• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Orlando resort

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Going to Orlando for Christmas which resort is the closest to Disney?? What resorts you think is the best??

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
Parc Soleil closest only about2 to3 miles from Disney springs
Tuscany about a mile farther

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
This post by @alwysonvac and the referenced threads might be helpful -

There are four HGVC resorts in Orlando. You can't go wrong with the first three listed below.
  1. Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld
  2. Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village (aka HGVC on International Drive)
  3. Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
  4. Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club (this is a recent hotel conversion; haven't seen reviews)
Here are some old threads that you might find helpful.
"Which Orlando HGVC?" (April 2016) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/which-orlando-hgvc.241194/
"BEST in Orlando is?" (July 2016) - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-in-orlando-is.244338/

bsheets326

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed recently at Las Palmeras, and I did not have a good experience. Of course it started off with the push to attend a sales presentation, which I politely declined. At that point I went to take my luggage to my room before moving the car to the garage. The valet chased me onto the elevator and demanded I give him my keys. I told him I would be back down in two minutes, but he blocked the elevator doors from closing until I gave them up. The other guests on the elevator were as shocked as I was. After dropping my luggage I went back down to retrieve my keys. The valet was gone, and for the next ten minutes I watched people leave their cars parked out front as they took their luggage up. What a joke!

The next day I ordered room service, and it never arrived. After an hour I called the kitchen, and I could tell something was wrong. They had lost the order. I finally received my meal after another hour wait. I called the front desk to ask for the general manager. He wasn't in, so I left a message. He never called me back.

I would not classify this location as a resort. It's basically a hotel in the middle of a field. The rooms are nice and clean. The pool doesn't have nearly enough room or chairs when the rooms are full though. The kitchen is way too disorganized. One morning at breakfast I witnessed a loud argument between a server and the cooks. Overall, I would skip this location. Too many other great options in Orlando.

Carl D

Reaction score
The closest to Disney without being on Disney property, is Bonnet Creek.
Beyond that there are so many that are close you would be just splitting hairs.

ETA: Sorry, I now see you specifically posted in the Hilton forum.

Tn1911

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seaworld
Lol I hear a lot about BC is it nice!! Have a friend with Wyndham was thinking about that being my second timeshare.

butchf16

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waikola Village
Just got back from Tuscany today. We thought it was a great property. Well maintained and helpful staff. There is a shuttle to Epcot that is $10 pp round trip. The schedule of the bus was a little off putting, but doable. Cheaper than parking ($22) and Uber or Lyft. We went to Epcot to do the around the world and went to Magic Kingdom last night for fireworks. We did go to Disney Springs a few times, which was fun. We were close enough to the outlet mall to walk to Starbucks in the morning for coffee. Very nice. You have direct access out the back gate with your room card. This was our first stay with HGVC, and it was a short notice trip, but booking was easy. I would stay at Tuscany again.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually staying at bonnet creek right now (wyndham side)....this resort is ridiculously large and crowded but very nice! id certainly stay here again!

free parking and extremely close to the disney parks (can look out the balcony and stare at the epcot dome), plus if you are high enough and facing the right direction you get a free fireworks show every evening!

freewill

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Hilton Bonnet Creek (across the street from the Wyndham Grand & Wyndham Bonnet Creek) is also very nice as hotel properties go (great lazy river pool for a hotel). Especially for those with HHonors points, it's a good alternative to consider for trips or nights when you don't need or want the extra room and amenities that you get with larger timeshare units.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
Once you get to Disney Springs parking is free and can use Free Disney Transportation to anywhere in park

Mauimama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali
Recently stayed at Tuscany and Sea World. Recommend both very highly.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Orlando for Christmas which resort is the closest to Disney?? What resorts you think is the best??

Tuscany is nice and kinda a close to Disney. Depended on the time of the day the traffic can be a problem and might extend your travel time. I would guess this goes for the other resorts as well.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The Hilton Bonnet Creek (across the street from the Wyndham Grand & Wyndham Bonnet Creek) is also very nice as hotel properties go (great lazy river pool for a hotel). Especially for those with HHonors points, it's a good alternative to consider for trips or nights when you don't need or want the extra room and amenities that you get with larger timeshare units.

I will second that recommendation. The Hilton Bonnet Creek is a great hotel, I stayed there for a work convention. The rooms are typical for a hotel, so may be challenging for a family.