• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Arrived on Kauai!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The only thing mo betta than Spam is Portuguese Sausage Spam!!!

I'm going to have to look for that and try it. I can't get my wife to eat Spam now. I think it reminds her too much of the early years in our marriage when we had absolutely nothing and we would regularly eat a meal of fried Spam, onions and potatoes. I thought it was delicious!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm going to have to look for that and try it. I can't get my wife to eat Spam now. I think it reminds her too much of the early years in our marriage when we had absolutely nothing and we would regularly eat a meal of fried Spam, onions and potatoes. I thought it was delicious!

You may want to go to Spam.com and check it out. Spam (the canned meat, not the email kind), comes in a wide assortment of varieties now. I counted 20.

Dave

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Same here, except is was my Cantonese Mom who made Spam Fried rice for us as a special lunch. Did not know growing up in San Francisco that there was an Asian, Pacific Islander, Northwest, Minnesota connection.

Growing up in Honolulu my mom would make spam fried rice quite often on the weekends for breakfast. I do the same :) whenever I have leftover rice. I haven't tried the portguese sausage spam. Didn't like the teriyaki spam. When in Hawaii, DH loves real portugese sausage and eggs. I just showed my son last week how to make fried spam with maple syrup glaze, which my brother taught me years ago when I was a teen :) Eat it with rice, of course!

WishinIwasFishin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagonita Lodge, Pono Kai
I am LOVING all these comments about your experiences in Hawaii...especially Kauai, as we spent two glorious weeks there last summer, and had the time of our lives. We would return there in a heartbeat. There's nothing like the lush greenery, frequent rainfall, beautiful sunrise/sunset, and the array of outdoor activities. The oceanfront timeshare didn't hurt either. ;-)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Growing up in Honolulu my mom would make spam fried rice quite often on the weekends for breakfast. I do the same :) whenever I have leftover rice. I haven't tried the portguese sausage spam. Didn't like the teriyaki spam. When in Hawaii, DH loves real portugese sausage and eggs. I just showed my son last week how to make fried spam with maple syrup glaze, which my brother taught me years ago when I was a teen :) Eat it with rice, of course!

Every year I sneak some P. Sausage into the cart when the wife isn't looking.... Love that stuff with eggs for breakfast. Boy does it make some wicked pan grease.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Kauai this past weekend. I couldn't believe all the different kinds of Spam at the one grocery store (I think it was Foodland).

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We just returned from Kauai this past weekend. I couldn't believe all the different kinds of Spam at the one grocery store (I think it was Foodland).

That's where I bought the Portuguese Sausage SPAM I sent to my friends in Virginia.

Yes, the can survived, and we mailed it off to my friends. They were thrilled! Of course, I had to fill the box with other Hawaii-themed goodies, like a big bag of honey-glazed macadamia nuts, a bag of those School Kine Cookies from Costco, fake leis, Your-Name-In-Hawaiian keychains, I Love Hawaii post-it notes, Hawaii map drink coasters, a current copy of HAWAII magazine, some shell leis, and a ballpoint pen that says ALOHA HAWAII on the side. It was a trinket and trashy souvenir treasure load, all shipped in a flat-rate box at the post office. Didn't cost me much, and they loved every bit of it! :)

Dave

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
And it's not just about the Spam. Don't forget all of the Spam-flavored things in life. Unfortunately I tried these, and it did not remind me of Spam...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Remember if you don't have room in your luggage there is always USPS and if it fits it ships.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Remember if you don't have room in your luggage there is always USPS and if it fits it ships.

That's exactly what I did. The same way we also sent my sister a really nice Hawaiian-print dress from Maui, as a Thank You for house sitting for us while we were gone. I have wonderful family and friends, and I enjoy doing nice things for them, especially when they don't expect it. :)

Dave

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
And it's not just about the Spam. Don't forget all of the Spam-flavored things in life. Unfortunately I tried these, and it did not remind me of Spam...
I was surprised how much Spam flavored mac nuts really do taste like Spam. I do like Spam, but I don't think I'll buy the nuts again.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was surprised how much Spam flavored mac nuts really do taste like Spam. I do like Spam, but I don't think I'll buy the nuts again.

I haven’t seen that. Not sure I’d want to. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Sounds like a good way to ruin mac nuts. :p

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We are here now and found the Sugarloaf Pineapple. Signs on the side of the road advertising them at various stands plus at the smoothie truck in Hanalei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We are here now and found the Sugarloaf Pineapple. Signs on the side of the road advertising them at various stands plus at the smoothie truck in Hanalei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love those. We’ll get some in January. Enjoy!!