• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Car Rentals Any Updates for Best Rentals/Prices?

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We've been going to the Surb Club for years and have used Alamo since 2005. My rental last year was not good. I complained to Alamo upon returning home and was given a good refund. So, since I know that Alamo's cars are not updated, which company should we use with a good price for 9 days? Our trip is next month. I have used Tropic in the past, but at least 10 years ago.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tropic is the best but you have to reserve several months ahead.

Lee55

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club,
Marriott Aruba Surf Club,
& Marriott Grande Vista
Hans at Tropic. Been using them for ten plus years..

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
CarVenience.com. My kids are going July 15-22 and are renting a Hyundai Accent 4 door, quoted $209 with taxes and liability insurance with $150 deductible, free second driver and free mileage. Also mentioned that cars are 2017 and 2018 models. Is that reasonable?

Last edited:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tropic was sold out for our trip this past spring so I asked them for recommendations, and they sent me to Wheels2Go, as I recall (at least I think that's how I got to them). I was satisfied with Wheels2Go and was glad to have a local company.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Thanks so much. We booked with Tropic for 9 days. He advised us to be aware of the high winds while parking at the Surf Club. Their cars are being returned with dents in the doors. I know about those winds. You really have to hold on to the doors while entering/exiting.

Reaction score
I always rent from Tropic or Wheels2Go. Used Wheel2Go last summer and was very pleased.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I got an Alamo car using Chase points. It was old, beaten up, and had manual locks. So strange that Alamo, an international organization, has such crappy cars in their fleet.