• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone purchased a Hilton Vacation Package recently and can give any pointers?

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, we just booked this mini vacation as it was pretty cheap. We are 3 star elite Starwood owners so we know about timesharing through them but nothing about Hilton. My wife has lots of Hilton points so they gave her this deal. Was wondering what to expect when we go for the presentation? Anyone know what they would be trying to sell? Just trying to do my homework here, we won't be buying because we already have so much Starwood but would like to arm myself with some good info if anyone has any. Details of the package are below. It says area hotel stay? I would think they would be putting us up in a timeshare unit there, no?

Thank you for purchasing your vacation package to Hilton Head Island! Hilton Grand Vacations is pleased to be your host and is here to help make your vacation experience exactly what you want it to be.

Here are your package details:

4 day / 3 night stay at an area hotel. PLUS $200 Spend A Night On Us Certificate

How to use your Spend a Night On Us Certificate

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am pretty sure that you will be in a hotel on HHI, but you can always ask when you schedule. I except the TS presentation to be at Ocean Oaks. We have been to Ocean Oaks a couple of times now. It is one of our favorites in the HGVC system. It is a beautiful location and the resort only opened to TS guest 1 year ago. I don’t really think that you will find resale yet at this location because it is so new. In fact, phase II (adding ~ 69 rooms to the original 66 rooms) has just begun. This property is linked (same developer) with the properties at Myrtle Beach (currently Anderson Ocean Club and Ocean 22 with Ocean 16 starting soon)

I think the following link asked a similar question.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/questions-before-my-first-timeshare-visit.254228/

This link has information about the property.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php.../-affiliated-information.254931/#post-1997600

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that you will be in a hotel on HHI, but you can always ask when you schedule. I except the TS presentation to be at Ocean Oaks. We have been to Ocean Oaks a couple of times now. It is one of our favorites in the HGVC system. It is a beautiful location and the resort only opened to TS guest 1 year ago. I don’t really think that you will find resale yet at this location because it is so new. In fact, phase II (adding ~ 69 rooms to the original 66 rooms) has just begun. This property is linked (same developer) with the properties at Myrtle Beach (currently Anderson Ocean Club and Ocean 22 with Ocean 16 starting soon)

I think the following link asked a similar question.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/questions-before-my-first-timeshare-visit.254228/

This link has information about the property.
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php.../-affiliated-information.254931/#post-1997600

great info, thank you. I looked around but didn't see , anything thanks. At least Ill be staying someplace nice.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
We did a similar Hilton package in Waikoloa Hawaii in early December. They lodged us in the Hilton Hotel right down the street from Kingsland, where the sales presentation was done. I had already been doing due diligence here on Tug, so didn’t bite on buying retail. It was reasonably cordial, but I think I asked a lot of uncomfortable questions about why it made sense to purchase directly from Hilton. We did bite on a VIP package with the closer for a 1 week try before you buy stay - 7000 points for $1700. Then bought 2 weeks at Bay Club 2 br villa on eBay the following week, 16,800 points per year.

We’ll be going back to Waikoloa this Nov/Dec for our VIP week at Kingsland immediately followed by a week at the Bay Club villa. We’ll have to sit through another presentation, but I doubt they will expend much effort on us this time.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
We did a similar Hilton package in Waikoloa Hawaii in early December. They lodged us in the Hilton Hotel right down the street from Kingsland, where the sales presentation was done. I had already been doing due diligence here on Tug, so didn’t bite on buying retail. It was reasonably cordial, but I think I asked a lot of uncomfortable questions about why it made sense to purchase directly from Hilton. We did bite on a VIP package with the closer for a 1 week try before you buy stay - 7000 points for $1700. Then bought 2 weeks at Bay Club 2 br villa on eBay the following week, 16,800 points per year.

We’ll be going back to Waikoloa this Nov/Dec for our VIP week at Kingsland immediately followed by a week at the Bay Club villa. We’ll have to sit through another presentation, but I doubt they will expend much effort on us this time.
Well played Sir, well played!

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
Ma’am, not Sir, but thanks all the same! I can be a bit OCD about research, but it frequently pays off nicely. Was very happy to find Tug beforehand, and have continued to inhale the information available here. I look forward to digging in deeper as time goes by to learn how to make the most of our TS.
Considering Worldmark next, to open up Pacific NW options.

Maggie

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
There is so much to learn here. I’ve been learning so much the last few months. I’ve owned HGVC for 7 years but am just now exploring all the possibilities besides just going to a resort with your points. I may start taking advantage of the RCI last minute deals.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score

thank you. I to do a lot of research and see that I can buy HGVC points for around 65 cents to around a dollar each online. Their locations really do not interest me as I am 4 star elite with starwood and the properties overlap and they have no Caribbean destinations, but this is a mini cheap vacation so what the hell. I will try to take it easy on the sales guy unless he gets pushy :)