• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching photos to resort reviews

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I added a resort review via the TUG web site. I wanted to add photos of the resort but I keep getting an error message. Is there a trick to this? My photos are larger - 5-6MB - but I thought the requirement to resize photos prior to uploading had been eliminated? I went from Google to Internet Explorer to see if it would work, and it didn't. Clearing cache and restarting my computer also did not work.

Would you mind giving me what the current requirements are for uploading photos in the review section? Any suggestions? Is it required that I send in a written review before I can upload photos?

Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im pretty sure its likely a dimension limit (ie how physically wide and tall the picture is) vs the actual size limit being the problem for this.

a 6meg photograph like that is probably much wider than any regular computer monitor resolution...so while the space certainly isnt an issue (ie the memory size of 5 or 6 mb)...the resolution of the photo is likely the limiting factor in the upload error.

ill have to look and see what the pixel limit is set to for the photo upload, but chances are if its a 6mb photograph you could easily shrink it by 50% in both directions and it would still be VERY large on someones monitor/screen when viewing.

per your last question, you do NOT have to submit a review to upload a photo, you can simply browse to any resort you wish to upload a photo to and upload photos at any time right from the resort page itself (blue link titled Upload Photo)

https://tug2.com/timeshare-resort/d...each-Club-Villas-Lake-Buena-Vista-FL&ID=13520

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
to add to this, we are currently working on a new version of the ratings/reviews pages to leverage new more modern code/technology/etc and im hopeful this will include an auto-resize feature to eliminate most any restrictions for photo uploading as it should shrink larger photos down to usable sizes after you upload them if they are significantly larger than traditional resolutions etc.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked the programs I have on my computer and it doesn't seem I'm able to resize them. Plus, quite frankly, I really don't want to be screwing around doing this on each photo. Modernizing this feature would be helpful.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it can be done very easily using MS paint if you have some that you truly wish to upload to the pages.

To resize the image copy:

1. Right click on the image file in the File Explorer, select Open With, Paint.

2. Select main menu item Image, Stretch/Skew ... Change the Horizontal and Vertical percentages to a percentage less than 100. Keep the percentages equal to preserve the aspect ratio.

3. Select the main menu item File >> Save As to save the resized image.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
alternatively you can likely attach the files here on a post in the forums and they would show up as much smaller ones automatically.