TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Bill from Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Alohamary, Aug 9, 2018 at 10:27 AM.

1. Alohamary

Alohamary Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Hilton Hawaiian Village Kalia
    We just purchased a second time share at Kalia with Seth Nock group handling. It passed and we closed in July. Today I got a bill from the Hilton for $599 for Club Inventory Activation Fee. Is this legit? In closing docs we had to pay Hilton a transfer fee of $462. Seems like they are double dipping. Thanks.

2. JIMinNC

JIMinNC TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, Hawaii
    Marriott's Barony Beach Club, Hilton Head
    Marriott Destination Club Trust Points
    HGVC at Sea World
    It's legit. The transfer fee is paid as part of closing, but the activation fee is billed direct from HGVC. Two different fees. That's the same way it worked for us back earlier this year. But since we were new to HGVC, they invoiced us for both the Inventory Activation Fee and our 2018 Club Dues.

Alohamary likes this.
  3. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

It is double dipping by HGVC, but you have to pay it.

TheCryptkeeper and Alohamary like this.
  4. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    I clicked in to find out who Bill was. Oh, well.

jehb2, Alohamary and OMC like this.
  5. brp

brp TUG Member

Small additional price to pay for buying resale :)

Cheers.

TheCryptkeeper and Alohamary like this.
  6. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

Exactly. It's too bad the OP wasn't aware of the fee previously so they could budget.

That said, the fees are HGVC way of extracting their pound of flesh from the resale market. I prefer that greatly to the starwood/Vistana way where the transfer fee is nominal but many resorts lose access to the points system.

7. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Typically that info should've been disclosed by the realtor (IMO) in the estimation of closing costs document.
    Every resale purchase I've done (3 through Diane Nadeau and 1 through Judi) have listed the activation fee in addition to the other items.

8. Tamaradarann

Tamaradarann TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I hate when organizations dictate what you HAVE to do to get what you want. I rarely have ever been in a position dictate. I always needed a job. I always bought what I needed rarely what I WANTED.

It gave me great pleasure when the HGVC timeshare salespeople offered to upgrade my resale properties to developer owned properties to get Elite Premier Status and I told them that I would do it paying 30K but the maintenance must come down at least $1000 a year. They wouldn't budge on their numbers and I wouldn't either so they didn't get the sale. Then I said I would pay their price but I wanted 100,000 HGVC bonus points. They would only give me 19,000 so I walked away.