TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone purchased a Hilton Vacation Package recently and can give any pointers?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by rog2867, Feb 13, 2018.

1. rog2867

rog2867 TUG Member

Hi, we just booked this mini vacation as it was pretty cheap. We are 3 star elite Starwood owners so we know about timesharing through them but nothing about Hilton. My wife has lots of Hilton points so they gave her this deal. Was wondering what to expect when we go for the presentation? Anyone know what they would be trying to sell? Just trying to do my homework here, we won't be buying because we already have so much Starwood but would like to arm myself with some good info if anyone has any. Details of the package are below. It says area hotel stay? I would think they would be putting us up in a timeshare unit there, no?

Thank you for purchasing your vacation package to Hilton Head Island! Hilton Grand Vacations is pleased to be your host and is here to help make your vacation experience exactly what you want it to be.

Here are your package details:

4 day / 3 night stay at an area hotel. PLUS $200 Spend A Night On Us Certificate

How to use your Spend a Night On Us Certificate

2. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    I am pretty sure that you will be in a hotel on HHI, but you can always ask when you schedule. I except the TS presentation to be at Ocean Oaks. We have been to Ocean Oaks a couple of times now. It is one of our favorites in the HGVC system. It is a beautiful location and the resort only opened to TS guest 1 year ago. I don’t really think that you will find resale yet at this location because it is so new. In fact, phase II (adding ~ 69 rooms to the original 66 rooms) has just begun. This property is linked (same developer) with the properties at Myrtle Beach (currently Anderson Ocean Club and Ocean 22 with Ocean 16 starting soon)

I think the following link asked a similar question.
    https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/questions-before-my-first-timeshare-visit.254228/

This link has information about the property.
    https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php.../-affiliated-information.254931/#post-1997600

3. rog2867

rog2867 TUG Member

great info, thank you. I looked around but didn't see , anything thanks. At least Ill be staying someplace nice.

4. magmue

magmue TUG Member

We did a similar Hilton package in Waikoloa Hawaii in early December. They lodged us in the Hilton Hotel right down the street from Kingsland, where the sales presentation was done. I had already been doing due diligence here on Tug, so didn’t bite on buying retail. It was reasonably cordial, but I think I asked a lot of uncomfortable questions about why it made sense to purchase directly from Hilton. We did bite on a VIP package with the closer for a 1 week try before you buy stay - 7000 points for $1700. Then bought 2 weeks at Bay Club 2 br villa on eBay the following week, 16,800 points per year.

We’ll be going back to Waikoloa this Nov/Dec for our VIP week at Kingsland immediately followed by a week at the Bay Club villa. We’ll have to sit through another presentation, but I doubt they will expend much effort on us this time.

5. Mosescan

Mosescan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
    Well played Sir, well played!

6. magmue

magmue TUG Member

Ma’am, not Sir, but thanks all the same! I can be a bit OCD about research, but it frequently pays off nicely. Was very happy to find Tug beforehand, and have continued to inhale the information available here. I look forward to digging in deeper as time goes by to learn how to make the most of our TS.
    Considering Worldmark next, to open up Pacific NW options.

Maggie

7. Mosescan

Mosescan TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
    There is so much to learn here. I’ve been learning so much the last few months. I’ve owned HGVC for 7 years but am just now exploring all the possibilities besides just going to a resort with your points. I may start taking advantage of the RCI last minute deals.

8. rog2867

rog2867 TUG Member

thank you. I to do a lot of research and see that I can buy HGVC points for around 65 cents to around a dollar each online. Their locations really do not interest me as I am 4 star elite with starwood and the properties overlap and they have no Caribbean destinations, but this is a mini cheap vacation so what the hell. I will try to take it easy on the sales guy unless he gets pushy :)