• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beyond frustrated with depositing weeks in my new Interval account

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
Several months ago, I set up a brand new account with Interval. I own three floating summer weeks at a Wyndham resort that has dual affiliation with RCI and II.

First week, I was able to deposit online, but more than a week later got a postcard in the mail saying that my deposited week was not yet eligible for exchange. When I contacted the resort, I was initially told that I still owed $54 in maintenance and that was why the week had not cleared. I verified with Wyndham Owner Services that my maintenance fees were paid through 2019.

Ultimately, I got the resort manager and guest services manager involved, and the guest services manager told me that the she had approved the week and that it had never been declined. So, after contacting Interval again, I confirmed that the week had cleared.

On 7/31, I went to deposit a second week as a late deposit. There was no way for me to do this--only options were for depositing a 2019 or 2020 week. After about an hour on the phone with Interval, they set it up as a supplemental week deposit and was told it normally takes two days to clear. Two days later, it was still not cleared, and when I asked why it was showing as a supplemental week, I was told that only one of my weeks contracts has been cleared by Wyndham for enrollment and that the other two had been denied.

Now I am back to Wyndham. The resort manager is telling me the problem is on the Interval side and I just logged into my Interval account this morning to find that the supplemental week is now gone, meaning it must not have cleared.

I am beyond frustrated and feel like I am getting the run around, with each side blaming the other. Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem? How was it resolved?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just curious which resort. I think you may always have trouble getting an eligible Wyndham week deposited with II ongoing. So you will need to plan early and assume it will take several calls and a few days to a week or more to get it done.

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also interested in what resort you are working with. We have been doing II trading with Wyndham for years with good results. However, Wyndham is phasing out II trading as quickly as they can. It is surprising to me that you could open a new Wyndham/II trading account. We have never made trades directly through our Wyndham resort but have always had good results with the II website. However, Wyndham recently changed their procedure for depositing points for II trading. They made it a bit more difficult as well as somewhat more expensive. We had some difficulties earlier this year in finding Wyndham reps that know anything about II trading. One of our deposits for II trading that we made in 2017 disappeared and it took some effort to convince Wyndham to reestablish that deposit. Things seem to have gotten back to normal for now.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is not a points deposit. I own three floating weeks at Wyndham Long Wharf.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was one of the weeks a 2br with 8/31 start date? I saw it pop up as getaway this afternoon. Rare this resort get deposits with II so that made me think it may be your late deposit.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, this was my deposit. I finally got it resolved, through my own efforts involving more than 6 hours on the phone over the last couple of weeks with Interval, the resort,
and Owner Care at Wyndham. Despite repeated denials that there was a problem at their end, Wyndham had some type of change it management, which meant no one
was verifying the Interval deposits. After my call to Interval today, they finally initiated a conference call with some individuals at Wyndham and got the matter resolved.

What was frustrating and infuriating was the fact that no one at Wyndham would take the ball on this issue and do a route cause analysis of the process and where it was
breaking down. They kept insisting that the problem was with Interval. I got an email later in the day from the guest services manager at the resort, who had not returned
any messages of mine and kept me on hold indefinitely when I did get through to her. Her note indicated that they had resolved the issue. Well, it was all thanks to my efforts;
they did not lift a finger to help. Very poor customer service, in my opinion.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it all worked out and now that they know the issue, hopefully it will be smooth sailing for future deposits!

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was one of the weeks a 2br with 8/31 start date? I saw it pop up as getaway this afternoon. Rare this resort get deposits with II so that made me think it may be your late deposit.

I assume that you meant this popped up as a last minute exchange, not a getaway, correct?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume that you meant this popped up as a last minute exchange, not a getaway, correct?

It was a getaway - could have been there for exchange too, but I didn't check. Not surprising though - LM stuff usually does hit both pools of units.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got it resolved, through my own efforts involving more than 6 hours on the phone over the last couple of weeks with Interval, the resort, and Owner Care at Wyndham.

Customer Service in today's world is practically non-existent. I called SunPass the other day and a recording told me my wait time would be 71 minutes if I wanted to talk to a Representative...

George

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally got it resolved, through my own efforts involving more than 6 hours on the phone over the last couple of weeks with Interval, the resort,
and Owner Care at Wyndham.

Customer Service in today's world is practically non-existent. I called SunPass the other day and a recording told me my wait time would be 71 minutes if I wanted to talk to a Representative...

George

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

George
I find, more often or not, the wait time being quoted is much less then I am told. Especially if it is a generic message saying their call volume is higher then usual and the wait time will be long. This past week I heard that 2 different times, 2 different companies and they picked up within a minute.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yes, this was my deposit. I finally got it resolved, through my own efforts involving more than 6 hours on the phone over the last couple of weeks with Interval, the resort,
and Owner Care at Wyndham. Despite repeated denials that there was a problem at their end, Wyndham had some type of change it management, which meant no one
was verifying the Interval deposits. After my call to Interval today, they finally initiated a conference call with some individuals at Wyndham and got the matter resolved.

What was frustrating and infuriating was the fact that no one at Wyndham would take the ball on this issue and do a route cause analysis of the process and where it was
breaking down. They kept insisting that the problem was with Interval. I got an email later in the day from the guest services manager at the resort, who had not returned
any messages of mine and kept me on hold indefinitely when I did get through to her. Her note indicated that they had resolved the issue. Well, it was all thanks to my efforts;
they did not lift a finger to help. Very poor customer service, in my opinion.

This is the way of the world today. Everything is a fight. You have to be so persistent. Numerous phone calls, emails, Facebook postings. I now immediately go into drastic measures- I contact government and consumer groups and organizations, the BBB, etc. - immediately. I don't give the perpetrators anytime to breathe.

It's a war out there.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
I applaud your patience and perseverance! :thumbup: You must be your own advocate today because some companies think customer service is all about smiling and being polite while not following through on the customer's problem. Call centers are understaffed and service reps are poorly trained. I suggest you document your experience as you have here and send an e-mail to Wyndham Corporate if you haven't already. Poor customer service is typical of the timeshare industry but I don't think it could hurt to let them know how disrespected you feel. Make it personal and see what happens. You likely are one of many who will write, but they need to know about employees behaving badly. Filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau isn't a bad idea either.

For future reference, Mark is the II Tug rep that has been exceptionally helpful in the past. Even if it isn't a II issue, he may have a contact that can help.