• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Beware of Vallarta Gardens (2014)

Thomas55972

Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens Scam

We traveled to Puerto Vallarta in late March 2015 and unfortunately also got involved with Vallarta Gardens. It appears the way their whole scam works is to suck you into signing a contract with them by having offering a contract with a marketing contract to bring to help offset your costs. Unfortunately the companies they use do not exist. In our case they told us the company they would be using was Berkshire Financial Group. We looked into this "company" and found out that the address given was a vacant lot, no information on CEO or the company itself showed up on a google search even though company was supposedly around since 2011, Oklahoma Secretary of State had no record of them, a search on their website domain showed the site went live on Jan. 27, 2015 which happens to be the timeframe when sales manager said they started using Berkshire. The search also showed that whoever started site went to extremes to hide where site was set up and operated from. It appears this May have been a front company started by Vallarta Gardens themselves. We tried to sign onto the website in early May and it was shut down and all phone numbers were disconnected. No surprise there!!! We looked into companies they have used in the past and found they don't exist either. My advice to anyone looking into Vallarta Gardens would be to run away as fast as you can. It would be nice if we could all get together for a class action suit against them. These people, especially sales manager Jeff Johnson should be in jail. We are in dispute process with our credit card company and are contacting Profeco and the US consulate. Does anyone know how to file a criminal complaint on them in Mexico?

taffy19

Reaction score
We traveled to Puerto Vallarta in late March 2015 and unfortunately also got involved with Vallarta Gardens. It appears the way their whole scam works is to suck you into signing a contract with them by having offering a contract with a marketing contract to bring to help offset your costs. Unfortunately the companies they use do not exist. In our case they told us the company they would be using was Berkshire Financial Group. We looked into this "company" and found out that the address given was a vacant lot, no information on CEO or the company itself showed up on a google search even though company was supposedly around since 2011, Oklahoma Secretary of State had no record of them, a search on their website domain showed the site went live on Jan. 27, 2015 which happens to be the timeframe when sales manager said they started using Berkshire. The search also showed that whoever started site went to extremes to hide where site was set up and operated from. It appears this May have been a front company started by Vallarta Gardens themselves. We tried to sign onto the website in early May and it was shut down and all phone numbers were disconnected. No surprise there!!! We looked into companies they have used in the past and found they don't exist either. My advice to anyone looking into Vallarta Gardens would be to run away as fast as you can. It would be nice if we could all get together for a class action suit against them. These people, especially sales manager Jeff Johnson should be in jail. We are in dispute process with our credit card company and are contacting Profeco and the US consulate. Does anyone know how to file a criminal complaint on them in Mexico?

Here is the link how to contact Profeco.

http://profeco.gob.mx/english.htm

I would send this thread

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205006&highlight=Vallarta+gardens+scam

to your credit card company to let them know that you are not the only victim of fraud and it may help you to get your money back to you faster as Profeco will take a very long time but I would send your letter anyway in case you still owe money. I don't believe that you have to make more payments once you have started your complaint to this agency in Mexico.

Good luck.

taffy19

Reaction score
There are attorneys in the USA who practice Real Estate Law in Mexico but it may be too expensive to go that route and I wouldn't trust the companies that advertise that they are attorneys and will get you your money back but first you have to give them a big fat check before they even read your complaint. They may be scam artists too. I don't even know if they have class action lawsuits in Mexico.

LBK

Reaction score
HELP

Hey you guys,
We just left Vallarta Gardens a few hours ago...sick at our stomachs.
We think we signed something that said we can't back out but it seems that some of you have.
Help? This was 12 today, its 8 here? Panic has set in

Any help out there?? LBK

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Check all of your documents and rescind according to those. You can go back there and do it, but realize how much pressure they will put on you. (If you thought the pressure was tough today to get you to sign, just kick it up a notch, but DO IT - Hold your ground!!!

Do your best to get it done before you leave PV. Look for the Profeco office that is mentioned in several of these posts for assistance. But the main thing is to rescind as soon as you can.

Call your Credit Card Company and tell them to cancel because you are doing so. Let them know that you purchased under extreme pressure and are planning to cancel this purchase ASAP. If necessary, have them send you a new card to arrive when you get home and cancel this number. (This is a reason to always have 2 cards when you travel.)

Good luck!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The letter you signed saying you can not cancel is a scare tactic only. Indeed you can cancel. Read this entire thread and you should have enough info to cancel. If you have more questions, ask , but please read the covered info on this thread before doing so. This way you will understand what to do.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Mexican Timeshare Contract

Several years ago we made a mistake and bought Gran Mayan in San Jose del Cabo. We went back to where we were staying and did some online research and discovered they were being sued in several different States. We talked to a kind soul where we were staying and learned that under Mexican Law you have 3 or 5 days business days to back out and cancel. Saturday is a business day. It has to be in writing. Everyone that signed the contract has to sign the Revocation. The signatures have to be Notarized. After you get all that done you will want to make several copies. Then you go back to the Sales Office and deliver it in person. I went back by myself and carried no credit cards. Without telling anyone why I was I asked to see the Lady that had witnessed and signed the Contract for Gran Mayan. I had to wait a bit but then handed her the Original Revocation. Two additional people tried to talk me out of the Revocation. But it got done.

LBK

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that we write the revocation letter and have it notarized before we go back to the sales office?
We are supposed to go back in the morning...

LBK

Reaction score
Thanks easyrider:)
We have a meeting scheduled in the morning with the seller (?) We thought they wanted something...but weren't sure what.
Wondering if we should keep the meeting, or notarize a letter first? Thoughts?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Are you suggesting that we write the revocation letter and have it notarized before we go back to the sales office?
We are supposed to go back in the morning...
You don't have to have your signatures notarized and you should not go back to the sales office.

Write a simple letter stating that you are rescinding your contract dated XXX. You have the right to rescind under Mexican law but you just have five days to do so. Everyone who signed the contract needs to sign the letter.

If there is an address on the contract you signed, mail the letter to that address with proof from the post office of the date you mailed it. Alert your credit card company that you are cancelling the contract and disupute any charges made to it.

If you can get to the local Profeco office, they can help you. If not, just be sure to mail the letter with proof of the date you mail it.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What Pittle and Karen said. You don't need notarization, and really you shouldn't need Profeco at this stage, as long as you follow the rescind instructions (which should be in your contract) to the 't.' If for some reason you can't find rescind instructions after reading carefully, don't worry. Just draft a simple cancellation letter signed by all who signed the contract and make sure you have proof from the Post Office that you sent it within 5 days.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
http://www.pvguide.org/blog/consumer-rights-protection-in-mexico/

The address and phone number to Profeco is in this article.

Do what Karen and Pittle said unless you are actually the type of person that is able to give the letter to Vallarta Gardens without changing your mind and are the type of person that is hard to intimidate.

According to article 56 of the Mexican consumer protection laws your cancellation can be an email, letter or face to face but I think you would need to document your cancellation. You might call Profeco and see if you can email your cancellation with a cc to Profeco or have Profeco forward a letter or email to Vallarta Gardens for you.

Good Luck

Bill

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a meeting scheduled in the morning with the seller (?) We thought they wanted something...but weren't sure what.

They probably want to convince you to reverse your decision to rescind. They will probably throw in a few extra (but of little value) perks if you change your mind. Do you remember the pressure the sales people put on you to buy during the presentation? Well double that and you'll get an idea of what you'll be up against. Remember, your decision to rescind is literally pulling cash out of their pockets. They are relying on this sale for their commission. If you rescind (or should I say "when you rescind"), they will be losing a big, fat pay day.

Just follow the rescission instructions carefully including how to send them off.

Thomas55972

Reaction score
Hey you guys,
We just left Vallarta Gardens a few hours ago...sick at our stomachs.
We think we signed something that said we can't back out but it seems that some of you have.
Help? This was 12 today, its 8 here? Panic has set in

Any help out there?? LBK
Vallarta gardens tried to scam us as well, may I ask what "company" they said would market your unit or sell your existing timeshare? The company they set us up with didn't exist and then they shut down website and phones. Am glad you are getting out if your contract on time. Thanks

Thomas55972

Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens-VP Services Scam

We were scammed by Vallarta Gardens in late March when they used a fake marketing company to induce us into signing a contract with them. I want to give everyone the heads up that is thinking about signing with them or has signed recently that they have changed the marketing company name that they are using but it is just as fake as the last one. (Berkshire Financial Group) The new "company's" name is VP Services and they claim to be out of Brownsville, Tx. A google search of the address shown on website shows it as a mall which has no VP Services as a resident. All residents in this mall have suite numbers, VPS address does not. The Texas Secretary of State does have a VPS on their register-it was incorporated in Texas in 2011 but address is not the same and company is not involved in property management/liquidation. The company is located in Lubbock-approximately 9.5 hours from Brownsville. The website itself (vpservices.info) was copyrighted in 2005. The WHOIS information however shows the domain name registration occurred in August of 13. The "company" website is set to expire in 5 more months. The site owner (more than likely Vallarta Gardens) has also chosen to hide their name and address by using a proxy service. This has been Vallarta Gardens method going back years-they induce people to sign by offering a contract with a fictitious marketing company, tell them contract is no good down the road due to company bankruptcy or poor performance (Berkshire) and then offer you a contract with the next fictitious company they come up with. Of course this next contract comes with a new fee. It appears like VPS will be around for 5 months max and may be gone sooner if word gets out. The address comes up on one of the pages if you google VPservices.info. A simple search on Google and www.domaintools.com will give you all information you need to know

terminator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soliciting credit cards (companies) used

We had canceled credit card before the deposit had clearedso they had none of our money. We found out VallartaGardens deposited $20,000 to one of our credit cards already so Profeco did see our complaint as valid. We await a request for a refund. LIQUIDATED DAMAGES???? I know we will refund the money but it is a relief to be finished and to overcome the bully tactic of sales manager. Thanks again TUG.

This post is directed primarily to those who have monies owing to them by VG, or a credit card company. There will be a concerted effort by at least a couple of us, and hopefully more, to put a halt to the fraudulent activity at Vallarta Gardens. We are asking that "victims" post with the name of the credit card company, and the results achieved with the c/c company - if any - and to indicate if they are willing and able to contribute their personal experiences to the cause. Having the name of the marketing company that was to liquidate your timeshares, or rent your newly purchased VG ones, would also be very helpful. A personal email address will be provided for future commuication if you would like to communicate with us.
Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This post is directed primarily to those who have monies owing to them by VG, or a credit card company. There will be a concerted effort by at least a couple of us, and hopefully more, to put a halt to the fraudulent activity at Vallarta Gardens. We are asking that "victims" post with the name of the credit card company, and the results achieved with the c/c company - if any - and to indicate if they are willing and able to contribute their personal experiences to the cause. Having the name of the marketing company that was to liquidate your timeshares, or rent your newly purchased VG ones, would also be very helpful. A personal email address will be provided for future commuication if you would like to communicate with us.
Thanks!

Who is 'us'? With all due respect, a first post from an unknown person, asking for personal contact information and credit card information, and referring to "us".

You are not associated with TUG, and offer no credentials- like are you a law firm building a case against fraudulent timeshare sales, or what?

I would caution readers to proceed carefully unless/until more information is forthcoming and verified.

Jim

Thomas55972

Reaction score
Vallarta gardens/credit card company

I can tell you that I have had many email conversations with "terminated" and can tell you we are trying to help others and ourselves in this cause. We are in the same stage of dispute with credit card company and are trying to find out what works and what doesn't. There are no credit card numbers or anything more personal than an email address. The reason for being interested on the credit card company is to see if we have the same company to possibly take action against them for being complacent by not flagging these purchases.

terminator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who is 'us'? With all due respect, a first post from an unknown person, asking for personal contact information and credit card information, and referring to "us".

You are not associated with TUG, and offer no credentials- like are you a law firm building a case against fraudulent timeshare sales, or what?

I would caution readers to proceed carefully unless/until more information is forthcoming and verified.

Jim

I don't post to see myself in print. But, in your case, 13,000+ times as a member of the "review crew"? Wow! On the other hand, considering what I read in this forum, I am surmising that many of your posts don't represent a positive contribution to the issues being discussed here. Just saying, just wondering. Who are you, Jim?
Try reading the post before you jump all over it. I didn't ask for personal info. I asked for marketing companies associated with VG, and to name the credit card company, i.e. Visa, Am/Ex, Discover, etc. The problem with forums is that nothing really gets accomplished. Gee, I wonder why?
I have been victimized by VG, despite having bought our first T/S 19 years ago. That T/S development changed hands a few years back, and now 1200 members m/l, of 15,000 +, are plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit, which we will win. Speaks volumes, huh, about listening, reading, researching, and taking action, as opposed to whining and doing nothing. There is strength in numbers. That's a fact. Yes, we have a need to vent, and share, and caution others. C/C companies who provide merchant services at VG are very much part of the problem. Without the ability to charge your card, VG would not be in business, doing what they do, which is hardly described as a scrupulous business entity. Would they? How many of us take a check book to Mexico? How long a period have these c/c companies been aware of "consumer issues" at VG? Answer I'd say is a considerable amount of time, long enough we might even suggest "aiding and abetting". Yes, that's a stretch, but you pull out all the stops with activity such as we've seen. How many have contacted the FBI with allegations of Internet fraud ("marketing companies")? Received any documents from them by post? That's mail fraud. Have you phoned the c/c company and accused them of collusion, when you made allegations of fraudulent activity - of all types? Anyone thought about how much money the c/c companies earn in these disputes? Anyone wonder how this "business" continues to operate with cancelled contracts and payments?
So how about contributing to the cause, instead of playing cop? Send an email to the post below mine, and I will call you, Jim.

terminator

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that I have had many email conversations with "terminated" and can tell you we are trying to help others and ourselves in this cause. We are in the same stage of dispute with credit card company and are trying to find out what works and what doesn't. There are no credit card numbers or anything more personal than an email address. The reason for being interested on the credit card company is to see if we have the same company to possibly take action against them for being complacent by not flagging these purchases.

Documents alleging fraud were submitted to Visa mid May, 2015. Berkshire Financial Group was the "marketing company" that was to liquidate one timeshare, although 4 were on the worksheet. Berkshire's address was not a legitimate address in OK City, nor was the phone number. It was a voip #, located 60 odd miles SW of OK City in Andarko. Berkshire also was not a registered company in USA, or elsewhere. The website was bogus - now off-line - a case of Internet fraud.

Thomas55972

Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens has recently started putting out postings/blogs about scam prevention and how they are not a scam. One post on July 8 is actually titled Vallarta Gardens Scam Prevention. I find it astonishing that a company that is the biggest scam artist in the history of timeshare/fractional ownership is putting out such dribble. They started putting these posts out in mid June. This shows how important it is that if you have been scammed by VG like I have that you post your stories in these forums or better yet post your own blog also. Keep fighting!

1950panda

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my money back after the 5 day cooling period in Mexico

As you may note from previous post I too got sucked in and purchased March 10. I was past the 5 day Mexican law cooling off period when I happened to google Vallarta Gardens to check out their website and noticed the links with scam and read the TUG posts as well as other websites.
While we were in Mexico I contacted the bank and the advised me to request to rescind the contract within 14 days and if the money was not returned 15 days after the request, they would initiate a dispute investigation with VISA.
The are NOT treating this as fraud as I willingly gave them my credit card. I was thinking I needed to prove fraud as there was misleading information to entice me to sign the contract.
I did not fully understand this but apparently VISA has a 14 day cooling off period and all I had to do was get the request to cancel the contract within the 14 days, which I did. So, I may have another window here. apparently this process could take two months. VISA does the investigation, allows Vallarta Gardens to respond and then I get a chance to respond to their response. But, the key factor appears to be that I gave the request to cancel within the 14 days.
Keep your fingers crossed that it goes in my favour.
Actually, if the banks started reversing these charges on a regular basis it would smarten up these scammers!
Will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Just an update. Even though I missed the five day cooling off period in Mexico, I was able to cancel the contract through VISA. VISA did credit my account with the down payment that I made and did an investigation. They have now confirmed that my credit will not be reversed. This took about four months. So please make sure that people in trouble are aware of this option as well. I am lucky that even though I made a stupid mistake I was able to recover from it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just an update. Even though I missed the five day cooling off period in Mexico, I was able to cancel the contract through VISA.
Thanks so much for that valuable information! So glad you were able to cancel and get your money back.:whoopie:

eugeniia

Reaction score
Vallarta Gardens Scam Be aware!!

Past Feburary, we were in Vallarta having a great vacation when we were invited to a timeshare presentation at Vallarta Gardens; we were offered a membership there with "great benefits". They offered that we could trade our weeks for airfair, activities, rental cars, etc. We could not even had the chance to use the membership because when we got back home we recieved an e-mail informing us that our membership would be cancelled because Vallarta Gardens didn't pay for our affiliation.
We have contacted Vallarta Gardens and they were saying in a very rude way that they don't know anything. We have tried to contact them again but they don't even respond.
We want our money back because we feel defrauded and dissapointed. If somebody know how to help us, please let me know.

DON'T GO TO VALLARTA GARDENS!!:mad::mad: