• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Blue Thead

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend at church told me she no longer has deeds since she signed something at the last owner update . That was another tactic years back that if I didn't sign this I could no longer use my condos .I wouldn't sign it. I had to at least buy a discovery package .
Multiple personalities at play here ?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Nomad34 has to just refuse all updates and/or have his/her family declare him/her not competent to make any financial decisions.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Ma'am, it's not that we don't want you to post but the truth is that on some topics, especially Voyager/the new website, your perception of the situation doesn't always match up with the way the system is actually working. And that can make it confusing for people who are simply looking for information.

Now, it's true that the new website has been the bane of many owners' existence since it was rolled out, and some owners have had to follow up a ridiculous amount of times with Wyndham just to get reliable access to their account and have their information displayed properly. It sounds to me like you may be facing some similar technical issues. But while the issues with the new website are a nuisance, it's also not a sea change. And there is no opting in or out; it's simply the system we have now.
I still can't register for Voyager but had to register again for new ID and password for online reservations with my club Wyndham

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad34 has to just refuse all updates and/or have his/her family declare him/her not competent to make any financial decisions.
No, my daughter witnessed their tactics and we are never going and I believe I will be barred.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nomad34 does not comprehend posts and is unable to respond appropriately.
Several here have tried to help Nomad 34 to no avail.
Nomad34 only brings confusion to owners looking for answers.
Case in point just look at Nomad34 initial response in Thread—Help with possible purchase
It’s time for the moderators to step in and take appropriate action.

Last edited:

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I certainly understand the desire to have inaccurate info corrected for the sake of those coming to TUG seeking valid information and assistance... but the mean-spirited bullying comments are really disheartening and need to stop.

I don't know Nomad, but I am with PaxSarah... it is NOT Robert... just an elderly person who, it appears, is going thru a tough time with Wyndham and may be a bit confused. Elderly folks are exploited way too often, which may be a contributing factor in this case.

Can we comment and/or offer assistance without being mean?

Last edited:

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Nomad, when you registered for the myclubwyndham website with a new name and password, you most likely registered for Voyager. Voyager is the only website that is making reservations. So if you made a reservation online with your "new registration" you are using Voyager. It is NOT labeled Voyager anywhere on the website and maybe that is why you are confused or are confusing people. The word Voyager does not really mean what you think it means. (I think....)

Also, when Nomad uses the word TRUST, I think that she is referring to a family trust. And this is confusing to some people on the TUG board because CWA/Access is also referred to as a trust (it is more like a vacation club/trust without deeds).

I might be wrong about this. But it is very confusing to people who are new when Nomad uses these words in ways that are not normal usage in the Wyndham system. And Nomad, THIS is why some people don't want you to post advice. Or it is why they are frustrated with trying to make sense of your posts.

I don't think that Nomad is Robert. Their writing styles are very different.

So Nomad, with much kindness, PLEASE be careful when using the words trust and Voyager (and a few others). Please make sure that you rescinded that last contract and PLEASE don't go to anymore updates. You have given many examples of how the salesmen lie and try to pull one over on elderly owners. This IS an issue. Please, please don't be a victim of this again. The confusion isn't good for you and it is hard for those of us on the TUG board to sort it out.

Just enjoy your ownership and let the family members in your family trust deal with it on their own after you have passed on. You really don't need to pre-plan for them.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I certainly understand the desire to have inaccuract info corrected for the sake of those coming to TUG seeking valid information and assistance... but the mean-spirited bullying comments are really disheartening and need to stop.

I don't know Nomad, but I am with PaxSarah... it is NOT Robert... just an elderly person who, it appears, is going thru a tough time with Wyndham and may be a bit confused. Elderly folks are exploited way too often, which may be a contributing factor in this case.

Yes, if you will stop making fun of me. I know religion is prohibited on TUG but I will only say, people made fun of Noah building a boat but he was the only one saved from drowning .the Ark Encounter in Kentucky was built 4 years ago with no debt as a reminder of the flood but the end time will be by fire so wake up.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly understand the desire to have inaccuract info corrected for the sake of those coming to TUG seeking valid information and assistance... but the mean-spirited bullying comments are really disheartening and need to stop.

Why do you keep making fun of Nomad34? Would you please stop

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad, when you registered for the myclubwyndham website with a new name and password, you most likely registered for Voyager. Voyager is the only website that is making reservations. So if you made a reservation online with your "new registration" you are using Voyager. It is NOT labeled Voyager anywhere on the website and maybe that is why you are confused or are confusing people. The word Voyager does not really mean what you think it means. (I think....)
No problem I can't get into my Wyndham Rewards Card either without a verification or by phone with identification. Thanks to Facebook .
Also, when Nomad uses the word TRUST, I think that she is referring to a family trust. And this is confusing to some people on the TUG board because CWA/Access is also referred to as a trust (it is more like a vacation club/trust without deeds).

I might be wrong about this. But it is very confusing to people who are new when Nomad uses these words in ways that are not normal usage in the Wyndham system. And Nomad, THIS is why some people don't want you to post advice. Or it is why they are frustrated with trying to make sense of your posts.

I don't think that Nomad is Robert. Their writing styles are very different.

So Nomad, with much kindness, PLEASE be careful when using the words trust and Voyager (and a few others). Please make sure that you rescinded that last contract and PLEASE don't go to anymore updates. You have given many examples of how the salesmen lie and try to pull one over on elderly owners. This IS an issue. Please, please don't be a victim of this again. The confusion isn't good for you and it is hard for those of us on the TUG board to sort it out.

Just enjoy your ownership and let the family members in your family trust deal with it on their own after you have passed on. You really don't need to pre-plan for them.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg for going to Congress today to work out the problem he has because of Facebook. I am now blocked on the internet from my power company, Wyndham reservations, Wyndham Rewards Card and probably the infinite energy account for gas bill. I have to get a message on email, text or phone to verify my identification. Draining the swamp!!!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is completely normal!
No it is not normal when everything has been automatically entered on my tablet .My Facebook automatically put in words for me too . When I typed "draining" is changed it to designing

If I don't reread my post it doesn't make sense just as you tell me I don't make sense .maybe you need someone to do that for your posts

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
automatically put in words for me too

This is also completely normal. It is called auto fill or auto correct. In my experience, like yours, autocorrect usually isn't correct and can be a pain in the butt.

Many websites require you to confirm it is you before they allow you access. They send you a code through email or text and you enter it to confirm it is you. They usually do this when you are accessing their sites from a different computer or location. They do this to protect us from hackers.

These are things we all experience. Mark Zuckerberg going to Congress has not one single thing to do with any of them!

Keeping up with the times can be challenging. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time; many of us have been very patient in trying to explain things to you.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is also completely normal. It is called auto fill or auto correct. In my experience, like yours, autocorrect usually isn't correct and can be a pain in the butt.

Many websites require you to confirm it is you before they allow you access. They send you a code through email or text and you enter it to confirm it is you. They usually do this when you are accessing their sites from a different computer or location. They do this to protect us from hackers.

You are correct I can view and book on line as that was available to me and agreed with my entries but things are changing.

These are things we all experience. Mark Zuckerberg going to Congress has not one single thing to do with any of them!

Keeping up with the times can be challenging. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time; many of us have been very patient in trying to explain things to you.
Thank you Jan you understand my situation along with brain-dead but my auto on my tablet never questioned me about any auto until today after they needed boundaries for this problem and this was the solution.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thank you Jan you understand my situation along with brain-dead but my auto on my tablet never questioned me about any auto until today after they needed boundaries for this problem and this was the solution.

There should be a setting on your tablet that will allow you to turn off autocorrect. I keep meaning to turn it off on my phone as that is where it causes me the most headaches and a very embarrassing moment with my son. It changed a word in a text to him and that one word gave the whole sentence a very inappropriate meaning. I didn't catch it and our son texted me back, MOM! We both laughed about it but I'm much more careful about rereading my texts before I send them.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I worked for the finance department of Hillsborough District schools until my retirement in 1989 with over 20 years spanning University of Florida, registrar 1956-59 and Broward county Payroll for teachers 1969-73, bookkeeper at Rogers middle school 1974-75, Nova High bookkeeper until 1979. Then I worked as a houseparent for the Alabama Children's Home 1989-94 and Wiregrass Children's home In Dothsn until the death of my husband and son in 1997 and then started using my inheritance monies and insurance to purchase Fairfield ,( trust with fair share vacation resorts)

I received my PHT DEGREE from the University of Florida ( Putting Hubby Through his Electronic degree with honors) who suffered mental illness from 1962 to death 1997 with cancer and my son's death as a trucker for AAA Cooper trucking two weeks later

Last edited:

jphilcici

TUG Member
Reaction score
Original thread question that I haven't been able to het an answer to: Can I put my unused Wyndham points into the Wyndham Rewards program at the end of my use year?

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Original thread question that I haven't been able to het an answer to: Can I put my unused Wyndham points into the Wyndham Rewards program at the end of my use year?
The answer to that question may be "it depends on which company you are tied to" if it is the hotel group the answer could be "yes or no" and since no one knows you won't either.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There should be a setting on your tablet that will allow you to turn off autocorrect. I keep meaning to turn it off on my phone as that is where it causes me the most headaches and a very embarrassing moment with my son. It changed a word in a text to him and that one word gave the whole sentence a very inappropriate meaning. I didn't catch it and our son texted me back, MOM! We both laughed about it but I'm much more careful about rereading my texts before I send them.
I saw a warning three years ago if you turned on the flashlight to your iPhone it would give all if your financial information around the world. The first lesson by Verizon was turn on the flashlight. I soon was getting messages from Russia Italy and other unknown places wanting to meet me. I wanted to get rid of the phone so Verizon let me out of my contract for $600. How crazy that was as I still have an iPhone bug don't open the flashlight. I recently was spoofed and finally had to change my number. Now the iPhone cell providers are seeking a solution to that problem. Yesterday a congressman said on Fox (which no one is to watch) that in this day of digital technology he believed Zuckerberg could help with a solution .In my years of working with finance in Tampa schools I was told to not complain without offering a solution. My advice to Voyager users is the same. My latest offer at Sam's club was digital TV .I listened and he asked me what cable company do I use, I told him Roku and Amazon fire stick. Then he asked who is your internet provider and I said At&t his next question was who provides NY cell phone service, I told him Sprint, he then asked me diif I want to upgrade my service and I said no thank .He then said let me congratulate you for your choices.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert

The answer to that question may be "it depends on which company you are tied to" if it is the hotel group the answer could be "yes or no" and since no one knows you won't either.

The answer is spelled out on the Wyndham owner website at this link.

The relevant text appears to be as follows: "Only future Use Year points may be converted and must be done so before the Use Year begins."

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I confirmed that tshwa2 post is accurate information.
10 timeshare points gets you 4 rewards points. The $99.00 fee is also accurate.

Paxsarah info is correct that you have to redeem before your use year begins.

Only new information I found out
You can only redeem timeshare points for rewards points every other year.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is converting to hotel points something that both retail and resale can do or is it limited to retail points only or at least accounts that have some retail (VIP eligible points) in them?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Is converting to hotel points something that both retail and resale can do or is it limited to retail points only or at least accounts that have some retail (VIP eligible points) in them?

I think there must be at least some retail: "Qualified points must be CLUB WYNDHAM Plus points associated with ownership interests purchased directly through Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. or its affiliates."

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Except for the rather high conversion cost, that puts the program on par with most of the hotel branded timeshares- retail purchase, before the use year starts, crappy exchange rate.