• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Big Cedar

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Elvis

Darn, was hoping you'd see one at one of those Branson "tacky" stores.

:hysterical:

I've stepped foot on the ground in Branson at the Shoji Theater only, Scott. Late Friday afternoon (if I survive the jet ski rental) I'll be stepping foot at Branson Landing and will keep my eyes open. :whoopie:

craftemp

TUG Member
Reaction score
South of the border/ branson

On a scale of one to ten, if South of the Border is a 10 on the tacky scale, how tacky is Branson?

southOfTheBorder1.jpg

Charles

Well if you are comparing Branson to SOUTH OF THE BORDER... Branson gets a ONE :) :rofl: :hysterical:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stepped foot on the ground in Branson at the Shoji Theater only, Scott. Late Friday afternoon (if I survive the jet ski rental) I'll be stepping foot at Branson Landing and will keep my eyes open. :whoopie:

Just make sure the painting is on a black velvet background... nothing else will do!

:)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last day...

I survived the two hour jet ski ride! Kind of a long time to be out on the jet ski as it's a pretty boring lake shore to peruse and arthritic hands/fingers cramp holding the levers. The sun was brutal even between 9 and 11!

Got to do the Lazy River and small outdoor pool off of it.

In to Branson a little later to shop at Branson Landing.

I checked out the two new pools going in between the lodges. The pools themselves are complete and filled with water but there is no decking whatsoever around them. Earth, piles of rocks and construction materials are all around. Looks like it's going to be a really nice pool area though and should help.

We have to leave here around 4 AM tomorrow morning to catch a 6 AM flight in Springfield.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I survived the two hour jet ski ride! Kind of a long time to be out on the jet ski as it's a pretty boring lake shore to peruse and arthritic hands/fingers cramp holding the levers. The sun was brutal even between 9 and 11!

Got to do the Lazy River and small outdoor pool off of it.

In to Branson a little later to shop at Branson Landing.

I checked out the two new pools going in between the lodges. The pools themselves are complete and filled with water but there is no decking whatsoever around them. Earth, piles of rocks and construction materials are all around. Looks like it's going to be a really nice pool area though and should help.

We have to leave here around 4 AM tomorrow morning to catch a 6 AM flight in Springfield.

Glad to see you made it through the jetski experience unscathed, Glynda.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glynda,

I just want to say that I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on your visit to the Branson area. I've found them fun and entertaining to read! :)

Scott

Bill927

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great information. Is one able to request a particular cabin by number when reserving? We are in cabin 2038. No view whatsoever. I can see where the two story 3 bedroom cabin up the hill from me might have a wee view of the lake.

Is the pool you are referring to called "The Swimming Hole?" It's a pool and hot tub and hot pool below that hot tub... on the lawn between the road to the marina and the Buzzard's Bar and pool?

We could see the boats from the deck of the two story 2037 cabin this summer. You can request a particular cabin, but there is no guarantee that you will get it.

I see from another post that you found the double pool that they are constructing up the hill.

I am little surprised that you found the lake boring. If you go south under the bridge into Arkansas, there are beautiful rock formations that line the lake.

One question: We were told that they were installing internet acess in all of the cabins and lodges this summer. Did they install it?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Cedar

No internet. I'm on dial-up through AOL. Great thing about it....we didn't get even one phone call/message requesting we do an owner's update. :D

Darn. We went under the bridge and around just a bit there to try to figure out what the D'Monaco resort is (anybody know?) and to look at that big yacht on the left but then turned around and headed back up past the dam.

I like to look at the back of houses. There aren't that many one can view from the lake given that where we were there are not that many and most are hidden by trees or too far up. The Yamaha jet ski from Bent Hook Marina had an accelerater which reminded me of a brake lever on a mountain bike. So one has to put two fingers on it and pull while manuevering the rest to be able to hold the handle and steer. That begins to hurt quickly! I thought it would be more like our Vespa...turning the handle to accelerate. Still it was fun and I'm feeling quite full of myself for conquering it for even a little while!

What are the lodge floor plans like in comparison to the cabins? How's the soundproofing?

How well does Big Cedar trade in RCI? And does one get more trade power from a cabin than the same size unit in a lodge?

We had another good dinner at the Devil's Pool restaurant. Really liked the trout. The ceasar salad is excellent as is the field green salad. Their blue cheese dressing is great.

Scott, I didn't forget to look for your velvet Elvis! Sorry, buddy, you'll have to visit Memphis to pick up a replacement. I remember seeing them roadside in Mississippi too.

Got to get packed!

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

[IMGL]http://www.prewarbuick.com/img/features/jed_clampetts_buick/b497a2c0.jpg[/IMGL]

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christmas Mountain UDI Timbers
Just came back from Big Cedar yesterday. Even better than what I expected. One of the nicest places I've stayed at. 2 br. cabin gave us all that Wow factor as we stepped inside.

Rented a ski boat at the State Park Marina as suggested here. Big Cedar was booked up. Four hours for $340 with gas, insurance, tube, etc. They even let you swap the tube for skiis at any time, which we did. Kids loved the jump off rock or whatever it was called. Marina warns not go past the bridges and marks it on the map they give you. Mine blew away 5 minutes into the trip, so somehow we ended up on the other side. :)

Went to the lazy river right when they open. Not crowded at that time. Family liked the water/fire show at 8:00PM at Branson Landing. Never really did much in Branson, but went to the downtown a number of times. Really liked the FarmHouse restaurant and of course shopping down the street at Dick's 5&10 which brought back memories of how stores were years ago.

Also liked the fish hatchery at the dam. Tried a little fishing at Scotty's dock to the right of Branson Landing. Was hoping to land one of those 3/4 of a million trout they stock in the river.

Silver Dollar City was a lot of fun. Cave tour was the highlight. Also went to Eureka Springs. Beautiful town. We parked in multiple locations so we never really were walking up hill too much.

Most noteable experience of the trip was how very friendly everyone was.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I so envy the fact that Glynda's mother was willing to let them do things she couldn't do. It doesn't seem like she laid a guilt trip on them for going out and doing things without her and was willing to spend the time alone.
My mother, and my deceased mother in law, don't or didn't operate that way.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back from Big Cedar yesterday. Even better than what I expected. One of the nicest places I've stayed at. 2 br. cabin gave us all that Wow factor as we stepped inside.

Rented a ski boat at the State Park Marina as suggested here. Big Cedar was booked up. Four hours for $340 with gas, insurance, tube, etc. They even let you swap the tube for skiis at any time, which we did. Kids loved the jump off rock or whatever it was called. Marina warns not go past the bridges and marks it on the map they give you. Mine blew away 5 minutes into the trip, so somehow we ended up on the other side. :)

Went to the lazy river right when they open. Not crowded at that time. Family liked the water/fire show at 8:00PM at Branson Landing. Never really did much in Branson, but went to the downtown a number of times. Really liked the FarmHouse restaurant and of course shopping down the street at Dick's 5&10 which brought back memories of how stores were years ago.

Also liked the fish hatchery at the dam. Tried a little fishing at Scotty's dock to the right of Branson Landing. Was hoping to land one of those 3/4 of a million trout they stock in the river.

Silver Dollar City was a lot of fun. Cave tour was the highlight. Also went to Eureka Springs. Beautiful town. We parked in multiple locations so we never really were walking up hill too much.

Willowbrook, were you the CMV owners who played at Ledgestone last week

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score

Willowbrook, were you the CMV owners who played at Ledgestone last week with Don? If so, you met JLB, he phoned Don for you. If not,there were other CMV owners there too!

Willowbrook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christmas Mountain UDI Timbers
No, that wasn't me. I haven't played golf in years, except for mini golf. :)

klisow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading to CMV - cottage question

We're heading to the cottages at CMV for a long weekend. We have not stayed in the cottages forever. Can anyone tell me if they have DVD players yet? or if they still have VCR's? Also, we were thinking of bringing the Wii with us, but are unsure if the t.v.'s have the right type of hook up? We usually just do the boardgame thing, but bring the Wii along as a back up.

Also, does anyone know if there is a good place to pick up coupons or discount tickets to Noah's Ark. I can purchase them online, but if there is a better deal in the Dell's, I will just wait to buy them.

Anything else I should know before we leave?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVD

We're heading to the cottages at CMV for a long weekend. We have not stayed in the cottages forever. Can anyone tell me if they have DVD players yet? or if they still have VCR's? Also, we were thinking of bringing the Wii with us, but are unsure if the t.v.'s have the right type of hook up? We usually just do the boardgame thing, but bring the Wii along as a back up.

Also, does anyone know if there is a good place to pick up coupons or discount tickets to Noah's Ark. I can purchase them online, but if there is a better deal in the Dell's, I will just wait to buy them.

Anything else I should know before we leave?

We had a DVD player in the cabin at Big Cedar.