• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Benjamintimeshares

joanncanary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this seller? I don't see very many reviews for timeshare sales. Watching a wyndham sale he has.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I've never bought from this seller and personally would not bid on his auctions.

Much has been said about different eBay sellers and the two things that will keep me away from this one is the fact that he uses the "private auction" option. There is absolutely no reason for someone selling timeshares to use this.

The second reason is that he only accepts checks and if the auctions are over $500, escrow. Well, escrow to who and how can that be paid?

I'm sticking with sellers who accept credit cards and don't hide behind the "private auction."

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Thank you. That is what I was thinking. I will have to keep looking for what I want

Please don't just take my word for it. Many here do business with companies that use the private listings and those that don't take credit cards.

Check around for other's opinion, especially if they have a unit you want that you can't find elsewhere. There are plenty of threads discussing the various ways that the eBay sellers do things differently.

Many people here don't agree with my opinions which is great, they are my opinions and what works for me.

Check out some of the other companies listed in this forum for some comparisons.

What I'm trying to say is don't give up on them because of what I would do or not do, get other input.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted seller regarding a timeshare listed that has a special assessment due.

Has anyone heard of this seller? I don't see very many reviews for timeshare sales. Watching a wyndham sale he has.

The SA was not mentioned in the listing. I'm not interested in the property, but own at the resort and know that the SA is due July 1, which is over $1000. He didn't know anything about it, and asked where I got my information from. I shared with him the details. He responded back that the owner would take care of the SA.

Although I have bought from the sellers with private auctions, that don't accept credit cards, etc.; I have been very fortunate with them and so far everything has been completed as it should, although I'm still dealing with the 2014 usage for one. If I bid on any more auctions, it won't be with those that won't accept credit card payments. There's just very little to no recourse when it's a cash deal and if things don't go as they should. I'm wary that my luck may run out and the stress and wondering just isn't worth it anymore for me. I recently bought a couple of timeshares from one of these resellers that had listed a unit on TUG. I was excited because this reseller used a closing company that I have utilized for dozens of closings over the years. I also bought another timeshare through her right after that. Both of these transactions have been the "pits". Because a reputable closing company was handling it with legitimate escrow, I requested the return of my funds back in full for one because of the many issues, lack of communication and, in the end, not completing the transaction in a timely manner as stated in the contract. The other, has been a problem also. I'm about ready to walk on this one also. I'm not being unreasonable either in my expectations. Usage and undisclosed fees seem to have been a problem with both of these.

If these transactions had been through a reseller utilizing their own closing company with their own "escrow", I would have most likely been out of luck and money.

There's just too many timeshares available for resale to worry with these headaches anymore. :wall:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience was very good

I purchased a large Smokies contract from this seller and everything went very well. At the time, the listings still said they would not collect any fees for timeshares under $5,000, and even though they later updated the wording to $500, they were okay with me waiting until after the timeshare had transferred to pay.

They were easy to reach, kept me informed, and followed up. The experience was top-notch and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. In fact they have one I'm looking at now, but I think it's going to go too high for me.

If you want additional details, feel free to PM me.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: Recently bought from Chris at Benjamin Timeshares

Quick transaction with separate closing company (recommended on TUG and used personally many times) and separate escrows. It was closed and transferred quick enough that I was actually able to provide feedback on eBay for this seller since it was finalized prior to the 60 day cut-off for leaving feedback.

I would definitely purchase from this seller again. Good communication. The legitimately separate closing company and escrow made things great for me, as well as the timely turnaround on the transaction.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased on March 30,2016. And we are still waiting for this to wrap up. It's taking too long. If they drag their feet much longer will tell them no thanks:(
Don't care if they post a negative feed back on EBay or not.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We purchased on March 30,2016. And we are still waiting for this to wrap up. It's taking too long. If they drag their feet much longer will tell them no thanks:(
Don't care if they post a negative feed back on EBay or not.

You are not even at 40 days. Per their auctions:
The transfer process can take anywhere between 12-20 weeks to complete, and will not be completed any sooner than 3 months.
and
OUR GUARANTEE
We GUARANTEE that we will deliver you a clear and marketable title (or membership when applicable) to the property purchased in this auction within 180 days. If title (or membership when applicable) is not conveyed within 180 days you may cancel the entire transaction in exchange for a full purchase price + 10% refund. In addition if there is an encumbrance on the title, you may return the real property and receive a full (100%) refund.

There are a few ebay companies that can get it done most of the time in under 30 days but that is usually the ones that have a deed already prepared and signed just waiting to add the name of the transferee. Even those companies run into snags and delays caused by management companies.

If you have had all of your other properties close in less than 45 days you have been VERY lucky.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my properties have closed within 45 days.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It's really unusual for timeshares to close in 45 days. It is a multi-step process, and the seller doesn't have any control over some of them:

1. Sign contract
2. Pay
3. Closing company prepares new deed and sends it to county recording office
4. County recorders office records the deed and returns recorded copies to closing company
5. Closing company sends a copy of the recorded deed to YOU, and to the resort title office
6. Resort title office registers the new deed in your name - this can take weeks/months, depending on resort. My last purchase sat in Wyndham's title office for 2 mos.

-What timeshare are you buying?

-What step are you on in the process above?

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like Bigrob I've had several good experiences with Benjamin timeshares. In fact I won one of their auctions yesterday. I look for their stuff now

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I won one of their auctions in early April. Deed still has not been prepped. Seems slow to me. They said they are behind.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
My must recent purchase is being handled by a third party closing company. LT transfers

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My must recent purchase is being handled by a third party closing company. LT transfers
I would imagine you asked and offered to pay for the LT Closing?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would imagine you asked and offered to pay for the LT Closing?

No that was Benjamin's choice and they are paying for the closing My money is being held in LTT's lawyers escrow account... again their choice

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
interesting.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's really unusual for timeshares to close in 45 days.[/B]

My record closing on a PCC purchase was 8 days from auction won to resort transfer confirmation. On the other end of the spectrum I had a purchase from the same PCC take 9 months.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long before they request payment? Paperwork and IDs are in but they haven't requested payment yet.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of my properties have closed within 45 days.

I've had most of my timeshares close in 45 days and had some that closed in 14 days. None of these required first right of refusals and they were simple transactions. Also, the closing companies recorded the deeds electronically so that part was instantaneous and didn't have to wait on the post office.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, digging this up...

I found a seller who had changed his name from Benjamintimeshares3. Could it be the same group or someone trading on someone else's name?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unsure on that one. I purchased a timeshare from them that closed just last month. They did have a web site at https://benjamintimeshares.com/ that no longer seems to be working. I have an email address for them that I will try to send an email to...

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unsure on that one. I purchased a timeshare from them that closed just last month. They did have a web site at https://benjamintimeshares.com/ that no longer seems to be working. I have an email address for them that I will try to send an email to...

I went back and I was looking at some of their auctions that recently sold. They changed their name from benjamintimeshares3 to onedollartimeshares and as of late, the timeshares are all BIN for $1.

Benjamintimeshares used to have the verbiage that you could only purchase 10 timeshares from them and that exact verbiage is on some of their new sold listings.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/onedollarti...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

It says that they have been a member since November. My sale with Benjamintimeshares (without the 3) was in May.