• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bedbug treatment in progress??

peppymom03

Reaction score
A villa in our building has an orange sign on the door saying caution hot work being done. It said something about fire danger. My brain jumps to bedbug treatment. Could this be and if so how far di bedbugs travel?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what google gives me.

Hot work. Expanding on OSHA's definition, hot work means welding, brazing, cutting, soldering, thawing pipes, using heat guns, torch applied roofing and chipping operations, or the use of spark-producing power tools, such as drilling or grinding.

Hot work is any process that can be a source of ignition when flammable material is present or can be a fire hazard regardless of the presence of flammable material in the workplace. Common hot work processes are welding, soldering, cutting and brazing.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Well, I suppose......if that's the only way to kill 'em.

Also, as to how far they travel......I've heard it can be great distances,
but it really depends on where the plane is going.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
A villa in our building has an orange sign on the door saying caution hot work being done. It said something about fire danger. My brain jumps to bedbug treatment. Could this be and if so how far di bedbugs travel?

What resort are you at? Just curious...

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
If it’s for bedbugs it is good they are doing it right.

Bedbugs can be anywhere. You can go to a restaurant, movie theatre, bus ride, etc and can bring one home.

I experienced bedbugs once at a timeshare. They immediately reacted. Management pulled the sheets, lifted the mattress in front of us to see how bad. We didn’t see others but we immediately had to leave with only our electronics. They took a change of clothes to wash for us, inspected us to make sure none were on us and moved us to a suite. We were in a studio. The professionals came and heated the whole room, clean our clothes, etc. They told us it maybe was two weeks there by what they saw, yes there were more. We didn’t have our things until the next day.

We found out as my husband was taking a nap and I was on the patio. He felt something bite him, swatted it and called me, he thought it was a tick. I knew what it was.

This totally freaked me out, not my husband, but what is the alternative, stay home and go no where and still there is a risk.

As I look at it, there are bedbugs probably at all resorts one time or another. It is what they do to prevent and remedy the situation. Where I was handled it the best way they could.

Prior to this happening my pest control contract at home had bedbug coverage. I did call them when this happened to see if it was handled right.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
The professionals came and heated the whole room, clean our clothes, etc. They told us it maybe was two weeks there by what they saw, yes there were more.

Ugh! So sorry about your experience, but I know you are right that the critters can be just about ANY where! :eek:

I know at WDW, they have bedbug sniffing dogs and if they find them, they do exactly as you describe. They heat the stuffin's out of everything in the room! :thumbup:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone gave me a gift of some sort of bedbug repel spray because of the traveling we do. It was suppose to stop them from biting you if you happen to have them in your room. No thanks, I would prefer to be bitten so I know they are there and not bring them home with me.

Panina - I'm impressed with how the resort dealt with your encounter. Certainly a disruption to your trip, but much better than bringing them home.