• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Believe it or not - I went to a Wyndham Sales Presentation

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Decided to go to owner meeting at ocean blvd myrtle beach. The only package they are selling is 400 CWA and 700 CWA. All I can recall is 100 thousand to purchase lol. Salesman said they pushing everyone toward VIP. It's hurts to see them trying to take advantage of older people. I meet an owner who told me until they do right by me and my reservations don't offer me anything!!!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I think the Seawatch Plantation Sales office also is over Westwinds, Ocean Blvd, and Towers on the grove. It is even more interesting that only CWA was offered.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Well to be honest I didn't even ask. I know last year it was CWA that they offered. All I heard is 100k. After that the conversation was over

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We're at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation in Myrtle Beach, leaving today. The beach north of this resort includes a mile or so of nearly deserted beachfront, and there were always plenty of poolside lounge chairs available. Everything has been clean and nice. The room has been beautifully refurbished since our last visit and we really like it.

Anyway, the parking tag lady told us that with the new CEO, they are "not bothering long time owners who are satisfied with how many points they own" but the owner update "just shows you how you can use the new website to pick out your room, get your ARP reservations, and use your Wyndham Rewards for vacation resort stays - all new features." What she neglected to say to us is that doing these things would involve swapping out our ownership for a CWA contract at a hefty upgrade cost. No thanks. We unplugged the room phones on arrival so I have no idea whether they called to try again.

To their credit, the front desk rep asked for our cell phone number, "only in case of emergency". I hesitated but did give it to her. No one called, not for sales or anything. It was a lovely long weekend here at the beach! We really enjoy the Wyndham resorts very much.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 cell phones ... a minute phone which I did not set up voice mail on' while the other is my contract phone with VM. For $7 a month, I can put a cell number (suggesting TEXT ME) on Craigslist ads, signs in buildings and to people who INSIST they must have my cell number. I keep the contact list updated ... using part of the first part of contact name as "DNA" followed by the name .. DNA is "do not answer". Oh, I do NOT answer that phone UNLESS I want to.

Cell phones can become electronic leashes ... interrupting your sleep, meals, family time, vacations plus when you are working on something YOU knew to get down and someone else doesn't care WHAT or WHERE you are busy on.

The Hangtag staff gets my $7 cell phone number ... which is off more hours on vacation than it is on.

PS My charger for the "minute phone" is far away from my bedroom ... my family has the phone number I can be reached at 24/7.

slabeaume

Reaction score
Thanks. Sorry you had to take the 30 minute drive. Two years ago we attended the Wyndham Sales Pitch at Bali Hai. We got out in less than 45 minutes. My oldest son and DIL were with us. We only went so they could get discounts on 3 activities. Of course the $150 Amex helped. The first person knew nothing. After about 20 minutes her Supervisor joined us and he knew only a bit more. We got out so quickly because the day before one of the older Salesmen had a major heart attacked and died on the Salesroom Floor. The Salesroom Staff was a bit depressed. Sorry for his Family. Happy about the short period of time.

We actually like staying there for easy access to the North of the Island. We usually spend 2 to 3 weeks on Kauai. We split the stay between Princeville and then the Koloa/Poipu area. When we stay up north we do Kapa'a to Ke'e Beach. Then when we stay in the Koloa/Poipu area we do Lihue to Waimea.

We had gone to the presentation the day the salesman died. They had tried to call us to cancel our presentation, but we didn't get the message. They just gave us our $150 debit card and sent us on our way. Sad circumstances, but quickest we ever got out of a presentation. Never even sat down. I'm surprised they weren't closed.

Seeking439

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Kauai Beach Villas, and at check-in we discovered that currently, the only way to (legally) use the hotel swimming pool on the same property is to attend a sales presentation and receive "golden" arm bands. Yes - it really is gold! We also receive a $100 AMEX gift card.

View attachment 4452

I have to admit, I was also curious to see what the Wyndham sales presentations sounded like these days.

-The "concierge" at the KBV office told us the "owner's update" would only be 45 min.
-On the form we had to sign for the presentation, she wrote 60 min.
-The presentation was actually 90 min.

The presentation was at the Bali Hai resort in Princeville, which is lovely, but it's in-land and it "feels" like a densely populated condo property - not a Hawaii resort.

Some amusing highlights:

We presented ourselves as low income retirees who didn't know much about timesharing and stated upfront that we were there to sell back some of our timeshares to Wyndham, because we were struggling to pay the MF's since retiring. We repeated this half a dozen times, and asked each new sales person if Wyndham would buy them back. I didn't admit that I knew anything about timeshares.

We saw 3 people:

-Our sales person - probably newish on the job.
-Her supervisor - had been in the business for years - had a lot of forced "Rah Rah" including awkward touching, high fiving, and loud exclamations of "BOOM!" after he made a point.
-The closer - an elderly lady who offered us a trial pkg. and lead us to the gift desk in 10 min. She also gave kind advice about how to rent our timeshares to cover our maintenance fees.

First there was a rather long presentation about the close relationship between Wyndham and Pahio and how the original developer carefully hand picked Wyndham to hand his precious resorts over to.

Then there was a rather confusing review of all the Wyndham benefits. Even as someone who is familier with timeshares, this was confusing to me, and I'm not sure if the sales person was just not very good, or if they were trying to baffle us with BS.

Then her supervisor came in with copies of our deed info and stated that only 6 of our 7 weeks were eligible for Wyndham, because we only bought 6 of the 7 deeds directly from Pahio. (Actually, we bought all of them on the resale market for pennies on the dollar, or free.)

He also congratulated us with great (fake) enthusiasm for owning timeshares worth over $400K. (While at the same time stating that they had absolutely no interest in buying back any of our valuable weeks! Which we knew, of course.) With great joy he informed us that this qualified us for the highest elite status with Wyndham, which every Wyndham owner coveted, and gushed about our good fortune.

I didn't write numbers down, but to convert all 6 deeds to [Wyndham] points they wanted us to buy a Bali Hai deed for about $22K. They told us this was an extra special deal available on a foreclosure, that only was available that day and not to tell anyone. Plus a conversion fee of about $1,500 per week. (And I think there was one other fee?)

They GUARANTEED that -

-We would have the exact same ability to make home resort reservations at KBV at 16 mos. (not true)
-We would always have first choice of RCI exchanges before other RCI members.
-We would always be able to make Wyndham reservations for 50% of the required points.
-We would always be upgraded.

I actually reviewed these promises with them (knowing they were untrue) to see if they would double down on them, and they did.

After we clearly stated that we couldn't afford to take on anything else, and actually wanted to down-size, they briefly offered us a much smaller pkg., and then a trial pkg., which we also refused.

Overall, as presentations go, it wasn't bad. They were not rude or unprofessional, although, they lied, of course. :p

Going to a Bali Hai update on Monday. I’ll be interested to compare notes Denise. Thanks for your great insights. Can you pls clarify though: I understood that if you convert to Wyndham, that you do still retain the ability to book home resort reservations 16 months early! We currently have a Bali Hai (2BR) and 2 Ka EoKai (2BR kick off) which we’ve owned for many yrs. We stay annually at Ka EoKai and usually trade the BH. In the past they’ve tempted by saying buy a small package, convert everything and end up Platinum. Then, the sun will shine, unicorns will emerge, etc. etc. Thanks for all the information.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Another poster who actually converted to Wyndham points said they were no longer able to book at 16 months, they had to book with points, and I was going by that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to a Bali Hai update on Monday. I’ll be interested to compare notes Denise. Thanks for your great insights. Can you pls clarify though: I understood that if you convert to Wyndham, that you do still retain the ability to book home resort reservations 16 months early! We currently have a Bali Hai (2BR) and 2 Ka EoKai (2BR kick off) which we’ve owned for many yrs. We stay annually at Ka EoKai and usually trade the BH. In the past they’ve tempted by saying buy a small package, convert everything and end up Platinum. Then, the sun will shine, unicorns will emerge, etc. etc. Thanks for all the information.
Converted weeks can book at 13 months

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum should also get 2 ARP/RARP reservations at most Wyndham Club Plus Resorts.

Picker57

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Platinum should also get 2 ARP/RARP reservations at most Wyndham Club Plus Resorts.
Just read the thread when the TUG notice showed up in my email. Amazing timing, as we'd just walked in the door from a presentation, this one at Kona Coast Resort (Big Island). Once again, the presenter was gushy and pleasant....until she finally realized we were NOT interested in more points (we're Shell owners). I agree, a lot of the other stuff got pretty confusing, at least for me, regarding different benefits from Wyndham, how you save money by buying more (uhh.........), etc. And, again, no response when we asked about buybacks, Ovation, etc.
Question: We've now attended several presentations in a row, each time we're here on Big Island, and have used the stuff on the discount card (used to be called Diamond Card) quite a bit. Do they rescind the discount sheet after several "no sale" visits?
As the song goes, "Can't..Stop..Thinkin' About Tomorrow".

Cheers,
Zach

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read the thread when the TUG notice showed up in my email. Amazing timing, as we'd just walked in the door from a presentation, this one at Kona Coast Resort (Big Island). Once again, the presenter was gushy and pleasant....until she finally realized we were NOT interested in more points (we're Shell owners). I agree, a lot of the other stuff got pretty confusing, at least for me, regarding different benefits from Wyndham, how you save money by buying more (uhh.........), etc. And, again, no response when we asked about buybacks, Ovation, etc.
Question: We've now attended several presentations in a row, each time we're here on Big Island, and have used the stuff on the discount card (used to be called Diamond Card) quite a bit. Do they rescind the discount sheet after several "no sale" visits?
As the song goes, "Can't..Stop..Thinkin' About Tomorrow".

Cheers,
Zach

OK, here's another question: Have any Shell owners seen a benefit in buying more points via the Wyndham proposals? Does it really open up all the Wyndham properties (saleslady kept talking about 'flexibility')? If so, are Wyndham properties visible on any Points Charts? Has the Wyndham stuff affected costs?
Sorry, I guess that's more than one question. Thanks for any observations you can share.

--------------Zach

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer(s) depend and may vary somewhat on what Wyndham's proposals are. Are the offer(s) for membership in Club Wyndham Plus, Club Wyndham Access, Worldmark, etc. All Wyndham properties do not march to the same drummer. If it is Club Wyndham Plus/Access and the Shell deeds are traded to Wyndham, then access to more properties in these clubs would be greater. If you keep the Shell deeds and just do a new purchase, I do not know. Betters answers may be forthcoming with the info on what Wyndham is offering.

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer(s) depend and may vary somewhat on what Wyndham's proposals are. Are the offer(s) for membership in Club Wyndham Plus, Club Wyndham Access, Worldmark, etc. All Wyndham properties do not march to the same drummer. If it is Club Wyndham Plus/Access and the Shell deeds are traded to Wyndham, then access to more properties in these clubs would be greater. If you keep the Shell deeds and just do a new purchase, I do not know. Betters answers may be forthcoming with the info on what Wyndham is offering.
I'm think it was the latter, though not positive. I was damn near getting vertigo from trying to keep up with the different options/promotions/benefits, ad nauseum she was presenting. But I think she was keeping it to the minimum involvement.
ZK

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
I dont think we will go back - I was kind of entertained by the whole thing, but DH despises sales presentations! We carefully preserved the armbands to use next time. ;)
Aloha Denise,
We checked into KBV yesterday for 3 weeks and did the Bali Hai presentation today for the arm bands and the $100. Got out in 45 minutes. Given the flimsy paper and the adhesive they're made of, I'm curious how you were able to wear the bands, take them off and put them back on and have enough substance left to preserve. I have a plan and will share details if successful, but would appreciate knowing what you did first. (I'm considering laminating with clear packing tape).
Mahalo,
Jack

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Jack - We actually never put the armbands on. When we went over to the hotel pool, I carried them in my bag, in case we were ever asked for them, but we were never asked. The idea of laminating them with clear packing tape is really good - please let me know how it works. AND - have a great trip!