• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Average closing time for resale Wyndham

DEVLISHGRN

Reaction score
Hey,
I am a new member but have been reading incognito for months now. We took a tour at Bonnett Creek in September and said no as advised, but we love the resort and the idea of the timeshare, just not at their cost. After doing all my due diligence and reading all your advice I went all in and got 490k points for $1000 (including closing and transfer fees at Bonnett Creek).

I am just curious, but how long does it actually take for the points to become yours after "closing" with Wyndham? 3 months, 6 months, more? I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeframes are usually tracked after paperwork is received in the Wyndham office and can vary greatly based on their workload. I'm told paperwork is basically kept in bins and removed for processing in the order received. A common processing time is 12-14 weeks. I have one in process at the moment received by Wyndham 12/3/18 and on 1/3/19 I was told it would probably be another 6-8 weeks which would put it around the 12 week mark.

There are the occasional threads created where the current processing time is discussed. You could look for them for background. You can also call Wyndham and enquire if received and expected processing time of yours.

DEVLISHGRN

Reaction score
Timeframes are usually tracked after paperwork is received in the Wyndham office and can vary greatly based on their workload. I'm told paperwork is basically kept in bins and removed for processing in the order received. A common processing time is 12-14 weeks. I have one in process at the moment received by Wyndham 12/3/18 and on 1/3/19 I was told it would probably be another 6-8 weeks which would put it around the 12 week mark.

There are the occasional threads created where the current processing time is discussed. You could look for them for background. You can also call Wyndham and enquire if received and expected processing time of yours.
Thanks!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hey,
I am a new member but have been reading incognito for months now. We took a tour at Bonnett Creek in September and said no as advised, but we love the resort and the idea of the timeshare, just not at their cost. After doing all my due diligence and reading all your advice I went all in and got 490k points for $1000 (including closing and transfer fees at Bonnett Creek).

I am just curious, but how long does it actually take for the points to become yours after "closing" with Wyndham? 3 months, 6 months, more? I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
4 months is Optimistic, however, upto 6 months could be realistic. Wyndham I think is the slowest of all I have dealt with.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Since there are divergent opinions and experiences on this why don't you call Wyndham Title Services for your specific case. If you didn't look it up before the number for Title Services is 800-251-8736 option #2 then option #3. May be helpful to have the name of the prior owner of the points when calling.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 2 transfer before Xmas one took 8 weeks the other 3 weeks. This is from the time Wyndham received paper work and resort transfer fee. LT Transfers usually takes 3-4 weeks on their deed prep and recording of deed. The Wymdham Customer Service rep I talked to stated they were at 5-6 weeks on transfer time.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
4 months is Optimistic, however, upto 6 months could be realistic. Wyndham I think is the slowest of all I have dealt with.
My last one took five weeks, and that was August of last year. I was shocked. Turns out, others are seeing the same thing. To be clear though, that’s five weeks was how long it took Wyndham to do their part. It does not include the time it took the closing company to do their part which was two weeks.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My last one took five weeks, and that was August of last year. I was shocked. Turns out, others are seeing the same thing. To be clear though, that’s five weeks was how long it took Wyndham to do their part. It does not include the time it took the closing company to do their part which was two weeks.
Not quite the same thing. I had two Worldmark accounts. It took them 11 months... Both were already in my name and I was just combining them.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not quite the same thing. I had two Worldmark accounts. It took them 11 months... Both were already in my name and I was just combining them.

A different process that could be handled by different people. Especially since they are WorldMark contracts and not Club Wyndham contracts. He bought a Bonnet Creek contract. Two different systems can easily have two different results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
A different process that could be handled by different people. Especially since they are WorldMark contracts and not Club Wyndham contracts. He bought a Bonnet Creek contract. Two different systems can easily have two different results.

I here what you are saying...

When I purchased my Wyndham contracts a few years back it took right at the 6 months from time $299 fee was paid for transfer.

Worldmark - As stated took 11 months to do my combine. But they actually called me 2 months after they finished apologized for the extended time it took to do and actually gave me my $299 combine fee back via a check they mailed me.

I did (2) RCI points contracts with Vacation Village group of resorts last couple years. Each time took 3 weeks

I have done (2) Hyatt contracts in last two months Each one has taken 14 days.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I here what you are saying...

When I purchased my Wyndham contracts a few years back it took right at the 6 months from time $299 fee was paid for transfer.

Worldmark - As stated took 11 months to do my combine. But they actually called me 2 months after they finished apologized for the extended time it took to do and actually gave me my $299 combine fee back via a check they mailed me.

I did (2) RCI points contracts with Vacation Village group of resorts last couple years. Each time took 3 weeks

I have done (2) Hyatt contracts in last two months Each one has taken 14 days.

The faster transfer times started being reported somewhere around mid last year, so it was recent. In 2016 I got one transferred in 8 weeks, but that was prior to the new system. For the longest time it was taking months and then out of no where, it started going back to the normal turn around times.

My VV contract I bought last year took about two months to transfer once VV got the paperwork. My second VV contract took about 4 weeks once they got the paperwork. In the case of the VV contracts, I wonder if the transfer times has anything to do with the individual resorts. My first one was Williamsburg Plantation. My second was VV at Parkway. My contracts were fixed weeks because they were for PIC, so I’m not sure if points contracts are any different as far as transfer times.

I wish they would all follow Hyatt’s example. :). Then again, Hyatt is a smaller system, so it’s easier to be faster, but still. Lol

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Does Wyndham notify owners when the transfer or title change has been completed by them? In December our title change, adding my sister and me to my dad’s deed, was filed in Hawaii and sent to Wyndham for them to process. Just wondering whether they’ll notify us when they’ve updated their records or we have to call to find out when it’s finished.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Wyndham notify owners when the transfer or title change has been completed by them? In December our title change, adding my sister and me to my dad’s deed, was filed in Hawaii and sent to Wyndham for them to process. Just wondering whether they’ll notify us when they’ve updated their records or we have to call to find out when it’s finished.
Yes you will receive a letter from Wyndham. Last one I had transferred in on 12/17. I received letter from Wyndham acknowledging transfer on 01/10/2019

DEVLISHGRN

Reaction score
I had 2 transfer before Xmas one took 8 weeks the other 3 weeks. This is from the time Wyndham received paper work and resort transfer fee. LT Transfers usually takes 3-4 weeks on their deed prep and recording of deed. The Wymdham Customer Service rep I talked to stated they were at 5-6 weeks on transfer time.

Wow, that's a lot faster. What does LT mean...legal transfer? (I assume it's not Lawrence Taylor).
Thanks
Brian

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Wow, that's a lot faster. What does LT mean...legal transfer? (I assume it's not Lawrence Taylor).
Thanks
Brian

LT Transfers is a closing company many of us have used and are very dependable. They currently charge around $215 so when you see someone charging $550 and even more you should know that those prices are excessive.

LT Transfers
4513 Highway 129N
Cleveland, GA 30528
706-219-2709
readylegal@gmail.com

keninatl3076

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Club Wyndham Access
I bought a WCA contract on eBay back at the end of August, 2018. It has now been over 6 months and I have not yet receiving anything from Wyndham on this purchase. The closing company keeps telling me that Wyndham is running behind. It looks like from others in the posting that they are closing faster than that. The closing company refuses to provide the sellers contract number and name so am I not able to contact Wyndham directly. Does anyone else think that 6 months is too long to wait for the original paperwork to be sent out?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I bought a WCA contract on eBay back at the end of August, 2018. It has now been over 6 months and I have not yet receiving anything from Wyndham on this purchase. The closing company keeps telling me that Wyndham is running behind. It looks like from others in the posting that they are closing faster than that. The closing company refuses to provide the sellers contract number and name so am I not able to contact Wyndham directly. Does anyone else think that 6 months is too long to wait for the original paperwork to be sent out?

Six months is way too long! Who is the seller, an individual or a resale company. My guess is that no one is paying the maintenance fees and Wyndham won't transfer the contract with the maintenance fees in arrears. Do you have any evidence that the closing company even submitted the transfer to Wyndham. Typically if they call, Wyndham will tell them the date they received the paperwork.

CWA is a contract and they are processed a lot faster than deeds. Club Wyndham Select points are deeded at a resort and you are the deed holder. Club Wyndham Access points are a contract with Wyndham for a however many points but you don't actually own anything or have a deed. The points are deeded in Wyndham's name.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m currently waiting on some from October (almost 5 months) while others have come through in just 1 month. Timed from when Wyn confirmed they received documents.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is not to be blamed in this instance. Ounce Wyndham is properly notified of the sale you will receive the transfer paperwork from Wyndham to be signed and notarized by you the buyer within a couple a months. The seller will also receive documents to sign and have notarized.
Ounce the buyer and seller both have returned the executed transfer documents to Wyndham the transfer will be finalized within a couple more months. Roughly 4 months or less from start to end.

As Jan M said something is wrong here like the seller has a loan on the contract or is behind on the maintenance fees.
Please do tell us who the seller is. I would get the contract number so you could call Wyndham Title to see if they’ve been notified to start the transfer. If the eBay seller refuses to give you the contract number I would be demanding a refund.
If you used a credit card, I would be calling the credit card company disputing the payment.

Your looking at least 10 months for transfer and the seller is using Wyndham as an escape goat.
Wyndham is very slow but not to blame here

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m currently waiting on some from October (almost 5 months) while others have come through in just 1 month. Timed from when Wyn confirmed they received documents.
If Title Services tells you that they cannot tell you why it’s taking this long.
That’s because of the privacy policy for the seller.
Title can’t tell you the seller is delinquent on MFs or anything else that is wrong with the sellers contract.
But same as the previous post I would bet it’s an issue that hasn’t been resolved with the seller.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Title Services tells you that they cannot tell you why it’s taking this long.
That’s because of the privacy policy for the seller.
Title can’t tell you the seller is delinquent on MFs or anything else that is wrong with the sellers contract.
But same as the previous post I would bet it’s an issue that hasn’t been resolved with the seller.
I don’t think there are issues. Unfortunately I think it is just a backlog for some reason. I have been told in the past that there is an issue with financial services that the seller has to clear or things like that but now for most I am just told it’s still in process or under further review.
The newest is that Wyn has become super focused on having the license of all sellers and buyers submitted with each transaction.
I also understand Wyn has slowed down even getting estoppel statements out.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s always impossible to see what’s holding up the transfer.
It could be as simple as a couple getting divorced and one is refusing to sign the documents or send in a copy of their drivers lisence.
Simple items but when emotions come into play like getting divorced, some individuals just refuse to do anything for awhile.
Not saying that’s the issue in your case, but if something was missing when the documents were submitted it doesn’t matter when Wyndham received the documents your at a stand still until everything is in Wyndhams hands.
Complete correct documents is a reason why excellent resellers contracts transfer weeks or months quicker than other similar contracts.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Complete correct documents is a reason why excellent resellers contracts transfer weeks or months quicker than other similar contracts.
Agree totally. Some of mine I know are just Wyndham internal issues as they involve the same owner, same seller and same closing company as others that made it through. I wonder if some of the backlog is the increase in ovation contracts?

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! I just purchased one and was told about 60 days.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
That's awesome! I just purchased one and was told about 60 days.

If you bought resale it might take longer than 60 days from the time Wyndham receives the paper work. I think it depends on how busy they are, if it is a holiday time, etc. But who knows, you could get lucky and Wyndham might get it done in 60 days. It is best to expect longer and then be happy if it turns out to be less.