• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone successful in renting out their weeks at the Grand Luxxe?

jimkeyl56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence K'annapali Hawaii
Grand Luxxe Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
IN Nuevo Vallarta?
Hi Guys! Im new here and suddenly I find myself with buyers remorse much like alot of you here..
I am going to try to get out of the contract since I only bought 2 .5 weeks ago.. but in the mean time I want to know if its possible to recoop some of the costs by renting out the weeks. and how thats done..I will continue to scour these forums for answers but if anyone has a link to a discussion that talks about this then please forward that to me!!!
I really appreciate this website .You guys are awesome.
Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unfortunately, Mexico has more rental supply than demand, so it's not easy to rent in Mexico. Christmas, New Years and Easter seem to have the strongest demand. Also - is there a mandatory all inclusive fee?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you bought 2.5 weeks ago you are probably stuck. If I remember correctly the Recission period in Mexico is 5 business days. Saturday is a business day. Sunday is not.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will continue to scour these forums for answers but if anyone has a link to a discussion that talks about this then please forward that to me!

TUG has quite a few threads and posts about people in the same predicament as you. We have given advice on what to do. Unfortunately, it's not what people want to hear but, here goes.

AS the above post has mentioned, you have passed your 5-day rescission period. You can try sending in a rescission request. They might honour it, they might not. It's worth a shot.

Since you bought less than three weeks ago, I'm assuming you still have a mortgage owning. If that is the case, you have two choices. Firstly, let the resort know that you are not paying another penny in mortgage or maintenance fees, then walk away. You will lose ownership and whatever deposit you paid. But at least you won't be paying thousands of dollars more into a product that is worth only a couple hundred dollars (maximum).

Or, you can learn to use what you bought. Despite all the negativity about TSs (especially in Mexico) there are some happy TS owners who use their intervals.

The biggest caution we give to people in your situation is this. Do not pay anyone a large fee that claims it will somehow get you out of your timeshare purchase. Also, do not fall for any of the scams (usually via a phone call) that claim they can sell or rent out your interval for big bucks. As Denise said, unless your interval is for around Christmas or New Year's, it has little or no resale or rental value.

I wish the best for you and hope you do not fall for any other scams or bad deals.

jimkeyl56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence K'annapali Hawaii
Grand Luxxe Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
Thanks LannyPC..
There was one service called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that will try to rescind the contract . they work on a contingency and are rated good by the bbb ? (link removed) I spoke with them . They only charge you if they are successful and then they will charge you 2000 dollars.. no guarantee though that they can get your deposit back.
But it sounds like its easier to walk away and get the same result minus the $2000. Does anyone know if this will affect the credit rating?

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this will affect the credit rating?

Chances are slim seeing that they are in Mexico and I am assuming you are not. They have little reach into the US (or wherever you live). Even if it does, is it worth $2000 to protect your credit rating?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG. You're definitely past the rescind period in MX, so walking away may be your only choice with their RTU contracts. Whether or not your credit will get hit has never really been answered on this board to my knowledge, but I'd suggest you read through your contract about what happens if you simply don't pay the maintenance fee a few times. They may simply cancel the contract after a while.

OTOH, Grand Luxxe is viewed as a top-quality resort among most TUGgers who've been there, so it has renting potential. And there are several owners on this board who love & use their memberships. The issue is--can you get enough to cover your maintenance fee and maybe make a bit more? Right now, there are ways to exchange in which are definitely less expensive than owning, but the general public may not have access to that.

I'd suggest you check into the Mexico forum on this BBS and ask a few of the owners there for their advice. Best of luck to you!

Edited to add: I'd strongly suggest you not go with the Timeshare Solutions contact you mention to get you out of this. We've seen/heard this so many times and as others have mentioned--you will simply lose out if you go this way. They may promise that they only take a commission, but once you get into their process, they'll have special taxes or fees that have to be paid first. I wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’ve seen quite a few rental offers for Grand Luxxe on eBay at rates higher than the usage fees. Haven’t really looked to see if they are selling (renting), though. You can probably check that. On the other hand, if yours is a payment only on use one, you don’t have to pay for and reserve a week that you’ll then want to rent to recoup the fee. Best to check the contract and any addenda to be sure.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I don't own Vidanta, I can assure you that the Grand Luxxe should be a "rentable" property. But I don't know what your MF are.
Typically anything Dec-February is prime season.

You can see "rates" on Redweek. (Just to get an idea of what a unit your size *could* go for).
However, just because someone lists something at XYZ price doesn't mean they get it.

As others have said, Christmas, NY, Valentines week are prime weeks, but you probably have to book them a year in advance (I doubt you could get anything for Dec 2017, and New Years/Feb 2018 at this point).

It also depends on the unit size. 2 BR seem to be more popular than the 1 BR, and the studios even less so.

You could exchange, but I'd advise against that only because of how much the GL costs for the buy-in and the MF.

I *think* when I attended (never again) the sales presentation in NV, the 2 BR GL had MF around $1800 (?). But I don't recall exactly, and of course, with Vidanta, everything is negotiable.

For me, it's significantly cheaper to exchange my HGVC week with SFX and get a 2 BR Grand Luxxe. So that's one big reason I did not buy (not to mention the $200k they wanted or something for the Loft units).

There may be more info over at the Mexico forum here in TUG.