• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Baja Point at Westin Los Cabos - I'm here

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone has questions, feel free to post. I'm halfway through a week's stay in a 3bd villa. Happy to try and answer anything while I'm here.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
If anyone has questions, feel free to post. I'm halfway through a week's stay in a 3bd villa. Happy to try and answer anything while I'm here.

Hi, thanks for the Q&A offer.
My questions are:
1. Do you have access to the Westin Los Cabos resort amenities next door? but not vice versa?
2. Are you there on an exchange, or are you an owner?
3. Is there AI? and is it optional?
4. If you've seen the Westin Los Cabos villas, which do you prefer Los Cabos or Baja Point? and why...

We're looking forward to our November stay at Westin Los Cabos.
I had a chance at one point to e-plus exchange into Baja point, but didn't, since I had never been to either.

thx again.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the Q&A offer.
My questions are:
1. Do you have access to the Westin Los Cabos resort amenities next door? but not vice versa?
2. Are you there on an exchange, or are you an owner?
3. Is there AI? and is it optional?
4. If you've seen the Westin Los Cabos villas, which do you prefer Los Cabos or Baja Point? and why...

We're looking forward to our November stay at Westin Los Cabos.
I had a chance at one point to e-plus exchange into Baja point, but didn't, since I had never been to either.

thx again.
1. Yes, full access to the Westin, my understanding is they do not have access to the Baja Point.
2. On an exchange, via II Accommodation Certificate.
3. There is not even an option for AI as far as I know.
4. I have not seen the Westin villas in person. In pictures they looked really nice, as they have recently been remodeled. My comments as far as the villas here at Baja Point. Very nice and comfortable, climate control is no issues whatsoever. Overall, I am quite satisfied, but I do have two issues. First, a lot of furnishings breaking. Maybe just bad like, but we've had a ceiling leak in the bathroom, a bed break (literally a bed leg snapped and the bed slid down sideways), towel holder broke off the wall, sink handle coming apart. Second, we have a three bedroom villa, which is essentially a one bedroom with two connected studios. The kitchen/dining area is great for the one bedroom, but with three bedrooms worth of people it's a bit tight.

Overall, I'm happy with it and would certainly stay again, but reading reviews made it sound like the greatest place ever and I don't think that's accurate.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow! With an AC! How long ago did you book before the check-in date?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yikes! Hope they get those rooms up to the Westin standard pretty quick!

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I’m checking in Sunday! We have been watching the weather reports closely. Is everything okay with the storm?

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m checking in Sunday! We have been watching the weather reports closely. Is everything okay with the storm?
I think you'll be fine. The weather is rather unpleasant, but not to the point where its scary. Today has been the worse hit, rain and wind all day. Scattered rain yesterday. Some standing water on public walkways, but no in-room flooding. Weather should clear up by midday tomorrow. I'll report back if anything seems to be shut down once the bad weather is gone. They've made a lot of preparations around the facility, but it seems to be in an abundance of caution.

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
We have a 2-week 2 BR reservation at Diamond Los Cabos for November, and wonder what arrangements there are for $ to Peso exchange in the area, and whether one even needs pesos to enjoy the stay. What tours do you recommend? This will be our first time in Cabo. (Neither of us are fishermen). Thanks in advance!

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
We left yesterday...all sunshine. I was impressed with how quickly things dried out. A few big puddles in Cabo and a bit of downed tree branches were all that remained.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We have a 2-week 2 BR reservation at Diamond Los Cabos for November, and wonder what arrangements there are for $ to Peso exchange in the area, and whether one even needs pesos to enjoy the stay. What tours do you recommend? This will be our first time in Cabo. (Neither of us are fishermen). Thanks in advance!
Is the resort where you are staying the Diamond resort called Cabo Azul in San Jose del Cabo? If so, it's a beautiful resort and we really enjoyed our stay there a couple of years ago. We walked over to the Holiday Inn resort which had an ATM in their lobby that was from Santander Bank, I think. That particular bank had an arrangement with Bank of America and didn't charge a foreign transaction fee. We got our pesos at that ATM and it worked out fine.

When we went to get groceries at the Mega store in San Jose and I did notice several ATM's right near the cash registers so that might be an option for you, too. Let me know if you are actually staying at Cabo Azul and I can give you a few more tips for your stay.

Judy Nagaoka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the resort where you are staying the Diamond resort called Cabo Azul in San Jose del Cabo? If so, it's a beautiful resort and we really enjoyed our stay there a couple of years ago. We walked over to the Holiday Inn resort which had an ATM in their lobby that was from Santander Bank, I think. That particular bank had an arrangement with Bank of America and didn't charge a foreign transaction fee. We got our pesos at that ATM and it worked out fine.

When we went to get groceries at the Mega store in San Jose and I did notice several ATM's right near the cash registers so that might be an option for you, too. Let me know if you are actually staying at Cabo Azul and I can give you a few more tips for your stay.
We are staying at Cabo Azul next month. We are looking forward to it. Did you rent a car? If not how did you get around. If you did do you have any advice who we should rent from, how much insurance is? Any other things you can tell us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We are staying at Cabo Azul next month. We are looking forward to it. Did you rent a car? If not how did you get around. If you did do you have any advice who we should rent from, how much insurance is? Any other things you can tell us would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
We didn't rent a car but walked most places around town. We took a taxi back from the grocery store with our purchases. We used the city bus a couple of times.

Since we had been to the town of Cabo San Lucas many times, we didn't go there on this trip. But there's a good bus that will take you there for not much money.