• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are you a Tug Facebook member? Did you like Tug? Did you recommend Tug?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I didn’t even realize TUG had a Facebook page until today. I am guessing by the amount of members on TUG’s Facebook page many of my tugger friend missed it like me.

I just joined TUG’s Facebook page and selected the liked icon and recommended TUG on my own page saying
“If you own a timeshare or looking to get one this is a must join group with loads of great Information. Significantly more information is on their website tugbbs.com then on Facebook at this time.

I personally love timesharing. I get to do lots of traveling to great places at reasonable costs. I have been timesharing for over 30 years. Yikes, that makes me sound old, but young in spirit and heart.”

This is a great way to get the word out to others who don’t know about TUG.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am. But I haven't been seeing the posts lately. I used to like to see the newsletters through it since I don't get them via my email.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I closed my Facebook account some 7 or 8 years ago. My take was that the risks in having one outweighed the benefits...

George
A position which has been validated by recent events.
Facebook is the devil!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am. But I haven't been seeing the posts lately. I used to like to see the newsletters through it since I don't get them via my email.
Newsletters?
We got newsletters?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Newsletters?
We got newsletters?

If you subscribe to it (for free, of course), yes.

I had subscribed but one day I was emptying my spam folder and didn't realize the newsletter was there. Because I deleted it, TUG Brian said I cannot resubscribe. Against the policy or something.:(

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you subscribe to it (for free, of course), yes.

I had subscribed but one day I was emptying my spam folder and didn't realize the newsletter was there. Because I deleted it, TUG Brian said I cannot resubscribe. Against the policy or something.:(
IIRC, wasn't the newsletter something of a recap of recent activity on the website? I don't think it had new (and exclusive) content - did it?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
IIRC, wasn't the newsletter something of a recap of recent activity on the website? I don't think it had new (and exclusive) content - did it?
It is a recap but I like seeing if I missed anything and especially like new reviews. Just this morning saw a review that I didn’t notice that I was interested in reading.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It is a recap but I like seeing if I missed anything and especially like new reviews. Just this morning saw a review that I didn’t notice that I was interested in reading.

Exactly

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes the newsletter still goes out every saturday.

unfortunately our newsletter software has an agreement that prevents us from sending the newsletter to emails that marked the newsletter as spam or unsubscribed from it (its how they keep us off spam blacklists etc) :(

here is last weeks newsletter:

https://madmimi.com/s/11688c

we also republish the newsletter on our facebook page, twitter feed, linkedin account, and google+ page multiple times each week for those who might have missed the email itself!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I work in the Silicon Valley in high tech. A few years ago, based on concerns about privacy, I decided to only use Facebook for work and never post anything I would not want people to know publicly because of concerns about privacy. Turns out I was right.

I spend minimal time on social media these days outside of work and usually lurk and not post (with the exception of this TUG site which does not reveal identities.)

I wish my family members would do the same...

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We do not Facebook.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Among the many reasons I do not do FaceBook, the layout and use of space on FaceBook is just awful. Stop and look at a FB screen sometime (someone else's of course...)
You really only have about the center 1/3 of the screen (vertically) for use in reading. Posts disappear far too quickly so a lot on content is never seen. Yes, I know there are ways to overcome this weakness but the design of the Facebook website is a case study in how NOT to design a website.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is little content on the TUG facebook page you cant find here on the forums...so no worries for those of you who arent there!

it is super handy though when folks share TUG posts/info on their FB posts, you never know what friends you have who are closet timeshare owners!

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I work in the Silicon Valley in high tech. A few years ago, based on concerns about privacy, I decided to only use Facebook for work and never post anything I would not want people to know publicly because of concerns about privacy. Turns out I was right.

I spend minimal time on social media these days outside of work and usually lurk and not post (with the exception of this TUG site which does not reveal identities.)

I wish my family members would do the same...

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree a good and thorough determined hacker can triangulate enough information about us here on tug2net about our personal lives

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Oddly, I can't seem to open facebook on my laptop right now but it opens on my phone. When tug first went on facebook it was a regular page with facebook friends that could be invited to yours or theirs page. I think I have a folder of maybe 50 people from tug and over yonder.

I think this is how I met billymach4 originally and then I ended up meeting this cool dude in person at 30 rock.

Bill

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea someone reported our original page since it was a "person" vs a business, and instead of converting it we had to start all over as a "business" page...it was a real bummer.