• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Caribbean resorts for Christmas Vacation?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
We are hoping to plan a Christmas Vacation to the Caribbean next year. We are open to timeshares or a non-timeshare resort. We of course want great weather and a beach but we want some activities too. Any suggestions?

We are a group of 15 people (a couple in their 80s, a few in their 50s and a bunch in there late teens early 20s).

Thank you in advance.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Depends on budget, among other things. Harborside at Atlantis is fabulous, but very pricey to rent, and impossible to exchange for Christmas. You will need at least two 2-bedroom lockoff units. But I am biased, since I own a Christmas week there.

Aruba is very popular too, but a longer flight and fewer activities other than the beach.

Check out USVI, it's great, but again expensive.

St. Kitts is cheaper, but the beach is not the best.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aruba is very popular too, but a longer flight and fewer activities other than the beach.

+1 for Aruba; we're here now. We've been to the Bahamas and think there are more things to do in Aruba and it's probably safer at night than the Bahamas.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hands down Aruba because of the guaranteed weather. We have done the Bahamas in December and the temperature was about 60 degrees.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have traveled a lot all over the Caribbean for the past 25 years. My favorite locations are St John and St Vincent and the Grenadines but these might not be as accessible or affordable for a large group trip. A great place to consider is Grand Cayman. I have only stayed at Grand Cayman in a hotel on seven mile beach, not in a timeshare yet but it is on my radar to go again. I see many inexpensive Getaways and exchanges through II to Morritt’s and the higher end resorts like Morritt’s Grand look nice.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hands down Aruba because of the guaranteed weather. We have done the Bahamas in December and the temperature was about 60 degrees.
The temp is huge.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Depends on budget, among other things. Harborside at Atlantis is fabulous, but very pricey to rent, and impossible to exchange for Christmas. You will need at least two 2-bedroom lockoff units. But I am biased, since I own a Christmas week there.

Check out USVI, it's great, but again expensive.

St. Kitts is cheaper, but the beach is not the best.
I was thinking Harborside but fear the temp could be off. Aruba and USVI are in research mode.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

+1 for Aruba; we're here now. We've been to the Bahamas and think there are more things to do in Aruba and it's probably safer at night than the Bahamas.
Any suggestions for Aruba - I’m thinking the Marriott?

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you like. If you like the mega resorts, then either Marriott Surf Club or Ocean Club. If you like smaller resorts, maybe La Cabana or one of the Divis. I'd stay away from the RIU; we're here now and are not impressed at all.