• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek Fans: Minnie Van service

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
According to this article, it looks like WBC will be getting access to Disney's Minnie Van service. A nice option for folks who are a little leery of Uber or Lyft. I'm also trying to find out if they have the age restriction that Uber and Lyft do, if they have a restriction lower than 18, this would be awesome for us traveling with teens who want a little flexibility and freedom.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...heir-pricing-structure-and-expanding-service/

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems expensive

Uber XL from Bonnet Creek to the airport is half the price of a Minnie Van

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Right, I agree it is crazy expensive. But it's a decent option for folks who don't want to rent a car, have small kids who need car seats, or folks who aren't comfortable with uber and Lyft (none of which are us). We always rent a car, Orlando pretty much always has low prices on rentals available. But, on property it could come in handy for us if we want to split up, IF they allow unaccompanied teens. I know they can use other Disney transportation options, so I'm eager to find out on that.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Right, I agree it is crazy expensive. But it's a decent option for folks who don't want to rent a car, have small kids who need car seats, or folks who aren't comfortable with uber and Lyft (none of which are us). We always rent a car, Orlando pretty much always has low prices on rentals available. But, on property it could come in handy for us if we want to split up, IF they allow unaccompanied teens. I know they can use other Disney transportation options, so I'm eager to find out on that.

If you're staying at Bonnet Creek have your teens take the Disney bus to the Caribbean Beach resort and pick them up there if they want to stay later or leave for the parks earlier than you do. It is quite close, you can even see it from the resort if your unit is a few stories up. Just make sure they let you know which stop to pick them up at. I'm not sure but I think Martinique might be the first stop. You will have to show your driver's license to get in to pick them up. Just tell the guard you are picking someone up.

Last edited:

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
If you're staying at Bonnet Creek have your teens take the Disney bus to the Caribbean Beach resort and pick them up there if they want to stay later or leave for the parks earlier than you do. It is quite close you can even see it from the resort if your unit is a few stories up. Just make sure they let you know which stop to pick them up at. I'm not sure but I think Martinique might be the first stop. You will have to show your driver's license to get in to pick them up. Just tell the guard you are picking someone up.

Right, or we've picked them up from DHS a couple of times since that's just down the street. But I'd love to be sitting on my balcony at WBC with a glass of wine and just have them show up :) I do enough carting around in everyday life, a break from that would be real vacation, LOL.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to this article, it looks like WBC will be getting access to Disney's Minnie Van service. A nice option for folks who are a little leery of Uber or Lyft. I'm also trying to find out if they have the age restriction that Uber and Lyft do, if they have a restriction lower than 18, this would be awesome for us traveling with teens who want a little flexibility and freedom.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...heir-pricing-structure-and-expanding-service/

Why would anyone be leery of Uber or Lyft (say as compared to Minnie-Van)?

weleftmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main reason I would use the Minnie-Van service over Uber or Lyft is that to the MK the Minnie-Van service drops you off at the bus stops right at the gate not the Transportation Center where you get to hop on the ferry across the pond.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I think there are a lot of people that don't embrace the idea of riding in a personal vehicle and hear the small percentage of negatives in the news, just like there are people who don't do Craigslist transactions. The Minnie Vans are driven by Disney employees, which gives a lot of people a sense of security.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Minnie Van drivers are Disney employees, Uber drivers are not. and some people are deathly afraid of strangers

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Minnie Van drivers are Disney employees, Uber drivers are not. and some people are deathly afraid of strangers
So a Disney employee is not a stranger.

I understand what you are saying, but putting trust in someone because they work for Disney vs for themselves, is kinda ridiculous. You should be cautionary in dealing with anyone who you do not know.

On an aside, I wouldnt be surprised if Pedophiles are drawn to Disney jobs as there are lots of children around.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
aaaaand, womp womp. I got my answer from Disney - the Minnie Van service is the same age restriction as Lyft, which is 18. So a few more years until I don't have to be present or cart them around myself if we're at WBC. Not the end of the world, of course, just less flexibility for independence and varying desires for shutting down the parks at the end of the evening.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
So a Disney employee is not a stranger.

I understand what you are saying, but putting trust in someone because they work for Disney vs for themselves, is kinda ridiculous. You should be cautionary in dealing with anyone who you do not know.

On an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Pedophiles are drawn to Disney jobs as there are lots of children around.

I think it's likely that Disney employees go through a more thorough screening process than most employers would do.

I'm 67 and can count on one hand with fingers left over the number of times I've ridden in a taxi. My second time riding in a taxi I would have been about 24 and was by myself that time. I wasn't thrilled about being in a car with a strange man even if he was in the front and I was in the back because he was picking me up at a business that was closed and taking me to where I lived. That made me feel vulnerable and very uncomfortable. Two years ago I had my third taxi ride, again by myself, but it was a less than 2 mile ride from the airport, there were lots of people around on both ends of the drive and plenty of other cars on the road too. I wasn't uncomfortable that time. I've been the only person in the shuttles to and from the offsite airport parking and some of those trips have been late at night. I was asking myself how that is any different than getting in a taxi with a stranger. Maybe the difference is that I could choose to sit a couple of rows back from the driver in those airport shuttles if I wanted to.

I've ridden city buses and taken the Rapid Transit in different cities that I've lived in and traveled to and never think a thing of it. On them you might see some people you wouldn't want sitting next to or even near you. My husband is much more well traveled than I will likely ever be and takes taxis without a thought. However two years ago when I said we were using the San Antonio city bus system to get from the airport to our resort rather than pay the resorts daily rate to park a rental car that I wasn't even sure we would use enough to justify getting one, he was the one that was hesitant. Even when we were on the bus he asked if I was sure I wanted to do this. When I originally told him we were talking the bus I said if it was a hassle or we didn't like it we could always get an Uber or taxi to the airport when it was time to go home. It worked out great and when we stayed at the new Wyndham resort in Austin earlier this year we used the buses our entire stay that time too.

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that you are uncomfortable with Taxis, Ubers, and possibly strangers in general from your post. But does a Disney employed taxi driver make you comfortable vs an Uber driver?

I on the other hand was born in NYC and now live in NJ. I have been using public transportation all my life. I am on a bus for 2 hrs + every day. I also use taxis or ubers whenever I am in the city with my family or on vacation in a location where car rental or parking is astronomical.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I understand that you are uncomfortable with Taxis, Ubers, and possibly strangers in general from your post. But does a Disney employed taxi driver make you comfortable vs an Uber driver?

I on the other hand was born in NYC and now live in NJ. I have been using public transportation all my life. I am on a bus for 2 hrs + every day. I also use taxis or ubers whenever I am in the city with my family or on vacation in a location where car rental or parking is astronomical.

I've used public transportation a lot but not taxis. And like I pointed out you are likely to see some people you aren't particularly to at all comfortable with on buses, rapid transit or subways. I wonder if it is a female thing more than a male thing and/or it has to do with being raised by parents who taught you don't get into a car with a stranger. People who grew up in more urban areas or people who have taken taxis enough that they don't even think about it probably think people who are freaked out by taking taxis, Uber or Lyft are a little or even completely ridiculous. My conclusion was that there are several contributing factors to why some people might be leary. Getting in a car in close confines with a stranger, having that stranger take you to where you live, maybe when no one else is home, being in an area you don't know, the time of day/night, whether there are other people around, being in a more vulnerable age group, elderly or young.

When we got on the bus at the airport in San Antonio my husband whispered in my ear that Uber rides aren't that much money. I laughed at him because I wasn't at all hesitant about taking the bus and was surprised at him. Two different cities I've lived in I used the buses to get back and forth to work. A couple of years ago when I was at our son's I took the Rapid Transit to get to the airport rather than have one of them drop me off on their way to work hours earlier than I needed to be there. I knew that stop had an express route to the airport, I just had to figure out where to go at the depot to get it and even though I had to lug along my big checked bag and had his then 4 year old daughter with me I was fine. I had to text our son when I got to the airport to make him happy because he was concerned and would have preferred I took an Uber. I couldn't see the point of spending the money because the RTA is free for seniors at the time of day and kids that age are free too. It dawned on me that he didn't realize that there were times in my life that I used public transportation a lot.

Last edited:

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I wonder if it is a female thing more than a male thing...
That would be my thought. Being alone with an unknown male driver is what is uneasy for me. Taking either a cab or public transit is fine when I'm traveling with others.

Given this perspective, I personally am no more comfortable being alone with a male Disney-employed Minnie/Lyft driver than with any other. There are plenty of people who think certain employers can always screen out predatory people. That may seem true... until it's not... and everyone reports being shocked at what bad thing someone was capable of doing. 20/20 hindsight does not spare a predator's early victims. Sadly, years of being an ER nurse taught me this.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
That would be my thought. Being alone with an unknown male driver is what is uneasy for me. Taking either a cab or public transit is fine when I'm traveling with others.

Given this perspective, I personally am no more comfortable being alone with a male Disney-employed Minnie/Lyft driver than with any other. There are plenty of people who think certain employers can always screen out predatory people. That may seem true... until it's not... and everyone reports being shocked at what bad thing someone was capable of doing. 20/20 hindsight does not spare a predator's early victims. Sadly, years of being an ER nurse taught me this.
Ever hear of pepper spray or Mace? Buy some and feel safe

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
That may be a thought for some. Many years ago, I once sprayed a very aggressive man in a NYC subway stairwell with mace and was able to get away from him with minimal injury. But I was shaken. After that, I stopped taking the subway alone, preferring above ground bus travel when alone. However, I've also taken care of people in the ER who have been pepper-sprayed and suffered terrible effects myself from those limited exposures. No interest in carrying it now personally. But there's definitely a place for sprays in self-defense.

Back on topic... if someone wants to use any kind of taxi service while staying in the Disney area, like at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, I think it's great to have yet another option with the Minnie Mouse vans. I could especially see using the service if traveling to/from a celebration character meal with our grandchildren. How fun for the kids! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
That may be a thought for some. Many years ago, I once sprayed a very aggressive man in a NYC subway stairwell with mace and was able to get away from him with minimal injury. But I was shaken. After that, I stopped taking the subway alone, preferring above ground bus travel when alone. However, I've also taken care of people in the ER who have been pepper-sprayed and suffered terrible effects myself from those limited exposures. No interest in carrying it now personally. But there's definitely a place for sprays in self-defense.

Back on topic... if someone wants to use any kind of taxi service while staying in the Disney area, like at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, I think it's great to have yet another option with the Minnie Mouse vans. I could especially see using the service if traveling to/from a celebration character meal with our grandchildren. How fun for the kids! :thumbup:

You can probably answer this. I've never used pepper spray or mace but it seems to me if you tried to use it in the enclosed confines of a vehicle you would be exposing yourself to it. From what I understand being exposed to it is not fun even when you aren't the one being hit directly.

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Jan, using it in a closed space would be terrible! Just having someone in an exam room after being pepper sprayed caused others walking past in the hall to have burning eyes and throats. We wore masks, gowns, gloves to avoid contaminating ourselves and we still coughed and cried through decontamination care. Police officers hated it too, sometimes needing treatment even after limited exposure. Pain, redness and swelling of the face can persist for many hours in some people, if not treated. People can have severe allergic reactions, especially if it gets in the mouth and throat. It is considered a weapon of self-defense. One would not want to use any weapon that would ricochet back to you in an enclosed area. Yikes!