• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Arunba Restaurants

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know there are tons of restaurants in Aruba but for a first timer would you please recommend a few of your favorites. Casual, upscale or pizza, any and all would be great. Thank you

OOps!!! Just noticed my heading with a typo. (ARUBA)

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably an unusual recommendationfor a Caribbean island, but we loved Chalet Suisse. (We loved Switzerland and its cuisine.) And since it was next door to our timeshare, I think we ended up eating there 3x.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Smokey Joe's Island Grill is popular. We eat there at least once each visit. Sometimes twice. There's also a sister restaurant on the island.

Also checkout Madame Janette's and Casa Tua Pizzeria.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bingo and Pizza Bobs for inexpensive great food.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Pizza Bob's
Salt & Pepper

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone ~ your suggestions are appreciated.

jojotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be late to the party, but I haven't checked on the TUG Boards in a while. We've been to Aruba 10 or 11 times in the last 5 years (lost count, sorry), and it is one of our favorites places to vacation! We try to go for either my birthday or hubby's birthday, and if you mention you are there celebrating a birthday or anniversary, most restaurants provide you with a free dessert. Below is a list of some of our favorite restaurants:

Scott's Brats: We have NEVER missed going here each trip and only go for breakfast. Bloody Mary bar and awesome breakfast burritos - if you like spicy, highly recommend Al's Special.
Bugaloe: We never miss going here either - it's a pier bar with the most delicious/large/fresh salads (Goat Cheese Salad my favorite). Fun/noisy atmosphere with karaoke and live bands.
Terraza Italiana: Delicious pizza and probably the cheapest meal we ate "out" the entire week - heard by fellow diners that ALL of their Italian food is delicious and made from family recipes.
Ristorante Italiano Italy in the World: Seriously delicious food in the most intimate setting - tiny restaurant so make a reservation. Owner (Mauro?) pairs your wine with your meal. Recommend!
PureOcean Beachside Dining: Located at the Divi Phoenix and one of the cheapest toes-in-the-sand oceanfront romantic dinners (this experience is many more $$$ at other restaurants).
Giannis: Great Italian food - the Spaghetti al Formaggio Parmigiano is delicious and feeds at least 3 people (very fun experience).
Azzurro: Same restaurant chain as Giannis so you can get the above spaghetti dish at this location, and it comes with GREAT ocean/sunset views.
Pinchos Bar and Grill: Best seafood bisque ever (served with delicious rolls). I should have shared a meal with my husband as the portions are large (wasted leftovers). Great sunset views.

I am sure there are more, but those are the ones that first came to mind :) Best of luck on your trip - and enjoy Aruba!