• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Club LaPension Offer

Sonny65

TUG Member
Reaction score
The La Pension Owner's association included an offer letter with the 2018 maintenance fee bill to deed customer's timeshare to them at no cost. They will pay any fees associated with the offer. The offer is bring handled by RTA Services. Is anyone aware of this "Offer to Eliminate Your Timeshare Obligations" and what may have precipitated the offer? It seems legitimate in that the offer letter was authored by the La Pension Owner's Association. Any information relative to the offer would be much appreciated. The maintenance bill was received the day after Christmas with a 12/31 deadline. Not much time to ponder.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Is your ownership a fixed week that predates the Blue Green points program ?

If so I am guessing it would be similar to Wyndham taking back a fixed week in Ovation . Wyndham gets the inventory for free and resells
via their CWA points program . (FYI- Wyndham also takes back fully paid for points ownerships via Ovation )

If an owner want out, and has no use for the week , it could be useful .

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Bluegreen is planning an expanded presence in New Orleans. There are about 2,496 weekly intervals at your resort, while the Bluegreen Vacation Club owns only 413 of them. Earlier this year Bluegreen acquired the rights to sell intervals at The Marquee a few blocks away from La Pension. They are also planning a new sales office at the Marquee.

Bluegreen might be planning to funnel people into these two locations with their Choice Hotels relationship, and then feeding those people to the sales center.

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
If I owned La Pension, fixed or points, I wouldn't do it if I had a good week/s assignment. Given that, I think you could at least get something for it through re-sale. If you just need and want to be out from under it by 12/31, I guess it's the deal for you. Unless someone makes you an offer quickly.

Sonny65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your ownership a fixed week that predates the Blue Green points program ?

If so I am guessing it would be similar to Wyndham taking back a fixed week in Ovation . Wyndham gets the inventory for free and resells
via their CWA points program . (FYI- Wyndham also takes back fully paid for points ownerships via Ovation )

If an owner want out, and has no use for the week , it could be useful .

Thanks, mine is a floating week that pre-dates the points system (2004, a year before Katrina, which cost extra $$ in maintenance fees to help repair damages the year after). Not sure how floating vs fixed weeks may be affected by the offer, but there was no mention of type of week in the offer. I called to get more information, but was told someone would have to call me back, probably within 10 days. Maintenance fees are due by Tuesday.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks, mine is a floating week that pre-dates the points system ....... Not sure how floating vs fixed weeks may be affected by the offer, but there was no mention of type of week in the offer. .

I think Bluegreen is planning an expanded presence in New Orleans. There are about 2,496 weekly intervals at your resort, while the Bluegreen Vacation Club owns only 413 of them. Earlier this year Bluegreen acquired the rights to sell intervals atThe Marquee ...... also planning a new sales office .

My post was a guess, based on other TS systems .

nuwermj filled in the key detail - Bluegreen owns some of the weekly intervals but not all . They want more so they can grow in New Orleans .
Deed backs give them low cost inventory . It also gives an owner a no cost simple way out of future MF obligations .