• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are there two resorts right next to each other in Orlando?

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
Instead of try to find resorts close to each other, you might want to try to get all your needed units at the largest resorts in the area. I would suggest either Marriott Grande Vista or Sheraton Vistana Resort. Both are large enough to have two different resort codes in Interval and probably have at least 300 units each.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lady at at Interval is
Telling me to put in request for Marriott Grande Vista resort because she says they have more Availability and my
Chances would be better if
Getting four 3 bedroom units in one resort.

I would love to hear your opinions on that strategy.

Also, what’s the closest timeshare to Grand Vista for a backup Plan? I’m not
Great at reading that map someone
Posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake are around the corner. Sheraton Vistana Villages is also pretty close.

But I don't think any of those have 3BR villas so if you are limiting yourself to that, you would likely need to step down in quality (Bluegreen might have 3BRs) or take your chances at Grande Vista.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake are around the corner. Sheraton Vistana Villages is also pretty close.

But I don't think any of those have 3BR villas so if you are limiting yourself to that, you would likely need to step down in quality (Bluegreen might have 3BRs) or take your chances at Grande Vista.

Like walking distance around the corner?

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instead of try to find resorts close to each other, you might want to try to get all your needed units at the largest resorts in the area. I would suggest either Marriott Grande Vista or Sheraton Vistana Resort. Both are large enough to have two different resort codes in Interval and probably have at least 300 units each.

What are the two resort codes for Grand Vista? I only see one.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
One 3-bedrrom unit Christmas Week is nearly impossible (we got one once). Four is unlikely.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
One 3-bedrrom unit Christmas Week is nearly impossible (we got one once). Four is unlikely.

We just changed it to Thanksgiving week at Grande Vista Marriott hoping for a better result. If they don’t start coming thru, I’ll add a rental to it, and then I’ll put in the two resorts close by, Cypress and another one that I forget the name.

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
The codes for Grand Vista are MGV and MGR.

hot2trot

Reaction score
In the Marriott system, there aren't a lot of choices in Orlando for 3 bedroom, and if you want FOUR 3 bedroom all the same week..... good luck! Marriott Imperial Palms is actually one building, but all the units are very large 3 bedroom villas. It is located right across the street from Royal Palms which are all 2 bedroom. That is right on the same property as the Marriott Hotel. It is an older property, built in the mid 1980's, but they are all nice and the closest resort to Disney.

Your next choice is Marriott's Grande Vista ( be careful of spelling as there is another Grand Vista resort in Orlando - different company) They do have 3 bedroom, but those were only built in the later parts of the resort. Cypress Harbor are all 2 bedroom non lock off. Marriott's Harbour Villas does have some 3 bedroom villas, but I don't think as many as that property doesn't have as many villas either. Grande Vista is the largest of Marriott's properties in Orlando, they have over 1200 rooms there.

Marriott's Lakeshore Village also has 3 bedroom townhomes, and it is really nice, but trying to find 4 of them would be almost impossible. They only have 82 villas there, and they have 8 different floor plans.

If you need that many bedrooms, Grande Vista is best choice. You could also go for a 2 bedroom and then a studio, to come up with 3 bedrooms. At least everyone would be at same property. Good luck!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Go with a Marriott. Depends on what parks. Grand vista is close to universal (15 min drive) Marriott Cypress Harbor is nice too

I spent 6 weeks at grand vista earlier this summer. I learned to like it. I also had a really nice view so that helped.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Is there a resort in Orlando that DOESN'T have another resort right next door? Or at least very close...