TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

bHC vs HGVC

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by 4Sunsets, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    It’s regular HGVC. They announced that awhile back. Here is the link to the club page for the resort: https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com/en/resort/illinois-chicago

Now everything makes sense. I was wondering if they were going to start putting owners lounges in regular HGVC resorts. Although an owners lounge in the Flamingo would be pretty great, I’m not sure how they would make it work.

2. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    Does anyone know is W57 will waive the cleaning fee if I booked into 2 nights via HGVC points and then am staying a full week using an SFX change. Same room category for all nights.

Any speculation?

3. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Call the hotel and ask. Worst they could say is No.

4. Nomad420

Nomad420 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC New York Mid Town
    Yes, perhaps HCNY is better, Residences by HC I have always just called or referred to as the Residences but I guess now there is a Residence Club of Chicago so probably will need to clarify that now.
    I get your point about the confusion issue or lack there of. My brother uses his property at 57th about 75% of the time and often goes his home week so for him he could care less what various rules come and go, they rarely (or never) effect what he does. The few times he books elsewhere he makes a few calls and looks it up on line. To him the restrictions are what they are, he basically could care less what Hilton wants to call the place. He was/is a bit frustrated about not being able to book at "HCNY' as I have property there and it would occasionally be nice to be at the same place so basically I book over at 57th street when we want to hang out at the same location. Again, going back several years now neither one of us understood or where told about this or I probably wouldn't have bought there but that's an old story. I have said this before, I would like to have bought property at the Elara in Vegas as my wife likes it there but won't consider that now with the inability to use those points at HCNY. It is what it is at this point.

5. terces

terces TUG Member

Where would the sweet spot be for buying bhc on the resale market, both for the purchase price on the resale market and the MF's? I realize these change and occasionally there can be an incredible deal slip through, but in general terms what would be the best bhc to start doing some research around? There is no one resort that we would consider a favorite. Any bhc points purchased would be strictly for the advantage of booking earlier than what our regular HGVC points will allow. Does anyone have a general idea of the range of purchase prices and also the MF's at the sweet spot bhc resort? We would be looking for a minimum 7000 point platinum.

6. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    Ok, can someone explain to me about Residence Clubs? Are they names of certain bHC properties, certain types of bHC properties or clubs/lounges within resorts. Since people keep calling Chicago a Residence Club and it’s regular HGVC, I’m not sure I’m completely understanding the system.

7. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

I would find a contract at the location which you are most likely to visit often. That way you get a longer booking window since you are an owner.

bHC points are normally more expensive than other locations. Maybe the new bHC at HI will be cheaper since HI is crowded with timeshare as it is. However it will most likely take a few years before those become available. Also the MF at HI is normally higher than most places.

If I had to buy now I would look at West 57th but I’m biased as I already owns there :)

8. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

The only residence club there is are the one in NYC. This at least goes by name.
    IMO the district and Chicago locations are not “a residence club”

They are both bHC.

Don’t expect reciprocal lounge access if owning one and visiting another.

JohnPaul and CalGalTraveler like this.
  9. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    That’s what I thought. I’m not a bHC owner, nor do I really care to be at this point in my life, but I with all of the talk on this thread, I wasn’t sure. At least on the HGVC member website, Chicago is listed as regular HGVC.

10. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Chicago is a regular HGVC property and not bHC. Maybe at first their intentions was different but the location ended up being regular HGVC.

11. Smclaugh99

Smclaugh99 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Hilton Club
    Having owned at West 57th for many years (before exchanging into Hilton Club), I will always have a fondness for that property, esp it’s prime location. However, I am very happy with owning at HCNY because it’s the only property in NYC with the 2 bedroom option. It is a tad dated compared to W57 and Residence Club, but they are updating all the rooms this year. The lounge experience is roughly the same in terms of breakfast and evening reception and with many fewer owners to compete for booking, getting in has not been a problem. But once you go 2BR, it’s hard to go back to studio or even 1BR with pullout couch. Just my two cents.

Sean

12. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

There are ways to combine and stretch points within bHC property once you are an owner so 7k may not be needed unless you plan to stay more than 2x per year. Best to use bHC points within that system and augment with less expensive Vegas points for use elsewhere in HGVC.

W57 studios 3750 and 5250 have the lowest MF in Manhattan (approx. $1500) with lowest buy-in at $10 - 18k plus closing costs.

Check out points charts for sweet spots because MF is same per unit size across seasons.

HCNY buy-in about same but MF higher and there are limitations to combining points and extra fees as other posters have pointed out. If you plan to stay less than 4 days consistently, Residences and HCNY have no housekeeping fees but you pay for it with higher MF. Need to run numbers as to what is most effective in your situation.

Points are points within a bHC property and you can usually get what u need 5 months out including event weeks because of resort res. windows. As previous poster pointed out, if you need a 2 bdrm consistently, or want last minute NYC availability, HCNY is only game in town. Quin may also have 2 bdrm but point values and buy in will be high.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  13. ccwu

ccwu TUG Member

The reciprocal owner’s lounge access is only for NYC Residence club, District Residence club and any future Residence club that owner currently has 75-60 days Priority access for reservations too. It is on the website users guide.

14. escanoe

escanoe TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at the Flamingo, Los Vegas
    Woodstone (Luxury, RCI Points) at Massanutten Resort
    I did not know there was a District Residence Club. Is that the same thing as the District by Hilton Club? I think it was an earlier discussion in this thread, but there is only one "residence club" I'm aware of. Is such reciprocity just among an arbitrary group of the bHC's?

15. ccwu

ccwu TUG Member

The DC has a reciprocal arrangement with NYC Residence club. Even the name is not. We were told it is part of Residence club. It is in the HGV website club rules (page 6)

When I was at NYC Residence club, I met quite a few District owners. I never go to District in George Town (we prefer DC downtown Hilton brand hotel.). So never use their lounge.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019