• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are there two resorts right next to each other in Orlando?

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
thinking of putting in for trade at two different resorts that are very close together or related in Orlando. Thinking this might maximize my chances of getting two or three large units at Christmas 2020 or 2021.

Which resorts would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Sabal Palms, Royal Palms and Imperial Palms are part of the same complex. Sheraton's Vistana Resort (not Villages) is right around the corner from that Marriott complex.

(Grand Beach is across the road from the Sheraton but those would be my first choice.)

All of that is right near the Disney property line.

If you are spending time at Universal, there are several fairly close together up on Westwood/International Drive also. (check google maps for Marriott Cypress Harbour and Harbour Lake - with Grande Vista, Sheraton Vistana Villages and Bluegreen (and HGVC-SeaWorld from RCI) within a mile or so.)

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I second the recommendation for Marriott’s Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms. The drive from there to the WDW parks is as quick and easy (in some ways quicker and easier) than the drive from the Disney resorts. (But from Disney resorts you could take Disney transportation instead of driving.) And the accommodations are lovely. Sheraton Vistana Resort is a little farther away but almost as convenient. We’ve also stayed at Grand Beach and enjoyed their 3 bedroom units, but driving to WDW involves making a left turn onto Hwy. 535, not always easy.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel Cypress Pointe, Diamond Grande Villas Resort , and the Bluegreen Vacation Resort are located in the same general area. They are right next door to one another, liked a triangle, if my memory served me correctly.

Last edited:

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Interval, if a trade comes through and I accept it, and then a better unit comes available, what are the options? Any? I’ve never used them before.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Vacation Village At Parkway & Parkway International are neighbors.

Vistana Villages is across the street from The Fountains.

Magic Tree Resort is across the street from WestGate Vacation Villages. Both of those are just around the corner from Orbit One Vacation Villas.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
You've had some good suggestions so far. I don't know what you're trading in with, but Marriott's Imperial Palms resort only has 3 bedroom units. The other properties at the same location -- Royal Palms and Sabal Palms are resorts that only have 2 bedroom units.

If you only request Imperial Palms, Interval may present that option with an upgrade fee. Might be worth it to have everyone in the same complex.

In regards to holding out for a better option, that's what the E-Plus option that Interval offers is for. The only downside with choosing it is that all subsequent searches must be done manually. So you will be putting some time into getting what you want.

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you! Great suggestions but now I’m looking for opinions on probability, which suggestions might be most probable since it’s going to be hard.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some

melpollard

TUG Member
Reaction score

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Reunion (a large master plan community) has both Wyndham and Worldmark on the same property ... likely in the same buildings ... likely overlapping the same units. All are 3BR units.

Edited to add: Both are RCI. If only trading in II, forget these. Sorry.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Thanks. I’ll give it a try. Usually after two paragraphs , I start hearing Charlie Brown’s mother’s voice in my head.

That's not unintentional . . . this is timesharing

:cool:

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel Cypress Pointe, Diamond Grande Villas Resort , and the Bluegreen Vacation Resort are located in the same general area. They are right next door to one another, liked a triangle, if my memory served me correctly.
And Blue Tree is across the street from Cypress Pointe.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Interval, if a trade comes through and I accept it, and then a better unit comes available, what are the options? Any?

You do have the option when booking a trade to add $59 or so to get E-Plus added. One downside is that you cannot put in an ongoing search for retrade options - it's all about stalking the website.

I go to WDW a lot but never Christmas week (way way way too crowded) so I'm not sure what will be available but if you are searching in advance, you should be fine.

Q. What is E-Plus?

• E-Plus allows members to retrade their confirmed exchange up to three times for a different destination, resort, unit size, or travel date for a one-time fee.
Q. What is a retrade?

• A retrade is when a member changes his or her original confirmed exchange to a different destination, resort, unit size, or travel date for an additional full exchange fee.
Q. How does E-Plus differ from a regular retrade?

• With E-Plus, members pay a nominal one-time fee (in addition to the exchange fee) for the option to change their confirmation up to three times at no additional cost. With a regular retrade, members can change their confirmed exchange for as many times as needed, but they have to pay the full exchange fee each time.
Q. Do I have to pay for a unit-size upgrade on an E-Plus retrade?

• If your E-Plus retrade is being confirmed into a larger unit than your existing confirmation, then the E-Plus retrade is subject to the Unit-Size Upgrade fee.

However, if your current confirmed exchange is a smaller unit than your original relinquishment, the Unit-Size Upgrade fee will apply only if you carry out an E-Plus retrade into a larger unit than the one you initially relinquished.

In addition, there is no upgrade fee for E-Plus retrades made within the Flexchange window.
Q. Why should I purchase E-Plus instead of a retrade?

• E-Plus provides the utmost in flexibility! E-Plus allows you to retrade, or change your plans, up to three times for only a one-time fee. If you retrade without E-Plus, you must pay the full exchange fee each time you change your plans.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
You can somewhat ignore that.

It will open with a map of the US, and that warning over it.

Up above, there are things to click on.

Click on Florida.

Now, zoom into the Orlando area.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriotts Cypress and Harbor Lake are across the street from one another.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Bluegreen Oasis Lakes & Vistana Villages are right across from each other.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I would take MArriotts 1st, then Vistana resorts.