• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluewater Resort and Marina, Hilton Head

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Spending a week at Bluewater Resort and Marina in Hilton Head this week. On an II exchange that I have had for more than a year. This is the second stay here. The last one was 2 years ago. Again we used a 1 br SBP (Sheraton Broadway Plantation). This was an eplus retrade and the last time I could uptrade to a 3 br without an additional fee.

It is a Sun-Sun stay but due to obligations at home we could not leave until Monday afternoon. The ride is 610 miles and can be done in as little as 9 hrs but that won't happen unless I start after 8pm until about 3:30am. We left at 3:45pm and stopped for two quick bathroom breaks-one with gas and one 25 minute dinner break. It took 12 hours and we arrived at 3:30am Tuesday morning. It was a very difficult ride and I was thinking never again but once we get here and see the palm trees and the beautiful unit and the water, I think well maybe it wasn't so bad. This trip is just me, my 98 year old grandmother -99 in May and my 12 year old son. I had to take him out of 2 days of school because of additional days used to make up for weather closings. My 16 year old son couldn't afford to miss the days and my husband reluctantly agreed to stay home with him.

We did a pre arranged key pickup from the lock box. The keys would turn off by noon and I had to do a full check in by then. I checked in at 11am no mention of tours or parking pass desk was given that without comment. It was just a very friendly check in. I think the tour scheduler just wasn't working yet. Within an hour I had a pleasant phone call with a breakfast/lunch tour and a $150 incentive. A single no and that was that. I did receive another call today with an offer for $100 restaurant vouchers including the ones on the water within a 5 minute drive or a cashiers check for $100. I said no thank you again and she did counter that it was supposed to rain tomorrow and to call back if I changed my mind.

This resort is on Skull Creak on the north end of the island. It does remind me a little of Marriott Grand Vista if there were only 5 buildings and 2 pools. There is no restaurant or mini market on site. It isn't the most ideal location on the island but if you are willing to pay the toll road you can get almost anywhere on the island in less than 20 minutes. For us the lack of beach isn't that big of a deal as the pool and mini lazy river is all we need and lounge chairs by both the pool and on the pier are just as nice as dragging everyone down through the sand to the cold ocean. There are gas grills, two person swings, kayaks, shuffle board, ping pong, giant chess, bocce, and a fire pit, basket ball/tennis court, corn hole and daily activities.

All and all just a very nice resort and a very nice time in Hilton Head.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Sounds like a lovely place. One of these days, we'd like to explore Hilton Head. So many places...so little time. :) Enjoy making memories!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So glad you decided to go. Enjoy the drive home!

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you got to visit Hilton Head again! It is one of our favorite places to visit.
I am so glad that you grandmother gets to travel with you. That is so sweet!
My grandparents use to travel with our family when we were kids. Priceless!!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds liked a place for total R& R for all your family members.:thumbup:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Looking forward to my visit this summer for the week of July 4th! There is a fireworks display on the water that's viewable from the resort and from some unit balconies.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Waterside by Spinnaker and took the (so called breakfast tour). As always they promise of 90 minutes which turns into a 2 1/2 hour waste of time. Our person kept telling us how inferior Waterside is to Bluewater and made us feel like we were being deprived of so much because we own there (Waterside). After we told him how pleased we were at Waterside, especially the location, and we had no intention of leaving there, he treated us horribly. He got up and walked away leaving us sitting there for at least 5 minutes without any explanation of where he was going or if our tour was over ... or what???? When he returned he said he had to make a phone call to his daughter cause she was expecting a baby. But I wonder if he forgot that he did mention in the beginning of his long and boring conversation that his daughter was 6 months along and doing well. Why call her during the middle of a timeshare presentation? (Definitely a timeshare Weasel.)
Bluewater is a very nice property but I would prefer staying somewhere that I didn't have to drive miles to enjoy the Island. Just my 2 cents!!!

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Also own at waterside and took the update tour a few years ago. They were offering to apply purchase price of W to B. When salesman heard we bought W resale (even at a relatively high $$ in 2006 compared to Resale prices now), he said “you got a great deal and I assume you want to stay put with what you have.” we actually felt sorry for him. Last update tour for us.
I also much prefer W’s great location and quick shuttle or easy walk via back road to the beach.

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also own at waterside and took the update tour a few years ago. They were offering to apply purchase price of W to B. When salesman heard we bought W resale (even at a relatively high $$ in 2006 compared to Resale prices now), he said “you got a great deal and I assume you want to stay put with what you have.” we actually felt sorry for him. Last update tour for us.
I also much prefer W’s great location and quick shuttle or easy walk via back road to the beach.
My family loves Bluewater. I love being able to see the water and Bluewater's location is perfect. My grandkids love the amenities at Bluewater including the lazy river and large dock for fishing.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does Bluewater still charge $15 a day for their amenities?
Yes when you exchange into it. They do not charge it to owners using their own weeks. I hate resort fees like that.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
They also don't charge the fee if you're renting from an owner... at least they haven't in the past. I haven't heard that the policy has changed.