• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BG Suite at Hershey & Hershey Park Pass info

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All - we have a summer trip planned at this resort. For anyone else - there is a season pass special that ends in a few days. Thought I would share

All year season pass is $156 (on sale until end of the month)
All year pass with dining option (max use 2 per day - entrée & side) $261
Early Season pass (may and june) $115
Hershey Discovery (unlimited to Hersheypark, Museum and Gardens $186 (price for museum and gardens is $20 on my own)
Per day tickets are $69

While we are there they have a passmember appreciation weekend. I have not been able to find info on what benefits will be available that weekend if we have the passes. Does anyone know what passmembers receive on these weekends??

If you are in the area for a week, I assume a season pass may make sense against the per day pass, especially if May/June.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Hi- is BG Suite a timeshare? Just curious. We used to travel to the Lancaster area every year when my kids were younger to go to Dutch Wonderland and once to Hershey. We always stayed at the Eden Resort (a Best Western Premiere hotel). We loved it. Now that my kids are older they probably would enjoy Hershey more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Sorry I should have been more clear. Bluegreen Suites at Hershey. Trades in both RCI and II.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Umbrella Beach Club (AMI,FL),
Longboat Bay Club (LBK,FL),
Veranda Beach Club (LBK,FL)
Hi- is BG Suite a timeshare? Just curious. We used to travel to the Lancaster area every year when my kids were younger to go to Dutch Wonderland and once to Hershey. We always stayed at the Eden Resort (a Best Western Premiere hotel). We loved it. Now that my kids are older they probably would enjoy Hershey more.

Yes, the Suites at Hershey (now a Bluegreen property) is a timeshare--all 2-bedroom units. About 60 units I think, tucked into 3 buildings. It's compact, but has both indoor and outdoor pools, game room, grill area, and such. It's well-managed and highly pleasant. It's close enough to Hersheypark to see the roller coasters, and while one could walk to them, that would be the back side of the park as far as possible from the actual entrance. But it's an easy drive and what IS walking distance is (a) the outlet mall and (b) a brewpub (although, to be fair, there is no sidewalk, only grass to the brewpub).

We've stayed there both in winter and in summer (we own a week there, but have also exchanged in when lucky enough to do so) and enjoyed it thoroughly each time. It's a pleasant enough getaway even if you never leave, and there's so much to do in the area.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It's a pleasant enough getaway even if you never leave, and there's so much to do in the area.

It is on my short list to make it there. About the only concern I have heard of is complaints about it being close to train tracks and trains blowing their horn near an intersection by the resort. I think I would make it ok, but my DW is a light sleeper. What have you experienced? Is there a building further from the tracks that should be requested? Thanks for your advice.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Umbrella Beach Club (AMI,FL),
Longboat Bay Club (LBK,FL),
Veranda Beach Club (LBK,FL)
It is on my short list to make it there. About the only concern I have heard of is complaints about it being close to train tracks and trains blowing their horn near an intersection by the resort. I think I would make it ok, but my DW is a light sleeper. What have you experienced? Is there a building further from the tracks that should be requested? Thanks for your advice.

There are 3 buildings. Building 1 is the closest to the tracks; building 3 is the furthest. (Look at an aerial photo on google maps or whatever to see what I mean). The east end of each building is probably louder than the west (there are 6 units on each floor and I don’t remember the numbering). Which is to say the furthest from the tracks would be the westernmost units of building 3.

I have stayed in both buildings and the train is definitely louder in building 1. Remember there are two elements of the train noise—the horn from the engine and the rumbling of the freight cars. You will hear the horn anywhere in the complex although it is less in building 3. the rumbling is definitely more noticeable in building 1.

(Building 3 is closer to the main road, however, so there can be some road noise. One night there was an accident or something further up the road and there was a lot of siren noise.)

If you will be there in the wintertime, the indoor pool is between buildings 2 and 3 (and connected to both of them) so these are also better in the wintertime for that reason and the fact that they have gas fireplaces. In the summer, the fireplace-less units in building 1 are closer to the outdoor pool.

On the train noise, I should note for full disclosure that my house is only 400 yards from the CSX mainline so I am not bothered by train noise and may not provide the best opinion...

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Building 1 is also the building that most deeded non bluegreen points owners are placed. Buildings 2 and 3 are typically booked with BG points. They may take requests but you can't get building or specific unit request guaranteed. I have stayed in building 1 on both sides of the building. I didn't find it that bad but my DH snores like a chainsaw so I've just learned to ignore. I suggest earplugs or something like a fan for white noise if you are a light sleeper.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
My II confirmation states unit 105 If that holds, should I assume that is building 1?

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I reviewed this resort years ago (15 maybe) when my family and I made an RCI trade. Loved the place - huge rooms, nice grounds and close to Hershey. At the time, no outlet mall or brew pub. My only negative was the train tracks. I am a pretty light sleeper from rural NH and the train whistle scared me silly the first two nights. As the week wore on, I did seem to adjust but forewarned is forearmed - bring ear plugs if you need them!