TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Best rci with lowest mf to purchase (ex) grandview

Discussion in 'New to Timesharing? Look Here!' started by Oti_romo, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Oti_romo

Oti_romo Guest

I’m looking at buying a timeshare to exchange through rci for points.
    1. What are the lowest mf and highest points timeshares available for rci exchanges
    2. What are the rci exchange fees? If you have enough points for 3 weeks of travel do you pay a exchange on every week. ( example grandview 122 k rci points transferred for 3 weeks of travel.)
    3. I heard there are are free timeshare exchange groups like daelive does anyone know of others?

2. Jan M.

Jan M. Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
    RCI Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach
    The exchange fee per week is $239. If you can book longer stays in a single reservation you can save yourself some money. In late April we stayed at Grandview Las Vegas for 17 nights booked in one reservation and the exchange fee was $278.

The Grandview Las Vegas weeks for 122,000 annual points have maintenance fees of $803 for 2018. The 98,000 point weeks for the same maintenance fees aren't a bad deal either and you can usually find them inexpensively. These are two bedroom units but the one bedroom unit in the highest season would get 61,000 points and the maintenance fees are roughly half of what they are for a two bedroom so also a good deal. This resort in particular but the Vacation Village resorts in Orlando and Weston too have some of the best maintenance fees for the number of points you get. The Vacation Village resorts can be confusing as they have several seasons with varying numbers of points that all have the same maintenance fees. For instance at Grandview Las Vegas there two bedroom weeks that get 122,000, 98,000, 80,000 or 61,000 points and they would all have paid $803 this year. The one bedrooms are 61,000, 49,000, 40,000 and 30,500 points and they all pay roughly half of $803. Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando has the next highest points for the highest season weeks. Maybe other people can tell us what the points are for the different weeks at that resort and the resorts in Weston.

Although I do remember someone posting they had a resort in Michigan or Wisconsin I think it was that had excellent maintenance fees for the number of points.

3. breezez

breezez TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark 39K
    Wyndham 406K
    RCI Points 196K
    4 bedroom at Massenutten the one not in RCI points deposited under points for deposit will get you 122K by locking off and depositing each half.

Not sure of MF it used to be about same as GV, but Massenutten you can get for free while a 122K GV cost $2500.

You will however need a points account to do this.

4. Oti_romo

Oti_romo Guest

Is there any in California with low mf that give you a lot of rci points?

5. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    So......what happened in Vegas Jan .... for 17 nights!.... Wow!

Oti_romo,

This is a bit off the mark from your question, but I have seen individual resorts that have relationships with other resorts that you may have some exchange rights and privileges in. For example, I own at La Costa Beach Club and that resort is part of SPM Resorts - click here.

My La Costa ownership gives me rights and privileges within SPM. You may want to seek out resorts that have relationships like this where you do NOT have to be a member of any addition club unless you want to.

Just an idea.

6. Oti_romo

Oti_romo Guest

I really just want rci points so I can book 2 to 3 weeks a year and save some money.

7. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    I'd look at Sedona Springs (Sedona, AZ) and Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN) for RCI points with relatively low maintenance fees.

silentg likes this.