• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club Waikoloa EVEN- can convert to 4800 HGVC points

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1 Bedroom Penthouse Bay Club Waikoloa, floats Week 1 - Week 50. Penthouse in this case means if you are using it for Home Resort use, you should be on the TOP floor, other than that, nothing more deluxe than any other unit. Or it can be enrolled upon transfer, into the HGVC system, and you will receive 4800 points every EVEN year.

MF due in use year only, in 2018 it was roughly $1,200. There is also a yearly membership fee due if you convert to points, of around $160. That was paid for 2019, but I don't believe the fee would transfer to the new owner, so the fee for 2019 would probably be due for the new owner as well, because I think that is individual to each membership.

Anyway, YOU pick and pay for closing company and/or any title insurance if you so desire. This is a Hawaii deed, so there may be special requirements that the transfer company SHOULD know about when you talk to them.

There is also a HGVC resort transfer fee, I believe $560 or so, and there may be a membership fee to pay of $399, you will be responsible for that as well. I am not entirely sure on what the difference between the transfer fee and the membership fee is and how they determine which ones to charge. I am not sure if that applies only if you want to enroll in HGVC points, or not, maybe someone can comment. I think if you have NO plans to enroll into HGVC the transfer is cheaper, but then you are limited to home resort usage or straight weekly spacebank use in RCI.

Any questions, please ask below. Thanks

Last edited:

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
the membership fee is to enroll in the hgvc points program. The transfer fee is changing the deed.
Very nice offer for someone.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the membership fee is to enroll in the hgvc points program. The transfer fee is changing the deed.
Very nice offer for someone.
Awesome thanks for clarifying that

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
wish i could use this :( what kind of view is this? Does it rent well?

Last edited:

Brian_F

Reaction score
I just got one of these off of eBay. There was a $50 Bay Club transfer fee. If you enroll in HGVC $399 enrollment fee + $176 Club Dues. I also paid $199 closing cost. So a little over $800 in all. Most of that was HGVC so if you just want the Bay Club every other year shouldn’t be but around $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wanderwoman

Reaction score
I just got one of these off of eBay. There was a $50 Bay Club transfer fee. If you enroll in HGVC $399 enrollment fee + $176 Club Dues. I also paid $199 closing cost. So a little over $800 in all. Most of that was HGVC so if you just want the Bay Club every other year shouldn’t be but around $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on title/closing company? Thanks

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Being held for Wanderwoman

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four months have gone by with no further contact from wanderwoman. Is anyone else interested in taking this offer?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unit is claimed and one person as back up also.