TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Bank and borrow

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Bao Nguyen, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Bao Nguyen

Bao Nguyen Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Villa Del Palmar
    Hi, I have 2000 points left for 2018, do i need to pay $99 to bank for next year? I'm planning to book September this year for summer 2019. thinking borrow 7000 point from 2020 as well. I can't book for next year till I pay $99 for bank the 2000 point right?

2000 2018
    7000 2019
    7000 2020

Thank you!

2. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    That is correct, if you try to book a 2019 reservation it will use 2019 points and offer to borrow from 2020 if its over 7,000 points. If you want to use the 2018 points they have to be Saved into 2019 for a fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bao Nguyen likes this.
  3. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    P.S. It's now $109

Bao Nguyen likes this.
  4. Bao Nguyen

Bao Nguyen Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Villa Del Palmar
    Thanks!

5. Denise L

Denise L Tug Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Starwood, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
    Question about borrowing points: If I want to make a 2019 RCI reservation at the end of 2018 and only have 800 current HGVC points, will I need to prepay my 2019 HGVC dues before I can complete the RCI reservation?

And does anyone know how to tell RCI to use my Elara points vs. another HGVC contract? I only have one contract now, but plan to purchase a W57 one the near future, and wouldn't necessarily want those points pulled for an RCI exchange.

6. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    You do not need to prepay dues for RCI bookings, whenever they may be. The system allows you to use currents points and the next 2 years' points. You can see the total allotment when you click details on the landing page. They'll deduct your points in this order -- 2018, 2019, 2020. The deduction is done manually, so check it. BTW, saved points (exp 12/31/18) cannot be used for future-years' stay unless you deposit them to RCI.

There is no way to tell them which points to use. However, if you have points you want to keep in reserve, you can make a dummy HGVC reservation which uses those points, then make the RCI reservation you want with the remaining points, then go back and either change or cancel the dummy reservation.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018 at 9:15 AM
  7. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks for the reply! That dummy reservation is certainly an annoying workaround, but it's good to have a workaround at all, and as long as the all-inclusive option is in place with a W57 purchase, then I guess I have nothing to lose since there are no reservation or cancellation fees if I cancel outside of 30 days. So if I close on a W57 contract before I have to book my RCI nights, and if the contract comes with 5250 of the 2018 points, I will need to book some random dummy week at W57 or anywhere for that amount of points, book my RCI nights, and then maybe wait two days for the RCI reservation to deduct the HGVC points before I cancel my dummy week?

8. brp

brp TUG Member

One thing to be clear about is that there is a yearly fee associated with this. I think it's about $129, and it is optional. With this fee, all reservations/cancellations have no additional fee. And only By Hilton Club owners even have this option.

Cheers.

Denise L and janckenn like this.
  9. Denise L

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks for the reminder. Yes, I am actually looking forward to this paid option. Those $65 booking fees add up quickly!

10. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    So does it apply to all their reservations or just the ones that use the BHC points?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. brp

brp TUG Member

It applies to all. Another of the non-reciprocal perks that benefits BHC.

Cheers.