• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BETTER THAN FREE: Summer Bay 3BR Lockoff Wk 1-6/18-23/35-50

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Double post, sorry

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
how many people on the 3 br? if i take i have not to pay anithing? and after the unit be on my name you will give $ 300 usd?

also please let me know if you have deposit it with RCI and really what tpus give to you i read that you can not choose witch week to deposit on RCI

Be aware, since you're asking about TPUs, that even thought this is a stupendous offer you cannot exchange into Disney Vacation Club with this timeshare. Disney has a rule that precludes Orlando Resorts from exchanging into their villas. But this is a great deal for a prime time 3 bedroom lock off. Think of the possibilities with trading the two sides or trading one and vacationing with the other.

If I wasn't in a NO-BUY ZONE I might give this offer serious consideration. Thanks to the OP for putting this up.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware, since you're asking about TPUs, that even thought this is a stupendous offer you cannot exchange into Disney Vacation Club with this timeshare. Disney has a rule that precludes Orlando Resorts from exchanging into their villas. But this is a great deal for a prime time 3 bedroom lock off. Think of the possibilities with trading the two sides or trading one and vacationing with the other.

If I wasn't in a NO-BUY ZONE I might give this offer serious consideration. Thanks to the OP for putting this up.

thanks i dont want ir for Disney i have anothers to trade for Disney

any answer for how many people on the 3br?
and about TPUs?

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as Disney goes, it is regionally blocked from exchanging into the Orlando DVC properties, but you should use it to get into VGC, Vero Beach, HH, or Aulani.

It's a 12/10, so it'll accommodate up to 12 people.

As far as TPU, if you split it and book week 47 for both sides for 2014, RCI is currently showing 34 TPU plus 30 TPU, so 64 TPU total.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this was listed as a great TPU trader of 64 TPU it would have been given away in a heartbeat for free. With Micheal giving a detailed background story only goes to prove that he is honest.

This is a great deal for anyone looking to trade in RCI and I would take it but recently purchased yet another RCI trader...

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
Perfectly valid question.

Because with Summer Bay, there's no risk and very little time involved. With a third party, there's a risk that things will go wrong and it'll almost definitely take more time on my part.

But for you, Ride, I'll give you a special price of only -$150. :)

(Just kidding!)

Michael,
Thank you for your post and PM on the Summer Bay deed back program. I would never have been aware of it had you not posted your deed back info here on TUG. I took your advise and contacted Summer Bay and found that they are still accepting deed backs for certain contracts and mine is one of them. So, I too am in the process of deeding back my Summer Bay timeshare. I had considered posting it under the TUG bargains but after reading all the posts on this thread, I agree that its just simpler to pay Summer Bay the small fee to take the deed back. I must give the Summer Bay BOD a lot of credit for their efforts to counter the PCC scams with their deed back program. Summer Bay is a beautiful resort and given the progressive thinking of its BOD it was a difficult decision to give up our deed but we are focused on our Wyndham ownership and decided to move on.
Ron:wave:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, definitely props to the Summer Bay BOD. Not only is the deed back program simple and affordable, but they also keep it simple to transfer if you sell. You just have to have a deed created and recorded with the county, then send them a copy of the deed with a $50 transfer fee. Some timeshares have huge transfer fees or other requirements.

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello im willing to take it so i tell you yes and after the process complete i will receive $ 300 usd?

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, once it's transferred into your name (both with the county, by recording a deed and with the resort by paying the transfer fee).

If you're interested, email me and we can go over the details in private.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Talking with a TUG member who is going through the steps to take it. I don't think it'll be necessary, but if anyone else is interested in it, I'll start a waiting list.

This is good news. Someone will be getting a great TS and you'll be saving $300.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
May have missed it- what is the maintenance fee for this unit?
Maintenance Fees are about $850/year.
Last year was a little over $850. This year was about $825 (with lower property taxes). They haven't indicated what next year's MFs are yet, but they let you prepay them based on this year's MFs and it's listed as about $837.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep, definitely props to the Summer Bay BOD. Not only is the deed back program simple and affordable, but they also keep it simple to transfer if you sell. You just have to have a deed created and recorded with the county, then send them a copy of the deed with a $50 transfer fee. Some timeshares have huge transfer fees or other requirements.

Michael- I assume from the posts in this thread that you were successful in giving your Summer Bay timeshare to a TUGger. Although I would have preferred to give mine to a TUGger, I didn’t want to miss an opportunity to unload it when Summer Bay was willing to take the deed back. It took about 30 days and cost just $250 – probably about the same or a little less than the cost to give it away. Since initiating the deed back, I’ve received 2 calls from RCI promoting “the new resort near Disney called Summer Bay”. After telling them both times that Summer Bay is not a new resort and I was deeding mine back, they stopped calling. Apparently Summer Bay has enlisted the assistance of RCI to sell the deed back contracts.
Thanks again Michael, I would have totally missed it if not for you and this thread!
:clap:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
... Since initiating the deed back, I’ve received 2 calls from RCI promoting “the new resort near Disney called Summer Bay”. After telling them both times that Summer Bay is not a new resort and I was deeding mine back, they stopped calling. Apparently Summer Bay has enlisted the assistance of RCI to sell the deed back contracts.

To me it seems unlikely that it was really RCI who contacted you. I was not aware that they have gotten into TS sales. Also RCI would know that this is not a "new" resort.

Is it possible it was a rouge company using the RCI name?

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi Mike, this caught my eye, I do not need anymore timeshares, but my son has a week (EOY) at Summer Bay that he would like to have them take back. Should he contact the resort or can you give me a contact that he can discuss this with? Appreciate the info. Good Luck with the sale of your timeshare.
TerryC

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Mike, this caught my eye, I do not need anymore timeshares, but my son has a week (EOY) at Summer Bay that he would like to have them take back. Should he contact the resort or can you give me a contact that he can discuss this with? Appreciate the info. Good Luck with the sale of your timeshare.
TerryC

The person I dealt with was:

Ms. Lourdes M Rodriguez
Owner Service Coordinator
Member Services Department
25 Town Center Blvd
Suite C Clermont Fl. 34714

888-425-0148

lrodriguez@summerbayresort.com

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To me it seems unlikely that it was really RCI who contacted you. I was not aware that they have gotten into TS sales. Also RCI would know that this is not a "new" resort.

Is it possible it was a rouge company using the RCI name?

It’s very possible they were rouge calls and had I not been expecting a call from Summer Bay I wouldn’t have answered the phone. They were however just trying to get us to come for a “free” 3-night stay at Summer Bay which as we all know is just the beginning for the sales pitch. So was it RCI as they claimed or another department at Summer Bay that wasn’t aware we were deeding back our timeshare?

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that they divide the units into three classes. One class, they take back with minimal fees. One class, you have to pay quite a bit more for them to take back. One class, they won't take back at all.

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep in mind that they divide the units into three classes. One class, they take back with minimal fees. One class, you have to pay quite a bit more for them to take back. One class, they won't take back at all.

Apparently ours was in the minimal fee class. It was a EOY 2-BR floating week unit deeded to Week 30. I didn’t question Lourdes about the different classes when she quoted the $250 fee. I saw what you posted and figured it was a good deal. Thanks again for the deed back alert! Hopefully SILENTG’s son will have equally positive results with a deed back

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Perfectly valid question.

Because with Summer Bay, there's no risk and very little time involved. With a third party, there's a risk that things will go wrong and it'll almost definitely take more time on my part.

But for you, Ride, I'll give you a special price of only -$150. :)

(Just kidding!)

Michael, all I can say is you have the patience of a saint.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello im willing to take it so i tell you yes and after the process complete i will receive $ 300 usd?
So celperf has backed out on this transaction. I'm not upset, because I have a waiting list of others who were interested, including one who was willing to take it for free (without being paid $300), but I do have a problem...

I had already filed the deed with the country before he backed out.

So how do I take care of that? Can I send in a new deed for the new buyer, or do I need to do something to reverse the old one? Or is celperf the only one who can do it now?

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
So celperf has backed out on this transaction. I'm not upset, because I have a waiting list of others who were interested, including one who was willing to take it for free (without being paid $300), but I do have a problem...

I had already filed the deed with the country before he backed out.

So how do I take care of that? Can I send in a new deed for the new buyer, or do I need to do something to reverse the old one? Or is celperf the only one who can do it now?

The person who back out would have sign a new deed from he to you (it would have to be notarized) and you would have to file with the county to get it back in your name.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the deed back program, do you still have to pay the 2014 maintenance fees if they don't finalize the deed back before then? I've heard they are in no hurry to finalize deed backs at some of these resorts. If you are told that you don't have to pay MFs, do you get that in writing?