• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you Timesharing Thanksgiving week?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I own a Thanksgving week at Gulf Tides at Longboat Keys, FL but this year going for the first time to Marriott Barony Beach at Hilton Head, SC.

Wonder if many of my fellow tuggers timeshare during Thanksgiving. Do you eat out or cook in your unit for Thanksgiving?

This year we plan on eating out. We did have an early Thanksgiving feast that we cooked yesterday.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are planning to do so in 2019 when our float week falls during Thanksgiving. It has only fallen that week one other time and we couldn’t do it because my dad was very ill in the hospital.

We will probably eat in our unit- maybe get a precooked Thanksgiving dinner from the supermarket.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Heading to Mexico for the week, and definitely not planning to cook for Thanksgiving! I figure having some tacos and cerveza delivered to me on my pool lounger should be good. :D

Kurt

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Heading to Longboat Bay Club for Thanksgiving. I am planning to cook since our only child who lives in Nashville will be flying in on Wednesday night after she gets off work will be extremely disappointed if we eat out over having a traditional turkey dinner. I don't mind because if I Remember correctly the kitchens are well-equipped there I'm just not sure about the turkey baster :)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
No. We will be home. The only years we "timeshared" over Thanksgiving were before we moved here to Santa Fe. We would get a timeshare and spend the holidays with my sil and bil (who live here). We've always had Thanksgiving dinner at their home, or now at ours since we moved.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
If I didn't work part-time at Target, I would most definitely be away for the long weekend. :) The past several years, we've started a new tradition of being away over Christmas. We only go to NH (from Maine) but it's still away! That works great...forces us to not overdo the gifts, since we'd have to pack them up and bring them home.

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We normally are at Umbrella Beach Resort (Anna Maria Island FL) over Thanksgiving. Been doing that for 9 years. However this year our only child started university. So hubby and I are here at Umbrellas this week so we will be home for Thanksgiving next week when she visits. BUT now that we have a better idea on how this works, I just a few hours ago got an exchange into Umbrella Beach for NEXT year! It's a learning curve :)

All the years we were at Umbrella we simply did steaks on the grill. We then have the full turkey dinner another weekend; it doesn't matter to us when, as long as it happens - LOL!

We often are not home for Christmas or New Years as well. There were several years when I had a special bin full of gifts as well as lights and some ornaments to decorate the timeshare so it felt festive. These were drive to destinations. The year we did Italy over Xmas and NYs we had to forego all of that but 1) little girl was now old enough to understand and 2) well, Italy over the holidays! That was a big enough gift for us all!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
While we are not staying Home we are not Timesharing. We are traveling to SLC to spend a week with our two Granddaughters. Oh also my Son and DIL.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spend every Thanksgiving at Bentley Brook in MA. We have spent the last six years there. This year we also booked 2 extra 2 bedroom units for my two daughters and their families. There will be 14 of us. We have always cooked our dinner in the Unit. We spend every Christmas at the Inn on Long Wharf in Newport RI. This will be our 7th year there. We enjoy cooking our meals at the resort. Thank God for the dishwashers

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both me and my husband work for employers whose busy season spans November and December. For the past 29 years, no travel during those months. He has to work Thanksgiving day and most years I have to work Thanksgiving night.

Best wishes to everyone traveling this holiday season!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on a TUG thread, we're heading to the new Waterside Resort in Roper, NC for Thanksgiving week. Since it's a (relatively) short drive from us, we'll be cooking (which is something both my mother and I like to do,) because we can bring so much stuff with us. Plus, we also kind of like the challenge of timeshare cooking (spurs creativity, LOL!) My spouse's in-laws are coming up from ATL for the holiday, so they'll be six of us there for three nights.

I am *so* looking forward to it. Before I booked the exchange, I called and they promised that the hot tub would still be open. Now I'm worried that since it's been a bit colder than normal here in NC the past week or so, they'll have closed it. That would make me very sad. :(

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But I'm not going to call and check, because right now it's Schrodinger's Hot Tub, both open and closed until I arrive. ;)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We will be home on Thanksgiving but going to a timeshare in Sebastian FL on Friday after Thanksgiving.
We have gone to timeshares during Thanksgiving and cooked in the timeshare and also went out to dinner too. I prefer to stay home on the holiday. But going on Friday will be fun.
Silentg

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We will spend Thanksgiving week at Eagle Crest Resort in Redmond, OR (central Oregon) and will definitely be cooking in.

We spent many Thanksgivings in timeshare in San Francisco over the years. First year it was because I needed to use points and didn't have much vacation so only had to take three work days off. Turns out to be one of the nicest weeks of the year in San Francisco.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes :) Will be in Fort Lauderdale with family. Only bummer is I now have to work part of my vacation :crash:. I just have to look at the bright side in that I just regained 1-2 more vacation days for a weekend trip :ponder:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Thanksgiving we stayed, with son and daughter and her husband, in a three-bedroom at Marriotts Surfwatch in Hilton Head. We leave tomorrow for Hilton Head where we all will stay in a three-bedroom at Carolina Club. The wife likes to prepare Thanksgiving dinner.

CaboGuys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham- Worldmark - Raintree - Melia Vacation Club
We are headed out to Zihuatanejo, Mexico for Thanksgiving! Staying at the wonderful Worldmark Zihuatanejo and the Pacífica Grand. We have been going there for many years!
Weather is great there and such a nice friendly town. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No - but I sent my brother's family to Lawa'i Beach Resort for the week - does that count?

I am always the hostess for Thanksgiving, and for the first time, in many years, I am doing NOTHING for Thanksgiving. I can't say that I mind. The company my husband works for is staying open tomorrow, and as the GM, either he or a manager have to be on the premesis, so he gave the managers the day off, and he is taking Friday off. Both of my kids are having dinner with their in-laws, and I am going to stay home with my feet up. Not a problem!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We went to Harborside Resort ar Atlantis 2 years ago. We had 2 3-bedroom units for 16 of us. We ate out for Thanksguving but I would have cooked if there was a real oven there. We had a great time.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Thanksgiving is our family’s least favorite holiday. To us it is just about massive needless slaughter and twisted history. We usually have a meal with family but next year we will go to Orlando instead. We figured schools out and the weather will be nice so let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are having Thanksgiving at home and getting the store precooked turkey package. We then head out on the weekend to Westin Mission Hills to join our friends for a couple of weeks. They are spending Thanksgiving with their children and spouses and grandkids at WMH and they all clear out by that Saturday.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Myrtle Beach this week and for Thanksgiving; we will be dining at some local seafood restaurant.

The Commander - In - Chief has something plan every day and hour for this week.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
We are heading to Newport Coast Villas and I will cook but not too much. I am looking forward to riding bikes on the beach in the sunshine on Thanksgiving!:whooopie: My husband, 15 year old son and 20 year old daughter have been warned that I will be on vacation too.....