, Welk reserves the right to make changes. I have heard some conflicting reports recently about this myself. Better to have it in writing.