• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best place to find resale Worldmark points?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Want to stay in Northwest and Worldmark has the most resorts. I own over 1 million Wyndham points, but don't have Club Pass and don't want to spend anymore money with Wyndham.
Of course until about 2 years ago Wyndham owners had access to the Worldmark resorts without Club Access. Another screwing over from Wyndham.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
4 brokers I can recommend

Marc Talley and Bill Stephan of Smartshare.com

Mike Murphy of TLS timeshares

Henri Moreau of wmcredits.net

Timeshare angels

There are others but I don't have direct knowlege

Or just go to eBay

Also folks sell on a Facebook page and on wmowners.com

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
We've enjoyed smooth WM purchase transactions through RedSeason.com

Want to stay in Northwest and Worldmark has the most resorts. I own over 1 million Wyndham points, but don't have Club Pass and don't want to spend anymore money with Wyndham.
Of course until about 2 years ago Wyndham owners had access to the Worldmark resorts without Club Access. Another screwing over from Wyndham.
Yes! I feel your pain ... and had said the same thing re: WM > Wyndham reservations. Thankfully, the Wyndham resort I use most frequently, as a Worldmark owner, gained some native-WM inventory soon after Club Pass was introduced. So, my frustration was, somewhat, set aside.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I have made several purchases of WM on EBay.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
If I may ask a question of those more familiar with Worldmark on the resale market: In looking about a bit on some of the websites mentioned above by Ron, it is starting to appear that a price of 35 - 40 cents per WorldMark point is a given in the resale market. Should that be considered the HIGHEST one should pay for WorldMark?

I am going to spend some time reading more about WorldMark because it seems to be quite different than RCI and Wyndham and I may ask some more questions but as I am looking at ads on the various resources, I'd at least like to start with some idea of what constitutes a reasonable price. Thanks!

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
@bbodb1, the top-end resellers often list at higher prices compared to recently completed sales on eBay. However -- I consider that a guarantee of really great service as compared to an owner-listing on eBay. The experienced reseller knows how to read the contract for current status (# of annual points, banked points, dues, etc.) and, perhaps most importantly, has personal contacts inside of WM's Transfer Department to get the job done.

If this is your first WM transaction, I'd suggest sticking with one of the known/recommended resellers. Once you've gone through the process, and taken good notes, you'll be better prepared to navigate the same system on your own with a private seller transaction with, one hopes, a smidge of savings.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
World mark contract prices can vary based on how close they are to being "fully loaded" And how close it is to the next anniversary.

You may find a contract with current years credits and last years credits in it, as well as next years available to borrow (fully loaded) or you my find contracts with no credits available. Or something in between. Fully loaded contracts are worth more. And a contract with the next allocation next month is worth more than one with an anniversary 10 or 11 months away

Mike Murphy has a really good way to compare contracts on his website

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, Ron. Just to confirm I didn't land on the wrong page, are you referring to: http://www.tlstimeshares.com/inventory.asp
I know that is what you listed above, but these days in cyberspace, it never hurts to verify.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Ron. Just to confirm I didn't land on the wrong page, are you referring to: http://www.tlstimeshares.com/inventory.asp
I know that is what you listed above, but these days in cyberspace, it never hurts to verify.

Yes that's the murphy's site

Mike Murphy runs the company now but it was stared by his parents. They have been dealing in Worldmark timeshares from the very beginning of Worldmark, then known as Trendwest

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Also check out www.wmowners.com/forum. Many Owners have their own accounts for sale. I have seen empty current accounts list for 30 to 40 cents per Point. I have seen fully loaded (2 years worth Points) accounts listed for 25 to 35 cents per Point. It all varies. No one but EBAY actually posts the final selling price.

3 years ago (times they are a changing) I bought a fully loaded 7,000 Point Account for 10 cents per Point and a fully loaded 15,000 Point Account for 21 cents per Point on EBAY.

Read here and ask questions here. Read the Forum and ask questions on www.wmowners.com.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, so this was interesting. I took a run at a few Worldmark listings through one of the resellers listed here. To be fair, I did make an offer MUCH lower than what they were asking for and they (the sellers) were certainly within their rights to refuse any offer. I'm slightly surprised someone did not come back with some counter offer - in fact the only response I got was a restatement of the original offer. No lowered price at all.

To be clear - I am NOT relating this story to complain rather I wanted to see if the Worldmark resale market would negotiate down from the posted prices. If my offer was conveyed to the sellers, none of them budged.

Is it a fair statement to say that resale listing companies produce listings that are less likely to negotiate from a posted price? That would seem at odds with the idea that a timeshare is not worth much.

Again, just to be clear, I am not complaining but rather questioning the value of Worldmark on the resale market.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, so this was interesting. I took a run at a few Worldmark listings through one of the resellers listed here. To be fair, I did make an offer MUCH lower than what they were asking for and they (the sellers) were certainly within their rights to refuse any offer. I'm slightly surprised someone did not come back with some counter offer - in fact the only response I got was a restatement of the original offer. No lowered price at all.

To be clear - I am NOT relating this story to complain rather I wanted to see if the Worldmark resale market would negotiate down from the posted prices. If my offer was conveyed to the sellers, none of them budged.

Is it a fair statement to say that resale listing companies produce listings that are less likely to negotiate from a posted price? That would seem at odds with the idea that a timeshare is not worth much.

Again, just to be clear, I am not complaining but rather questioning the value of Worldmark on the resale market.
Worldmark timeshares are valued between 30cents to 40cents per point, higher end for fully loaded contracts. Not worth much is a relative phrase.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark timeshares are valued between 30cents to 40cents per point, higher end for fully loaded contracts. Not worth much is a relative phrase.

That is sort of what I was trying to understand - we hear so often that timeshares are not worth what you think (always less, if any value at all). Why is Worldmark able to hold at the 30 to 40 cent per point level when other timeshares seem not to be anywhere close to that? Again, please understand I am not complaining but rather trying to understand the market. Why is WorldMark able to better retain value in the resale market compared to others?

I'm going to keep looking for sure and who knows, maybe a -really- good deal is out there.......

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Low maintenance fees, fair to resales owners, no guest fees, no penalty for changes up to a month before the stay, 90 to 100 locations, cash bookings... the list is long. The quality of most resorts is excellent, not quite Marriott, Hyatt or Vistana level, but definitely way above what we often think of 3 star..they are like 3.5 stars.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is sort of what I was trying to understand - we hear so often that timeshares are not worth what you think (always less, if any value at all). Why is Worldmark able to hold at the 30 to 40 cent per point level when other timeshares seem not to be anywhere close to that? Again, please understand I am not complaining but rather trying to understand the market. Why is WorldMark able to better retain value in the resale market compared to others?

I'm going to keep looking for sure and who knows, maybe a -really- good deal is out there.......

I wonder how you determined how much to offer. I mean how would you know if the brokers asking price is fair or not

Here's how I decided how much a Worldmark timeshare was worth to me

A 2 bedroom week at one of the legacy Worldmark resorts is 10000 credits and the maintenance fees on 10000 credits is about $700. So if I pay $3000 to buy those credits my cost for the first 10 years will be $1000 a year. That seems fair to me. Obviously I'd like to get it cheaper but $3000 seems fair

Compare that to a Wyndham contract. A 2 bedroom week at a legacy resort in the Wyndham system is 154000 points and the annual mf on a 154000 point contract will be about $1000. $1000 a week seems fair but there is no room to offer anything for that Wyndham contract.

Your analysis of value will be different than mine. My advice is to determine how you intend to use the timeshare, figure out what it's worth to you and then bid accordingly

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Unlike most of the timeshares, a Worldmark account actually is worth something and is relatively liquid to sell. I have owned WM since maybe 2000. At that point, I paid about .70 cents per point. Today, I can easily resell for about .40 cent. Considering all the vacations and bonus time we took, I am totally OK with the lost in value. I have given away a few weeks but have not considered to part with my WM account. In addition to what Vacationforever has listed, WM will even let you cancel with the 30 days window, and you may get all or part of the points back if someone book the days you cancelled. It's the most owner friendly timeshare I have owned to this day.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, just do not use a broad brush to paint "a timeshare is not worth much". The resale market is typically below developers' prices. When you look at several big names timeshare systems, Marriott, Vistana (formerly Starwood), Hyatt, Hilton... many of these properties in highly desirable locations like Hawaii in the resale market are still worth quite a bit of money. For Hyatt, they had been friendly to resale buyer (past tense because now they have a new point system after ILG bought Hyatt timeshare... which I do not know how it affects the old model) like Worldmark and their timeshare held pretty good value.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to each of you for your insights on this. I'll admit that I have not performed a mental calculus similar to what Ron is suggesting and with my timeshare background consisting of RCI and Wyndham, I likely do view all timeshares as similarly valued. Until my recent St. George stay, I had not stayed at a WorldMark resort nor have I stayed at any of the systems VacationForever listed. My past experience suggests Wyndham resorts are usually nicer than RCI resorts but after reading more on TUG, I see how such an observation can be flawed (distorted may be a better word) since RCI is comparatively large versus Wyndham in the number of properties offered and (if I understand correctly) how the properties become a part of each system (Wyndham and RCI). My first reaction to Worldmark was pretty much 'this is a Wyndham West' and I valued Worldmark similar to Wyndham.

Bottom line: I'm still learning. I do heartedly agree with Lisa's point as it is similar to how I view my timeshare purchase decisions. Some were good, some not but one thing they all gave us is a reason and a means to vacation to places my family likely would never have vacationed to without timeshare. Hard to put a value on that....

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies. I obviously have much more research to do.
Another questions when buying Worldmark do you have a home resort? Are the fees different for each resort?
Thanks again.

mash84121

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point, WorldMark
Thanks everyone for your replies. I obviously have much more research to do.
Another questions when buying Worldmark do you have a home resort? Are the fees different for each resort?
Thanks again.

Worldmark is purely a points based system, so you do not have a home resort. MFs are based on the number of points you own.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Also MF's are in 2,500 block increments. So a person with 7,501 Points might pay the exact same total dollar amount in MF's as a person with 10,000 Points. Also normally the more Points you own the less MF's you pay per Point. You get one House Keeping Token from 6,000 Points to 19,999 Points. Then at 20,000 you get a second House Keeping Token and then an addition House Keeping Token for each 10,000 Points. You can also rent Points from other Owners but you can not Transfer House Keeping Tokens. There are other ways to use Money for Reservations - Bonus Time, Monday Madness, and Inventory Specials.